Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legal Highs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

UTV Live covered Mephedrone use in Belfast and surrounding areas late last night. There have been 2 deaths attributed to Mephedrone in the North.

There was a chemist and various social workers on, commenting that Mephedrone had overtaken the use of 'Blues' and Cocaine in the area.

The chemist noted that Mephedrone was 'just a few clicks' away from Methamphetamine.

Cautionary and somber, rather than out and out hysteria. The use of alcohol mixed with the various 'legal highs' being a problem, along with young people accepting the 'legality' as some sort of nod to safety\safe to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Shulgin wrote: »
    A high dose of some of the synthetic cannabonoids, particularly JWH-018 can be quite trippy. I had a little bit too much "Skunk, a new breed of weed" one night from a vapouriser and it blew the head off me. I was in pretty uncomfortable state for 45mins or so.

If I hadn`t previous experience with mushrooms,lsd,2c-e, or even strong weed then I could have been very freaked out.

People go completely ott on this stuff just because its legal.
    It's still nothing like an acid trip though, so I reckon the mate who smoked the joint was having him on and bigging it up. That or he never took acid.

I agree, using these synthetics can get you very twisted, very dissociated and very paranoid, but nothing translates visually to the outside world and you wont be having any amazing insights - it's more head in hands, cement in the head 'awwmwreckedman' sort of a trip.

It's like these people who tell you salvia will make you trip 'like acid'. Umn ... what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 flynner08

i went into a headshop today just to try some of the 'legal highs' stuff. just got a tenner bag of 'king bbb'. we had a joint of it in stephens green park then got the luas home. this is no word of a lie and i may not be a frequent smoker of this or the illegal stuff but this **** was f**king mad stuff(in a good way,i tink). i have to admit and some may laugh bout this but it was quite trippy. everyting was all out of proportion, some things looked further away nd some wer alot closer. this was nothing like anyting ive tried before. i was really paranoid but still i must say i was amazingly whacked out of it from this and it must hav lasted a good hour if not more. overall for a tenner i tink this stuff is a success especially as theres enough for 5-6 joints out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

flynner08 wrote: »
    i went into a headshop today just to try some of the 'legal highs' stuff. just got a tenner bag of 'king bbb'. we had a joint of it in stephens green park then got the luas home. this is no word of a lie and i may not be a frequent smoker of this or the illegal stuff but this **** was f**king mad stuff(in a good way,i tink). i have to admit and some may laugh bout this but it was quite trippy. everyting was all out of proportion, some things looked further away nd some wer alot closer. this was nothing like anyting ive tried before. i was really paranoid but still i must say i was amazingly whacked out of it from this and it must hav lasted a good hour if not more. overall for a tenner i tink this stuff is a success especially as theres enough for 5-6 joints out of it.

Nice job

another satisfied customer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I don't know if it's been posted before but has anyone from Cork bought from Mad? Any recommendations on the smoke there? Intrigued about what it'll be like cause its legal and have heard so many mixed stories.

NoDice wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been posted before but has anyone from Cork bought from Mad? Any recommendations on the smoke there? Intrigued about what it'll be like cause its legal and have heard so many mixed stories.
    The stuff in Mad is a fiver more expensive than anywhere else. Go down to the new place next door to Domino's on Washington Street. Wider range and better prices. And they sell custom made bags for a tenner if you just want to give something a test ride.

Don't go for the one called 'Smoke' though. It contains industrial grade Oleamide, an irritant, and will rape the throat off you. Effect wise it's not the best either because once you smoke a joint or two, your tolerance goes almost completely up from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

The stuff in Mad is a fiver more expensive than anywhere else. Go down to the new place next door to Domino's on Washington Street. Wider range and better prices. And they sell custom made bags for a tenner if you just want to give something a test ride.

Don't go for the one called 'Smoke' though. It contains industrial grade Oleamide, an irritant, and will rape the throat off you. Effect wise it's not the best either because once you smoke a joint or two, your tolerance goes almost completely up from it.

