Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap postage request?

Options
  • 16-07-2009 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi, I brought a motherboard of a person in England for a stonking price. Turned out to be broken >_>. Its an Asus board and according to their RMA it can take between 4-6 weeks to process an RMA. Bit long for me. :(

So I contacted the seller who is happy to take the item back.

Problem is that I looked on anposts website and its 31 fecking euros for just standard post.

wtf? It only cost £13 their end to send it here.

Does anyone know of a cheaper option?

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What weight is it? Id parcel it and actually go to the po and get a price there, light parcels usually arent that bad?

In my experience any of the courier firms as as expensive or dearer than an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think (please correct me as I am asking too!) that if you buy from a shop online and have to return it as it arrived damaged, then the shop has to cover the postage costs.

Sounds like it could be an ebay item so I am unsure about what happens then. I know I bought an item and never knew about the supposed post being paid, and never returned it, it is not past a year, I had forgotten and thought I would fix it myself or figure out what was wrong (it was a large bicycle pump, and would have cost a fortune to send back.)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Distance selling regulations apply to businesses only. If it was bought by auction on ebay though this is not the case.

Really depends if the seller is a registered business or not and then if it was sold on ebay that it was sold as a buy it now sale rather than auction format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Surely the motherboard doesn't weigh 3kg??

If you can get it under 2 kg send it as a packet for €10.75

max dimensions is 90cm combined length, width & depth with max of any one size 60cm.

other option is a gls parcelshop
    http://www.gls-group.eu/276-I-PORTAL-WEB/content/GLS/IE01/EN/5006_gls_ireland_parcel_shop_search.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

darc wrote: »
    Surely the motherboard doesn't weigh 3kg??
    With packing it probably would, most people underestimate the weight sufficient packaging will add.

• Advertisement
Advertisement