Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How easy to create a walkthrough?

Options
  • 16-07-2009 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

I've received CAD plans for a house we're hoping to build, and I'd like to be able to create some sort of walkthrough to give herself a better idea of things. How hard is it to do? Or am I just better off getting a "professional" to do it.

I have got a google sketchup exterior model done (from the guy that did the plans), and that's very impressive. To get something similar in an internal view would be ideal.
    There's no software available where you can "drop in" the dimensioned CAD drawings, define heights, etc., and magically the whole thing appears?

I use Microstation everyday, but only as a basic worktool, and only in 2d.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A program where you drop in plans and defin heights is sketch up (and archicad). But you must define everything, cills, heads, ceilings etc, its not hard but will take a while.
    Sketch-up can also do simple walkthroughs vis the scenes option.

It wouldn't be hard to draw up some internals in the existing sketch up house. Esp for a microstation user

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭Soarer

Will give it a go in Sketchup so. God only knows what's gonna happen though! :o

Advertisement