Across from Costigans? Cheers man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

People go completely ott on this stuff just because its legal.

Yup. Just because it is not illegal doesn't meant it is safe to ingest. These effects are caused by poisoning the body, the very same way alcohol and tobacco do. Sticking a GHD up your ar5e and plugging it in is legal also, but you won't see people doing that because it's not safe.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Sticking a GHD up your ar5e and plugging it in is legal

rofl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Amalgam wrote: »
    UTV Live covered Mephedrone use in Belfast and surrounding areas late last night. There have been 2 deaths attributed to Mephedrone in the North.

link please?
    The chemist noted that Mephedrone was 'just a few clicks' away from Methamphetamine.

I aint no chemist but I bet you could pick that fact out with lots of other similar compounds also

just got a tenner bag of 'king bbb'. we had

hehehe its a strong one ;)

less is more with the King

Peglegged wrote: »
    link please?

I aint no chemist but I bet you could pick that fact out with lots of other similar compounds also

MDMA, for one.

It's even got the word 'methamphetamine' in it.

MDMA, for one.

so what :confused:

so what :confused:
    So MDMA is stupidly safe compared to methamphetamine, despite what one would guess to be a very simmilar chemical structure.

So MDMA is stupidly safe compared to methamphetamine, despite what one would guess to be a very simmilar chemical structure.

I never said anything about any certain compond being safe\unsafe, its just typical tabloid reporting to get some generic "chemist" to come out and deliver a "line" like that,

it is just like RTE ttring to find a resident to start complaing about a head shop after the fire Friday and all they could find some some auld lad to say there was a "rowdy element"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

This is the stuff i was talking about a few months back.Some guy in England was taking legal highs.Nearly died on it and now cant live without his mom injecting him with the drug that nearly killed him. With it he can die without it he can die they dont know how long he has left to live.I believe he was 19 when aired.

I never said anything about any certain compond being safe\unsafe
    I never said you did. I was merely attesting to your point that you can 'say the same about many different compounds too'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

caseyann wrote: »
    This is the stuff i was talking about a few months back.Some guy in England was taking legal highs.Nearly died on it and now cant live without his mom injecting him with the drug that nearly killed him. With it he can die without it he can die they dont know how long he has left to live.I believe he was 19 when aired.

He has to keep taking it or he'll die?

I really am going to have to insist on a link for this one. Sounds bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    He has to keep taking it or he'll die?

I really am going to have to insist on a link for this one. Sounds bizarre.
    Pace2008 wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/children_shealth/5614858/GBL-My-beautiful-daughter-took-a-natural-high-and-died.html

Well... iv neaver heard such rubbish in my life. GBL is a highly addictive drug and extreamly dangerous. My 21 year old son has been addicted to this substance for the past three years. Within these three years he has been ventilated three times and has had to fight for his life. The problem that he faces now is getting an NHS detox which is very difficult and could take over a year to organise as there is know known knowledge or experience with in the detox units within the hospitals on detoxing someone on GBL. However, my son has a drug councilor who has advised me to give him this drug "GBL" 4hrly day and night at a cost of �65 a foutnight. If they ban GBL I will have to buy this drug illegally and run the risk of being arressted, or my son will die a slow and painful death.Hospitals need to be educated on treating individuals who are taking this substance. If he was addicted to Heroin or Alcohol he would have been detoxed months ago, this to me is discrimination. Every day that goes past I run the risk of loosing my son to GBL, it is truely heart breaking to me.

Comment from the bottom of this story.

