Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Live Vs Vodafone ISP Data Packages???

• 16-07-2009 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Just bought an N97 & have been informed by an iphone wielding friend that its prob in my best interest to change my data bundle from 500mb on Live for a tenner to the 1GB on isp for a tenner offer as alot of the apps etc wont work through Vodafone Live

Was just wondering if this was definitely true?
    Have only experienced a problem with Fring so far but havnt really explored many of the other apps that are pre-loaded, I do know Bloomberg just seemed to load up & hang on me the other day as if it couldnt access the net

Also is the speed the same on Isp as on Live or is there a difference?
    At the mo with the 3.5G logo up in the left hand corner my phone rockets along healthily enough on Live so was just wondering would I be at a disadvantage that way if I were to make the change?

Strange that they offer double the allowance on isp than on live for the same price....can anyone shed any light on as to why this is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

It's a no brainer. Go for the 1GB plan asap. It wont be activated until your next billing day

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Any difference in speeds etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Pulse8 wrote: »
    as alot of the apps etc wont work through Vodafone Live

Was just wondering if this was definitely true?

Yes, ports are blocked on the live apn, so certain apps wont work.

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Also is the speed the same on Isp as on Live or is there a difference?

It should be a little faster, i cant remember the exact specs. I know that the only connection that is not restricted is the 5gb plan.

One of the main differences with the live verus isp plans is the price when roaming. Live can be used abroad for the same price as at home, where isp is quite expensive.

Advertisement