Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question from a soccer Mom!

• 16-07-2009 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Folks/Mods

Apologies that this is completely off topic, but where does a person post a general question?? You have to be a member of the soccer thread to post there and I know nothing about soccer, but I need help.

I'm a mother of a 9 year old soccer fan who owns every Manchester United Shirt, however now I have to try to find a Real Madrid shirt with Ronaldo 9 on the back, but I can't find one in the shops anywhere.

Can anyone help? Have you seen them for sale somewhere or can you recommend a site where I can buy one (have been stung badly by KitBag already)?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice that can be offered.
    F

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

If you know someone going on a sun holiday to the Canaries or somewhere like that they might pick one up from one of the stalls. It won't be genuine but it would do a young fella for a few years anyway, and it will be for a quarter the price at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Shamrock Rovers were selling Madrid shirts a few weeks ago when they played them. Perhaps they might have a few left over.
    Pretty sure they could stick Ronaldo on the back for ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

have you tried saying 'no' ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Try the real madrid site or google la liga shop i think theres a site like that. Also try encourage him not to purchase this also!

EDIT: http://www.soccer-spain.com/ssshop/shopwindow.html

annnnnnnnnd

http://www.realmadridshop.com/stores/realmadrid/default.aspx?lid=1&portal=Z8RMTE9R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

They were 70 quid in the bernabeu last week - just to give you an idea on price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

lol, get him a FC Carlow jersey instead!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

And miss out on the chance of raising a perfectly normal modern kid?

are you mentals?:rolleyes:

dose of the "young dumb and living off mum" on BBC3 might make no a much easier word for some parents:eek:

*says he from his parents spare room, dam thee the economy"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

I'd say ebay be your best bet. Just be careful its not counterfit. If you use ebay regularly you probably be grand, or else get someone to help you who knows their way around ebay. Or you could buy the jersey in a sports shop and see if they'll do the printing on the back for you

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

Please stop calling yourself a soccer mom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Real's official
    needkit.com
    yoursoccershirts.com

I've seem Real Madrid kits - minus numbering - in Limerick.
    Please stop calling yourself a soccer mom!

Soccer milf? :pac:

Edit: Direct link to a Ronald 9 kit: http://www.needkit.com/goods-941-200910+Real+Madrid+Home+Football+Kit+with+RONALDO+9+Printing++Football+Shirt++Short++Maillot+de+Foot++Short.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

If he's a real United fan he wouldn't looking for a Real Madrid jersey. He's a Ronaldo fan, not a United fan!

But to answer your question, I think I saw a Real Jersey in Lifestyle Sports on Headford Rd in Galway and they do the names and numbers on the jersey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah, any sports shop should have these... and most do in shop printing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

use jomzajung.com very cheap shirts, if they are fake they are amazing fakes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

mars bar wrote: »
    If he's a real United fan ...

I'm sayin' nowt.

SectionF wrote: »
    I'm sayin' nowt.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

:confused:

you dont know SectionF posting history

Headshot wrote: »
    you dont know SectionF posting history

Ah right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Have you tried telling him to support his local club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

syngindub wrote: »
    Shamrock Rovers were selling Madrid shirts a few weeks ago when they played them. Perhaps they might have a few left over.
    Pretty sure they could stick Ronaldo on the back for ye

Shamrock Rovers didn't and don't sell Real Madrid jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Have you tried telling him to support his local club?

How do you know he doesn't?

Let the fooking kid wear whatever he wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

If you buy the jersey you can just go into Arnotts and get Ronaldo No 9 printed on the back. No-one will know the difference. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Rofl at people getting on high horses at a kid wanting to wear a Ballon D'Or winner and superstars jersey. Bet they were the same kids who had 'Johnny 9' on the back of their jerseys when growing up.

You could always buy directly from the official Real Madrid online shop?

http://www.realmadridshop.com/stores/realmadrid/products/product_details.aspx?pid=65873

That's a kids kit with Ronaldo 9.

I hope you appreciate that considering how unclean it felt going onto the enemies website.. :p:p It was all so white, like an insane person's padded cell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

If he's a real United fan he wouldn't looking for a Real Madrid jersey.

The kid's nine years old and his mum wants to find the jersey he's after,let me repeat the first bit again.