I couldnt find the show it was on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/children_shealth/5614858/GBL-My-beautiful-daughter-took-a-natural-high-and-died.html

Well... iv neaver heard such rubbish in my life. GBL is a highly addictive drug and extreamly dangerous. My 21 year old son has been addicted to this substance for the past three years. Within these three years he has been ventilated three times and has had to fight for his life. The problem that he faces now is getting an NHS detox which is very difficult and could take over a year to organise as there is know known knowledge or experience with in the detox units within the hospitals on detoxing someone on GBL. However, my son has a drug councilor who has advised me to give him this drug "GBL" 4hrly day and night at a cost of �65 a foutnight. If they ban GBL I will have to buy this drug illegally and run the risk of being arressted, or my son will die a slow and painful death.Hospitals need to be educated on treating individuals who are taking this substance. If he was addicted to Heroin or Alcohol he would have been detoxed months ago, this to me is discrimination. Every day that goes past I run the risk of loosing my son to GBL, it is truely heart breaking to me.

That's mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I can't find any info on why this drug would be so difficult to come off, or the addictive value of the drug. Frankly I don't believe the comment at the end, however, as a treatment professional I acknowledge that we are lacking good quality info about most of these drugs. Some drugs can be medically difficult to detox from and may need inpatient treatment; I would doubt whether her son would die if he didn't get his drug of choice.

I have found this so far, which after a quick scan goes against the above comment as to her son dying.

Addictiveness
    If used frequently it can cause physical dependency.[citation needed] Currently not much is known about GHB/GBL dependency syndrome. It can be characterized as “round the clock” use, where users may have to dose from as frequently as every forty minutes to an hour. This is because withdrawal symptoms can begin as quickly as 40 minutes from the last dose. There appears to be a temporal pattern of withdrawal symptoms which include extreme anxiety, sleeplessness, feeling shaky, confusion, nausea and vomiting. In addition further withdrawal symptoms may include auditory and visual hallucinations, delirium and psychosis. These symptoms can be mistaken for psychosis[clarification needed] as GHB/GBL can be difficult to detect in the system. Withdrawal from GHB/GBL is similar to withdrawal from severe alcohol dependency.

Withdrawal symptoms seem to increasingly begin quicker if GHB/GBL is used "round the clock" for an extended period of time, like several years.

Dangers from withdrawal symptoms: As with chronic alcohol addiction, withdrawal from GHB/GBL dependency should be done under medical supervision and preferably on an inpatient basis. It can be dangerous to suddenly stop taking GHB/GBL. In addition care should be taken when using GHB/GBL with other substances including alcohol as this could easily result in accidental overdose.

Withdrawal times: varies depending on a range of factors but is usually between 5–10 days. Some users who have taken GHB/GBL for several years reportedly feel withdrawal symptoms for up to six months after they stop taking it, although not as intense as the initial symptoms.

The recommended treatment; is to stabilise symptoms of anxiety and psychotic symptoms. High doses of diazepam are usually indicated to control psychotic agitation. Patients with GHB/GBL dependency have a high tolerance to the sedating effects of benzodiazepines and require large doses similar to those for alcohol dependency. Patients also require frequent monitoring of their symptoms.

Long term recovery: early reports are that recovery from dependant use is promising after detoxification, although this is an area which needs more research.

Clients with GHB/GBL dependency should contact a doctor for medical advice. Under no circumstances should excessive users stop dosing themselves until they've seen a doctor or medical professional.[citation needed]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Your source is an anonymous comment from a sensationalist online article on a conservative news site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

MDMA, for one.

I never said anything about any certain compond being safe\unsafe, its just typical tabloid reporting to get some generic "chemist" to come out and deliver a "line" like that

Methamphetamine and mephedrone are very closely related in structure (two structural modifications). MDMA is related not nearly as closely. A compounds molecular structure determines its activity (what it interacts with in the body and how it interacts).

