Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 weeks in Oz...advice please

Options
  • 15-07-2009 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi all!

been thinking over the last few days that i would love to do something different next summer and its always been my dream to go to Oz.

so i was thinking of spending maybe 3 weeks there next year ( i know its not a huge amount of time for such a vast country but i don't think time nor work would permit any longer). what would be the main places people would advise to go see in that time? i've heard Sydney, Cairns, Brisbane and Uluru are very good...?

also would it be a hugely expensive trip ( i will be in college eh eh!!) regarding flights, accomodation and general living costs? ( a rough estimate of how much i should be aiming to save would be appreciated.)

when would i need to start thinking seriously and booking it all? and one more question, is it advisable to have accomodation got before you go out or could you belt along and sort it when you get to each place?

thanks guys, sorry about the 150 questions!! any advice would be appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

So much to see and do 3 weeks only make you want to come back for more.

The sooner you book the flights the better deals you will get .

Drop by here to see a few things to think about doing.

Any other help just ask .

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

You could easily spend a $1000 a week! you'd be well advised to determine a budget and stick to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Keep in mind that any of the major cities are going to have pretty crap weather at that time of year so don't be expecting to get much of a tan on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 The Max

if your going to travel between cities it would be better to fly, but this will work out quite expensive. As regards where to visit Cairns is well worth a look especailly for the barrier reef and scenery. It's also a pretty good spot for Sky-diving, White water rafting, bungy jumping ect. check out www.peterpans.com they do some pretty good deals for things to see and do as well as accomadation and travel between them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭bungaro

try and do a few things well instead of rushing lots. its such a big place you'd be well advised to fly where you can to save time if you were bussing it. if i were back i'd do sydney (loads to do here inc blue mountains), cairns/gbr and uluru. thought uluru was amazing, its not cheap to get there if you fly but it was worth every penny i thought, magical place.
    you can eat pretty cheaply over there as loads of bar do cheap dinners and if you dorm it then accommodation can be pretty cheap too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Do the thing right and get a 1 year WHV...

3 weeks... by the time you get over the jet lag.... have a sh1te, shave and shower your good for home again

Its a big country with huge travel and too many things to see...

Advertisement