Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dont bollick me please.

• 16-07-2009 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Ok, ok, work commitments have taken priority up to now, but now I am faced with dusting off the 600 diversion and getting it back on the road.

Its been sitting up for about TWO YEARS in my garage without being started or drained or anything.

I know its a cardinal sin, but hey, I am now going to bring it back into action. (either that or buy the 900 on donedeal.)

Anyone know what problems I can expect in doing this.

I figure the carbs will be choked, the fuel gone off and as for the oil.....

Or maybe I should just throw it in the van and drop it off at Ken Whelans off Mount St and let him worry about it.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Going on whats been said to others, Id say:

- drain the oil, flush the engine, put new oil in.

- drain the tank and put new petrol in.

-charge the battery.

- check the plugs.

- clean the carbs.

- give the bike a once over checking things like the chain, tires etc...

going on what others have said she should be fine then.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Also check the brake calipers arent seized, tyres arent perished.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Also check throttle & clutch cables, as well as the brake fluids. I'd expect all those to be in bad shape after two years of no usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

It depends what condition the bike was in when it was parked up and it depends what your garage is like. If it was in good nick and kept dry it shouldn't need much more than fresh oil and fuel. If you are a hands-on type of biker and know how to service it, oil cables, clean the chain and drain the fuel tank then start at the front and work back, otherwise make a short list and leave it in with a mechanic you trust.

'cptr

Advertisement