Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navan Cinema's Description of Bruno

• 16-07-2009 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

This is fantastic stuff - The voiceover guy in Navan's Diamond cinema clearly doesn't approve of Sacha Baron Cohen's new film...

Careful now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

mink_man wrote: »
    no!

LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Hahaha "vile", "it will offend every prejudice", don't come complaining to us after saying how bad it was".. Thank you so much, I needed a good laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

As posted in the Films forum earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Hahaha "vile", "it will offend every prejudice", don't come complaining to us after saying how bad it was".. Thank you so much, I needed a good laugh.

Or really good advertising ploy??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

fair play to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

"Rabble rabble rabble rabble...one or two people have enjoyed it though"

Brilliant! Like something out of Father Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

That's brilliant.

We need this guy on TV3 - "After the break it's Xposure, viewers are advised from the start that this programme is utter drivel and may cause you to lose the will to live"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

"Rabble rabble rabble rabble...one or two people have enjoyed it though"

Brilliant! Like something out of Father Ted.

I actually thought of Ted and Dougal holding the "Down with this sort of thing/Careful now" signs when I heard it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

we need more people like him in advertising

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

The famous saying: The best thing to come out of Navan is the N3, still remains true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

consultech wrote: »
    I actually thought of Ted and Dougal holding the "Down with this sort of thing/Careful now" signs when I heard it.

"Ah sure I'll wander in" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

If anything I REALLY wanna see Bruno now!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I think the guy got so sick of complaints that he had to do that voice recording.

In fairness who would go to a Sasha Baron Cohen movie and the complain that you were offended after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Its a pretty bad film in all fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You can't buy press like that!

Complaints of how nasty and offensive a film is, on AH (the biggest forum on the biggest message-board site in Ireland), that there is guaranteed arses in seats around the country for the next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I'll go with ye son

Cianos wrote: »
    I'll go with ye son

:D

Ah I dont think SBC needs the press from a smalltown cinema! He's one of the big dogs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

that guy not from navan........he's a dub

"it will offend everyone" .......great marketing ploy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

fryup wrote: »
    that guy not from navan........he's a dub

"it will offend everyone" .......great marketing ploy

I don't like him. Moustaches are always the tool of someone with something to hide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

This is fantastic stuff - The voiceover guy in Navan's Diamond cinema clearly doesn't approve of Sacha Baron Cohen's new film...

Careful now!

to be fair it sounds more like he's trying to say

"look, you'll probably be offended, fuck off and stop whining to us, we did tell you"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I don't like him. Moustaches are always the tool of someone with something to hide.

who:confused: yer man from navan or Bruno??

fryup wrote: »
    who:confused: yer man from navan or Bruno??

Cinema dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Brilliant!! Fair play to him. The first film, Borat was quite vile as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

"It will offend every predjudice" That doesn't make any ****ing sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

DarkJager wrote: »
    "It will offend every predjudice" That doesn't make any ****ing sense!

He is from Navan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I love it, it put a smile on my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

To save money, just watch the 2 minute trailer for the film 50 times in a row. It's the same "jokes" over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

That guy on the phone rules !

He should do movie trailers instead of that cheesey american voice-over guy.

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote: »
    He is from Navan

Post reported for offending my prejudice. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

Morlar wrote: »
    That guy on the phone rules !

He should do movie trailers instead of that cheesey american voice-over guy.

Well, since voice cheesy voice over man is no longer with us, there's a job vacancy there. He should pack in this cinema running lark. He's clearly got a gift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

So that's what this is...I caught the audio on the very end of Huw Stepehns show on the radio last night and thought the channels had changed...it went from some welsh indie band to this guy talking about Bruno. It was over before I realised what it was, or why it was on a UK radio station...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Wertz wrote: »
    So that's what this is...I caught the audio on the very end of Huw Stepehns show on the radio last night and thought the channels had changed...it went from some welsh indie band to this guy talking about Bruno. It was over before I realised what it was, or why it was on a UK radio station...

It got posted onto a Guardian blog review of the movie yesterday so they might have picked it up from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

They played this on the Ray Darcy show, its brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I rang the number today . Its very funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Careful now!

I love Naaaaaavan! Navan people are the coolest, most sophisticated, urbane and cosmopolitan - Howaya! - people the good Lord has ever created. Legends, every last one of them. As they used to say in my day, they're feckin' 'mooooooon'. Right, scobey!

Yours,

the Horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Boyne Writer

The voiceover guy is Paul Egan of the Boyne Writers. He writes satire and reviews. You can email him on paulegan@ireland.com. He is a former broadcaster who was known to have a different take on life. He worked for LM FM, 98FM AND RTE Radio One a few years ago . Nowdays he is a pen pusher. He was on the winning team in the battle of the books at the Trim Swift Festival. He wrote in a humourous way about the selection of a new President for Ireland in 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

Haha! Deadly!!! Rang it now from work, we all had a laugh at it. Few people have said they want to see Bruno now after hearing it!

Don't know if I would bother though, couldn't stand Ali G either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

@Boyne Writer -> you should learn NOT TO SHOUT! And how to use punctuation properly. (It should be full stop after a word, not space full stop, or space full stop space full stop.)
    For a writer (as your name seems to indicate), I would have thought you would know this? (I'm not but found it annoying!)

Sorry for the off topic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Saw the film, it is very homophobic, how come the PC brigade has not gone mental? It offends everyone pretty much, fairly lame film tbh. Cohen needs a colonic as his gags are stale now.

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Cohen needs a colonic

For God's sake don't give him ideas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Saw the film, it is very homophobic, how come the PC brigade has not gone mental?

You weren't watching the same film i was then....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This was just on the radio. Not sure what station though, I was in a shop at the time.

They were talking to the guy that left the message and Boards & AH got mentioned a few times

This was just on the radio. Not sure what station though, I was in a shop at the time.

They were talking to the guy that left the message and Boards & AH got mentioned a few times

I'd say the cinema's switchboard was jammed today, wonder if the message is still there!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The message is still there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Thunderkill

brilliant! the vulgarity just makes bruno hilarious

bruno > borat

The message is still there!

If it hasnt been taken down after him talkin about it on the radio today then he's obviously chuffed with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

GOOD 1:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Ivona Tinkle

They are talking about this on FM104 now :D
    Peoples disgust on the movie is very amusing

• Advertisement
Advertisement