Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N97, set up, tips and tricks

• 16-07-2009 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

hi there, got my N97 yesterday and a little furstrated by the UI and finding my way around. This surprised me as I have N95 8gb and thought it would be a breeze changing over. However I am liking the phone more and wanted to start posting up some of the tips and tricks.

To remove the feedback on the screen
    main menu-settings-profile then personalise the profile you are using, -touchscreen vibration off.

on the keyboard pressing the blue shift twice gives you numbers once only a single number
    pressing the caps twice give you caps.

hopefully u guys have lots more tips

to speed up the phone I have removed all application that not needed, gave me another 10mb of ram.

Under themes-general-standard themes options-theme effects off, seems to speed the phone up a bit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

google calender sync.
    was using goosync on my N95 8gb and the free version was a bit limiting in how long you can sync.
    mail for exchange is loaded on the phone but can be hard to find. if you start the mail set up and just enter a made up email (afda@home.com) the phone will give you the option of exhange or imap/pop3, pick exchange. I think it is just nokia being too smart when you enter a real gmail address it assumes uu don't want mail for exchange. Can close out of that and open the mfe folder in applications.

Open the mail for exhange application and you have to enter some details
    the mail server is m.google.com.
    domain is blank
    email and password for gmail
    can only sync calender and contact, and have to define that contacts etc stay on the phone.
    works well for me however re occuring event will open sync for 4-5 years ahead and gives a error, normal calender event fine.

Trick
    swipe across the homepage will hide widgets, swipe again and they return.

Advertisement