Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music you hate hate but now you love

Options
  • 16-07-2009 2:43am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, is there any music/artist/song you detested but have since changed your views on dramatically? Like metal/dance is dire, and now you can't get enough? Or is it a case that you hate some songs when you hear them but they grow on you a lot?

I remember this band years ago, where I absolutely detested them, hearing
    them coming from a friends room and telling her to turn that crap off. She said you will hate this for months and then love it, she was right. :s

Will think of others if I can. It's usually a case of hearing some song that sounds bad but grows on you a lot though. As for genres, well my taste becomes more eclectic each day, younger people seem more close minded when it comes to a genre they don't like. <Insert music genre> is shoite!
    Would have really disliked Snow Patrol/belle & sebastian type bands at a young age but love a lot of stuff from those kind of genres now. It''s more songs I like than genres I suppose. Still hard to like most rap though. :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Oh so many and probably more to come.

I hated any kind of chart pop when I was 18ish, but then 7 years working in a music shop beat that out of me pretty quickly. Westlife's 3rd album, Girls Aloud, Travis, Red Hot Chili Peppers, REM - hated them all but like a lot of their stuff now.

It did me a lot of good, because I will never again dismiss a pop single as being rubbish without giving it a proper go first and really the only mainstream pop/rock that I haven't been able to appreciate in the last few years is anything overly noveltyish that is really meant for 5 year olds.

I think Coldplay were the main culprit for me though. Suffered through 8 hour days of A Rush of Blood to the Head on constant rotation. Now I love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Most hip-hop.The genre rewards closer inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Gear9992

Heard this song so much in discos and in school that I started to like it, before when I heard it, it made me feel like killing someone

I know, I know, probally one of the worst songs ever, but I like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

Marilyn Manson. I was totally put off by his image and i used to hate him but now that i actually listened to his songs I found that i really like them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BasuGasu

I used to hate Bloc Party but now i can't stop listening to them since I stopped being ignorant and gave them a chance!ha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

used to hate the killers and coldplay with a passion but now i really like them
    also i was never open minded either in my younger days i only listened to heavy metal and grunge and things of that sort everything else was BS and not worth listening to but now i will listen to most nearly all music genres and i quite like pop and electronic stuff any thing with a decent beat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

BasuGasu wrote: »
    I used to hate Bloc Party but now i can't stop listening to them since I stopped being ignorant and gave them a chance!ha!

Wise decision

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nolanger wrote: »

But it's awesome!

I like maniac2000 :o

I like maniac2000 :o

so do i:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

so do i:o

hugs, now lets not tell anybody and run away in shame :(

hugs, now lets not tell anybody and run away in shame :(

let's go hehehe :D

Rock it rock it baby, rock it rock it more!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

take that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I used to hate dance years ago, I had a stereotypical view on it that its all tiesto chav ****e, but over the past 3-4 years ive got into electro dance and stuff like that, and really like it live also. heres some of the stuff:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭NiallMH

Enter Shikari , and going to see them in October .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 tyrocks00

Hated trance/techno/house music and now I'm obsessed. Damn my rave-addicted-friends getting me into this scene..

Advertisement