Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need to cover up??

• 15-07-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

hi there, small problem :ohave my debs in a week and at present i could rival any farmer with my tan! burn easily and in 2 hrs managed to get scorched. was wearin a v neck t shirt at the time so now ive a tan on my lower arms and chest! my dress is strapless and it looks so bad...any advice on tan/cover up to make it go away/less noticable.
    usually use sally for instant tan(the light stuff) as im fair skinned, for going out and stuff but am worried this wont last and will wreck the dress. dont want to just go orange either in order to cover it all! time runnin out so quick soloutions woulod be good:D

all advice welcome thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I'd go for a medium to dark spray tan and hope it covers it all up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I had this problem for my debs a bit, I had a tan on my forearms but my upper arms were a unbelievably white. I just used a Nivea gradual tanning moisturiser thing to bring my upper arms shoulders and chest up to the same colour as my forearms and it looked grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Sally Hansen. Try it a few times before the actual night, in either medium or deep glow depending on your skin. Start by putting it on the places that arent tanned and then move on to the places that are, and give them a lighter coat. It covers up bruises and everything so Im sure it'll work on tan lines

If not, go to a spray tan place and shell out for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Moisturise and exfoliate gently every day to avoid peeling then apply a few layers of gradual tan coming up to the event.
    If any red is showing through the tan use a green-out concealer mixed with your regular moisturiser before hand, but be sure to blend it in really well.

You could always carry a shrug initially if it's going to be too bright going in and remove it as the lights go down if you're particularly paranoid about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I really have to stop posting about Sally Hansen haha.

It depends what skintone you want for your debs. Most people go for a tan (usually too obvious). If you just want a slight glow or to even up skin tone than i would definitely advise gradual tan on the areas that are still white

• Advertisement
Advertisement