He's 9 years old let the kid wear what he wants.:rolleyes:

You shouldn't have any problem getting what you're looking for Frowzy from the suggestions posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

If he's a real United fan he wouldn't looking for a Real Madrid jersey. He's a Ronaldo fan, not a United fan!

He's 9 for christs sake :rolleyes:

Also it's not, nor will it ever be soccer. It's FOOTBALL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Anto McC wrote: »
    He's 9 for christs sake :rolleyes:

Also it's not, nor will it ever be soccer. It's FOOTBALL.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Points to name of forum.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Folks, the OP asked for help, not smart arse responses.

Kindly cut it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

http://www.thefootballshirt.com/productsdetail.php?item_id=500

Cheap, and he'll never tell the difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The OP asked me to post this on her behalf and that'll be the end of the thread -
    Frowzy wrote:
    I’m not, nor will I be requesting to be, a member of the soccer forum, therefore I have not been able to respond to each answer as it came in. I would however like to express gratitude to each and every person who posted a helpful response to the question asked. I did manage to get the jersey for my son. After a lot of phoning around I managed to locate a child sized shirt in a sports shop whom could also do the printing. It was 110 miles away from my home but I was happy to drive it and would do so again tomorrow. For those who think I shouldn’t have driven so far for it I’d like them to know that on that day I bought not 1 but 2 jerseys, one for each of my son’s. In addition I bought them both a full Manchester United kit which came out the same week. I can afford to buy them so I did......
    As I’ve already stated, I’m not a member and I can’t post here, therefore I can’t quote individual responses, but I would like to address some points raised:

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar: Have you tried saying no?
    No I haven’t, why would I? I can afford to buy my children what they want so I will and I make no excuses for that fact!

Trilla: lol, get him a Carlow FC jersey instead!!
    Perhaps if you read the original question you would’ve seen that I was looking for a Real Madrid jersey. However thank you for the intelligent, well thought out response!

elshambo: (I can’t be bothered to retype this drivel): Post #11
    I am hoping to raise a perfectly normal kid. It’s my hope that by encouraging him in his sporting and musical pursuits that I will raise a child that doesn’t take drugs, drink excessively, hang around on street corners or God forbid spend their time clocking up thousands of posts on online forums attempting to be ridiculous and condescending.

geurrp the yard: Please stop calling yourself a soccer mom!
    Why? Does it offend you? It doesn’t offend me. I will continue to call myself whatever I wish to be called, despite your attempt at humour. I am the typical Soccer Mom. I’m not in gainful employment, I drive a brand new 4 wheel drive, my children have all the new and up to date gear, and I take my child to see soccer matches when they want to go. I’ve taken them to Old Trafford and Wembly. More recently I took them to the Shamrock Rovers v Real Madrid match in Dublin. I’m a Soccer Mom, A Piano Mom, A Karate Mom and A Rugby Mom and I love being each and every one!

mars bar: If he’s a real United fan he wouldn’t be looking for a Real Madrid Jersey.
    Before you attempt sarcasm please read the OP. “I’m a mother of a 9 year old soccer fan”

Section F: I’m sayin nowt.
    What a pity you don’t practice what you preach and carry out this threat instead of paying lip service to it.

bUILDERtHEbOB: Have you tried telling him to support his local club?
    Why, he already plays U-10’s for our local club. Is he not allowed to support other teams as well?

To each and every self appointed smart ars3 who tried to give me parenting advice can I please point out that there is a separate Parenting forum where parenting advice is solicited and welcomed. If you are not interested in visiting this forum can I please remind you of some advice I’m sure you received from your own parents at some point:

If you have nothing helpful to say try saying nothing at all.

eZe^: To you I give Huge Thanks and Kudos... I appreciate that it was hard for you to go to “the enemies” website on my behalf. The only reason I didn’t buy direct from here was because I wanted him to have the jersey in time to wear to the Shamrock Rovers game.

dannydiamond: To you I also send Thanks! I couldn’t have expressed myself as well. He is only 9 years old and like every other child in the world he will, I’m sure, work his way through each and every team before deciding on one in particular. After the Shamrock Rovers v Real Madrid game we met some of the Shamrock Rovers Team, all of whom were extremely friendly and nice and signed his programme. Pavol Jurco even took his jersey from the game out of his kit bag, signed it and gave it to him. This he also wears with pride, despite it being adult sized. So I think I’m in danger of having to take a trip back to Tallaght to buy a Shamrock Rovers kit also!!!!

/fin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement