Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*SPOILERS* HBP movie...What did you think?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Yddil

A Neurotic wrote: »

The x's

Dumbledore gaying out. "You have a girlfriend, Harry?" "You've matured physically, Harry, haven't you?" etc

Thank God someone else saw this!!! Holy Moley!!!!! Was that really necessary?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I think you're right - she didn't think a joke shop was a suitable replacement for an education but she did reluctantly admit that they were making a lot of money.

Also, they seemed to have made the next movie difficult for themselves. As Harry didn't hide the Potions Book, he didn't see the
    tiara and therefore how can he know about the Horcrux that lies within Hogwarts?
    ?

Yeah I thought the exact same thing.

Also why attack the Burrow for no reason?

And Tonks should have found Harry on the train not Luna. She then casts a patronus which has four legs and leads harry to believe that she loved sirius but she infact loves Lupin which we discover at the end after Bill has been mauled by Greyback. Maybe this wasnt really important overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

they should done the proper funeral scene for dumbler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

After reading through this thread youve all pretty much got my gripes with this film between you. I do however have one more thing to add to the list.........SINCE WHEN can fernir greyback and other wizards(besides voldy) Fly..........i really didnt see why that was nessisary, and why they would even need to put that in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Patricide wrote: »
    After reading through this thread youve all pretty much got my gripes with this film between you. I do however have one more thing to add to the list.........SINCE WHEN can fernir greyback and other wizards(besides voldy) Fly..........i really didnt see why that was nessisary, and why they would even need to put that in there.

I can't remember much of the film at this stage (:pac:) but in what scene where they flying?

The very start, and how they got into the castle if i recall correctly. They go up into the air in plumes o smoke and fly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It seemed like they all suddenly appeared in the tower without any difficulty, no fight scenes before they got up there against the members of the order of the phoenix. Hagrid was trying to fight them off as well when they ran for the forest also.

Patricide wrote: »
    The very start, and how they got into the castle if i recall correctly. They go up into the air in plumes o smoke and fly...

Ah I see, I think in those cases it wasn't so much a case of flying but more a case of the director taking some liberties by showing the audience the Death Eaters moving between apparating and disapparating. So that you could "physically" see it, it was probably just an excuse for some special effects.

I'm guessing when we see Voldemort flying it will show him actually flying rather than as a plume of smoke.

Thats what i was thinking too, but still the way it was done annoyed the hell outta me. Dunno why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Are we even sure that the wedding will be in the seventh film? They have skipped all the stuff about Bill and Fleur so far, him being attacked by Greyback etc. They could have a bit of a celebration for Harry's 17th or something and have the confusion there? Although they'll need Shell Cottage later on so I dunno...

Are we even sure that the wedding will be in the seventh film? They have skipped all the stuff about Bill and Fleur so far, him being attacked by Greyback etc. They could have a bit of a celebration for Harry's 17th or something and have the confusion there? Although they'll need Shell Cottage later on so I dunno...

Yeah one of the frustrating things about these films has been the lack of development of Fleur/Bill and Tonks/Lupin because these relationships are important to the overall story.

They'll probably have the wedding and have Bill unscarred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

lupin and tonks are not all that important to the narrative

lupin and tonks are not all that important to the narrative

Their
    deaths
    were probably the most tragic thing to happen during the final fight at Hogwarts, especially since it mirrors what happened to Harry's parents. It's one of the big emotional and dramatic payoffs yet in the films Tonks has barely had a line of dialogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Their
    deaths
    were probably the most tragic thing to happen during the final fight at Hogwarts, especially since it mirrors what happened to Harry's parents. It's one of the big emotional and dramatic payoffs yet in the films Tonks has barely had a line of dialogue.

Their storyline can be wrapped up very quickly, in the next movie.
    Their
    deaths
    were tragic but all they need is to have
    a child
    , to make it as such, in the movie

Advertisement