Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New road signs in Dublin

Options
  • 16-07-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Anyone else notice the new road signs going up around Crumlin, Walkinstown, Terenure, Templeogue, Rathfarnham etc. Not sure if they're anywhere else but i noticed every single side road and cul de sac has its own meaningless identification number on a sign but no name. They are in the format L1234. I also noticed the main direction sign for the Long Mile Rd exit on the Walkinstown Roundabout indicates Chapelizod! Why Chapelizod? Ballyfermot maybe. What do the NRA/Dublin Corporation be thinking at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

sedgley wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the new road signs going up around Crumlin, Walkinstown, Terenure, Templeogue, Rathfarnham etc. Not sure if they're anywhere else but i noticed every single side road and cul de sac has its own meaningless identification number on a sign but no name. They are in the format L1234. I also noticed the main direction sign for the Long Mile Rd exit on the Walkinstown Roundabout indicates Chapelizod! Why Chapelizod? Ballyfermot maybe. What do the NRA/Dublin Corporation be thinking at all?

Hopefully they're geo co-ordinates, haha take that suckers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

sedgley wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the new road signs going up around Crumlin, Walkinstown, Terenure, Templeogue, Rathfarnham etc. Not sure if they're anywhere else but i noticed every single side road and cul de sac has its own meaningless identification number on a sign but no name. They are in the format L1234.
    Thats Local Road 1234

M Motorway
    N National
    R Regional
    L Local - divided into P, S & T - Primary, secondary and Tertiary.

I also noticed the main direction sign for the Long Mile Rd exit on the Walkinstown Roundabout indicates Chapelizod! Why Chapelizod? Ballyfermot maybe. What do the NRA/Dublin Corporation be thinking at all?

Because thats the end destination?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Theyve been up quite a few months now.

Advertisement