Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vauxhall Vectra or Ford Mondeo

• 16-07-2009 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a choice of a 07 VAUXHALL Vectra 1.9 CDTi Exclusiv (150BHP) or a 07 FORD Mondeo 2.0TDCi 115 LX.
    Both Diesels, pretty much the same cost and with 32000 mile on the clock(Importing from UK).

Which should I choose????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Apart from the Engine in the Vectra which one of the best, it has little else going for it.

I'd go with the Mondeo, although I'd try and get a 130bhp version and a higher spec than LX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Well the Vauxhall will be harder to shift afterwards but its more powerful and the engine is a good one too.

If it was me I'd try find a 130 brake Mondeo with a minimum of a Zetec Spec though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

if it was me and these where the only two choices... vectra each and every time.... that engine is a little cracker....
    its not as nice to drive as the mondeo... but the engine makes up for it...

now it would be interesteing if you where looking at a 130 mondeo with zetec or above spec.... that would be a different matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

How much does that Vectra cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

new or old shape mondeo?

The spec on both is fairly basic. I think cargiant had a Vectra Elite Hatch on recently for peanuts. If I was getting the Vectra it would have to have Design or Elite spec, Sri is nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

SRi has manual rear windows, that would be enough to put me off, nice looking car through.

Elite or Design is certainly the way to go. These cars are so cheap in the UK at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Shorty69664

Both cars are £5995 (Sterling)

The Mondeo is the old version.

Thanks for all the input guys. Kinda leaning towards the vectra but no decision yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Both cars are £5995 (Sterling)

The Mondeo is the old version.

Thanks for all the input guys. Kinda leaning towards the vectra but no decision yet

any links to the cars???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I'm keepin my eye out for a 150 cdti vectra too, had a drive of one a wee while back and it was a lovely drive. They are so much cheaper in the uk its unreal. Was in a garage in sligo yesterday and the cheapest they had was a bog standard 02 petrol for 8900E. For that kind of money in the uk you'd get an 06 full spec diesel with low milage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I have it from Vauxhall UK that the warranty is covered for 2yrs on a Vauxhall import

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

If you could put the engine from the Vectra into the Mondeo you'd have a decent car! I'd go Mondeo, but I'm no fan of that engine in it. Vectra has a decent engine, but the rest is sub-par for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

you should try get a Mondeo Ghia X 130bhp
    has leather and all the toys

Advertisement