Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stop the venting!!

• 16-07-2009 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭

Ok, the Learning to Drive forum is a great addition to boards and very well run, and I found it helpful to have a look through it when I was learning to drive myself.

On the days when it seemed I would never get the hang of it it was always nice to come here and see stories from other people on their learning to drive adventures!

However some things do annoy me. Mainly the problem of people who come here to vent if they don't pass the test and spout things ranging from abuse of driving instructors to conspiracy theories about the test/rsa/law etc.

1) The testers are not out to get anyone.
    2) Whether one passes or fails their test is not down to the tester, its down to the persons driving performance.
    3) Just because you think you deserved to pass doesn't mean you are going to. You are biased, the tester is not.
    4) The driving test is not a money making scheme.
    5) Abusing instructors after you have failed is pointless and will change nothing. The mods shouldn't keep having to replace naughty words with <snip>.
    6) It is not possible for any two tests to be the same. However, your driving ability/competence will always be measured by the same criteria regardless of circumstances.
    7) Waiting lists are long. We know, it is annoying. But there's nothing we can do about it, and its the same for everyone.
    8) There are no pass/fail quota's to be met.

I could add more but I think you get the idea. But I find it really hard to sympathize with people who come on here and refuse to accept that they didn't pass their test and point the finger of blame at everyone nut themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

you're an angry fellow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

RHunce wrote: »
    you're an angry fellow

Care to state why? Or have I just hit a nerve?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭YoungPayters

ur spot for most of these points, but the last one isnt right. The local driving instructor was fired because she passed too many people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement