Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Explain these jokes to me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

We're not here to explain jokes to you

:confused:

Also your page doesn't work

I know why you can't get it, it's fooked !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Fixed.

I couldn't think of anywhere else to ask. I think some of them are references to movies I have not seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Can someone explain: 11, 10 (I get the idea, but I feel I'm missing a reference), 8, and 3 to me?
    Think that's a number related poo joke.

If you add 11+10+8+3 you get 32. Thirty two sounds a bit like dirty poo and that's basically the joke.

Not great, Pighead admits, but then again most number related poo jokes tend not to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

I was reading this - http://www.cracked.com/article_17604_13-things-that-changed-world-by-getting-thrown-away.html- and I don't get some of the funnies.

Can someone explain: 11, 10 (I get the idea, but I feel I'm missing a reference), 8, and 3 to me?

In case you were being "serious"...3 is about that mechanical clock/calendar thing they found at the bottom of the med that the ancient Greeks made.

That sort of thing would not be seen again in Europe (or earth!) until the middle ages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

8 looks like a light-sabre (not sure?) on the photoshopped "scrap" table, 10 just seems to be a dig at people (Americans) who try to find justification for their hatreds, politics etc in the bible. 11....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

OK I don't get them either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Is number 10 something to do with the dead sea scrolls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

11- Wilt Chamberlain was a basketball player who claimed to have slept with 30'000 women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If you have to explain jokes..then theyre just not feckin funny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

anniehoo wrote: »
    If you have to explain jokes..then theyre just not feckin funny!
    it depends on the intelligence of the person your telling them to sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

11- Wilt Chamberlain was a basketball player who claimed to have slept with 30'000 women.

sure he was`nt jokin. :?D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Link is not working for me now, 8 was Tomas Edison, I didn't get a chance to look properly, I am guessing there was something photoshopped in the background, or else it is a reference to the light bulb he is holding, he usually gets credit for inventing it, but he didn't. Might be a reference to the real inventor who did "throw it away."

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Link phails for me also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

rubadub wrote: »
    Link is not working for me now, 8 was Tomas Edison, I didn't get a chance to look properly, I am guessing there was something photoshopped in the background, or else it is a reference to the light bulb he is holding, he usually gets credit for inventing it, but he didn't. Might be a reference to the real inventor who did "throw it away."

looks like there's a lightsaber in the bottom left hand corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

8, there is a 'scrapped' light saber in foreground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Pighead wrote: »
    Not great, Pighead admits, but then again most number related poo jokes tend not to be.

This one isn't too bad as the genre goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

i'm failing to see the joke never mind the punchline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

wudangclan wrote: »
    i'm failing to see the joke never mind the punchline

Me too :( Sh!t, I'm stupid.

number eleven
    Chamberlain wrote four books, including his second autobiography, A View from Above (1991), in which he controversially claimed to have had sex with almost 20,000 women — this would have meant, on average, having had sex with more than one new woman every day of his life since the age of 15. Because of that, many people doubt his specific number, though few question the fact of wild sexual behavior. He drew heavy criticism from many public figures, who accused him of fulfilling stereotypes about African Americans, and of behaving irresponsibly, especially given the AIDS crisis, which was well underway by the 1980s (when many of the conquests were made). Chamberlain defended himself, saying "I was just doing what was natural — chasing good-looking ladies, whoever they were and wherever they were available". He also noted that he never tried to sleep with a woman who was married.

ha,ha

• Advertisement

number three looks like da vinci but i don't get it

number eight ,the other dudes got rid of the patent?

these are really cracking me up here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

1. Man with perfect genetics wasting his spunk.
    2. Cheney encouraged torture methods such as waterboarding on suspected terrorists. Note from Bush telling him not to.
    3. Notes on Antikythera mechanism, the world's first computer/calculator.
    4. The One Ring from Lord of the Rings
    5. Part of the original American constitution clearly stating views on abortion, immigration etc.
    6. The characters in Lost have spent their whole time on the island not knowing what the **** is going on. The note in the bottom left explains it.
    7. Needed Google for this one. In the first star was film, the Death Star was destroyed when Luke Skywalker fired at its only weak point, an exhaust vent port. Shopped item in the bottom-left reads 'Exhaust Vent Cover - Do not Discard.'
    8. Thomas Edison, inventor of the light bulb and countless other useful things. There's a Lightsabre in the bottom left.
    9. Terminator's arm. If you've watched the films you'll get it.
    10. Jesus' views on the main areas of political and social contention in the US. The key words are all obscured.
    11. Wilt Chamberlain, a basketballer who claimed to have slept with over 20,000 women.
    12. Barack Obama's birth-cert. Second name is Hussein.
    13. Letter addressed to Hitler, who was rejected from Vienna's Academy of Fine Art. Some people posit his rejection caused his hatred for the Jews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Tbh, most of them are crap.

Advertisement