Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Bank Account Needed

Options
  • 16-07-2009 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

I had a few problems with my old bank I got laid off and got myself into finincial difficlty missing loan payments and credit card payments. I need a new bank account to get my life back on track with no credit facilities just a basic bank account with a debit card nothing else. I am with AIB but very unhappy with thier service. Can anyone reccomed an account so someone who has had problems in the past I just need to get back on track.

I seen this account with NIB http://www.nationalirishbank.ie/en-ie/Personal/Day-to-day/Current-Accounts/products/Personal-Access/Pages/Personal-Access.aspx does anyone know how good they are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

NIB aren't bad - best internet banking around at the moment. However they won't just sign you up for an account. You'll have to go in and see someone, and they'll go through your finances etc. In your current state, I suspect they may not take you on as I'd imagine they are quite picky - even more so that the moment. That account doesn't give you a debit card, btw, just an ATM card.

Postbank probably do the most basic bank account out there right now. However, some people have criticised their customer service, and their Maestro card is pretty limited in it's functions (no online purchasing etc, and not everywhere accepts it as it's not a Laser card), but works fine in ATM's. However if you just want to have money paid in/take money out maybe it would work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Just done the application with NIB and it was successful even with my credit problems so ig you have problems and want a basic account looks like NIB's Personal Access is the account to go with they are giving me a laser card as well :D

Advertisement