Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone for using the internet

• 16-07-2009 1:16am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any phone advice..

Looking for a mobile (with a camera, preferably) which I can use for web-browsing. Google, e-mail, facebook, boards etc... I love flip phones but it's not essential as I think most are touch screen now anyways and I wouldn't mind a change.
    I'm currently a pre-pay 'top-up' customer with meteor and wouldn't like to change that but if it's a good phone I would change networks or go sim-free.
    Is internet usage very expensive though? If I try and use the (basic) facilities on my phone at the moment with meteor, it's nearly a euro just to google something.. :(

Any advice from the phone experts appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭click4444

LG Renoir I have this phone on 3 network pre pay I pay €10 a month and get €10 free for 12 months this phone has so much here is some of what the phone can do great stuff

8 megapixel camera
    E-mail (2cent when on GMAIL)
    Google
    GPS (cost 2cent got lost a few times:D)
    Video calling
    Radio
    Mobile TV
    and so much more I LOVE THIS PHONE

hope this helps

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks for the advice. :)
    This post has been deleted.
    What would 250mb be in 'I get confused by megabytes and gigabytes' terms? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Nokia N95 should also be decent enough for ya .... its not top of the range but its out long enough for you to pick one up relatively cheap.
    5mp camera, interweb, radio, GPS ...and it makes and receives calls/texts and e-mails.

or if you have a bit of money the iPhone - I havent been converted to it yet but others say its good - if they could only get a decent camera into it.

my only issue with N95 would be battery life.... I use my phone quite heavily (internet and calls/texts) and after about a year the battery only lasts about a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Posy wrote: »
    What would 250mb be in 'I get confused by megabytes and gigabytes' terms? :o

It would be about 2500 web pages, or watching about 4 hours of video.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

PCPhoto wrote: »
    my only issue with N95 would be battery life.... I use my phone quite heavily (internet and calls/texts) and after about a year the battery only lasts about a day.
    Cheers, I'll bear that in mind. ;)
    Davy wrote: »
    It would be about 2500 web pages, or watching about 4 hours of video.
    So googling and using facebook/boards every couple of days wouldn't use 250mb in a month then I assume.. I like that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Posy wrote: »
    So googling and using facebook/boards every couple of days wouldn't use 250mb in a month then I assume.. I like that. :)
    Definitely not. Especially if you download the Opera Mini browser and use that, since it compresses the data. I rarely go over 60MB in a month and I'm always on Boards on the mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

iPhone is your man. You can get the 3G for a ton now which is fine and it's by far the best internet phone out there by a mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

pontovic wrote: »
    iPhone is your man. You can get the 3G for a ton now which is fine and it's by far the best internet phone out there by a mile.
    Nah the Heros definately better :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

se xperia is a decent phone for web browsing,plenty of apps out there so you can check your facebook
    and you have push email as well on the phone which you can setup with gmail.

• Advertisement
Advertisement