So despite the skepticism, the link between mephedrone and methamphetamine made by that chemist is valid and not really going to be picked out with other similar compounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sf

DACUS wrote: »
    Hey, I just woke up after a few hours spent in Emergency Room of Jameson Hospital, last night..very deserved, in fact.
    This happened Saturday night cause I took two “legal-pills “ purchased from NIRVANA SHOP, it is called LIME SENSATIONS ( MINT MANIA ) anyway I understood that they are kind of egal-ecstasies.
    I searched the web, about unwanted’ side effects ‘and have not really found anything conclusive, so I thought to tell people what affect it had on my body.
    For the beginning I would like to remove the question of "Why did you get it’ for the deed that is already consumed, and YES, I know it would be very wrong to answer '" I took it because it's LEGAL ""..it is,anyway.,my discussions here are the effects, and finally the factors,
    I think the effects of a drug on the human body depend on the state's health and in my case I do not remember to have had bad health problems, I think I'm healthy enough and I do my best to keep it.
    The first pill (Lime Sensations) I took a Friday evening, I think 1st effect appeared after about 2 hours and 3 beers Corona. I can not say that I felt bad, we continued the party to end, a total of 7 beers Corona.
    We came home and after several discussions with friends I realized that I can not speak coherently at all and can not finish my sentence, forget what I say from the beginning, and confused
    Towards morning, after a half a glass of wine, I took the 2nd pill( Lime Sensations )
    I felt it after approx one hour. My friends left home, and then I start feeling the effects. First vomiting ,and then I had the impression that I’m close to make a heart attack and was in an advanced state of panic, heart palpitation just began. then standing in the living room my whole body started shaking out of control, I control at all for about 10 min. this really scared the hell out of me.
    After the intensity of shaking was calmer, then I sat on the sofa trembling, stand like a rock, but at the same time very paranoid, the next effects were: loss of concentration and short term memory, which still have left traces on my brain.

So, for the next seven hours I stood motionless with eyes just lost not able to do and think nothing, took me 2 hours to send a message to somebody. Then I came a little to reality and I decided I should move to the bedroom, I lay in bed and I continued to look blank for a half hour.
    What ended this state was when I tried to relax to get some sleep, my whole body started shaking out of control, and only then I realized what actually is happening to me. Anyway I was not not able to take a decision and didn’t now what to do,at all !!
    . So I called the Nirvana shop, and I explained the symptoms and, I asked them, what they think should I do? Their advice was "Relax, sleep and you'll be all ok! Not worry! Then they said that those pills ‘‘ARE NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION "".:)))))))
    So ,they do not really helped me, I could not stop shaking, I’ve searched ''Help Line “' on Google http://www.na-ireland.org/contact/helplines/, I called and talked to a lady who had the patience to listen my symptoms and give me some advice what to do next, checking me by phone every half an hour after. Thank you! You’ve been very helpful and I appreciated.
    I should mention that I was in a state where I no longer managed to speak loud, at all and take so long to speak a word.
    I am finally in the emergency room, of course, led by my friends! And after just 15 minutes I was taken in, and followed a few tests and analysis, I was held 5 hours there and then I was free to go home. Testes of blood and liver function came out ok.
    I still have small problems concentrating and speaking, I shake my hands sometimes, a reaction that I can not control, that to the delight of my friends, are amused by it.:)) I thank them for their help.
    It was not an experience I want to repeat ever!
    So, YOU think TWICE before you swallow something and always read the package very carefully, most important: to stay away from them!
    My conclusion is that this DRUG (Poisons), which is sold LEGAL, is extraordinarily powerful and they can do a big hole in your health and life, and most important they can brain damage u, even without an over dose.
    They are sold legal, only for the simple fact that they have a message printed on the back package (saying Not for Human Consumption)???? Have you ever seen the drawings on their packaging? Exactly, PEOPLE are drawn to it! no ?
    TO finish, I express my desire to stop these drugs (poisons) ever to be sold on the market.. But probably are already many who want the same thing. .. I'm sorry for delay; it seems that it took some time to convince myself.I am curious to know if anyone has ever sued these shops? If yes, for what reason and what was the sentence? PLEASE write me back if you have any information about it !
    THANK YOU to those who had the patience to read this, if it was someone!:)
    And THANK YOU to the nurse and the doctor from ER. !

HI THERE
    i took 3 lime fantasy tabs last night. great night very bad come down today .come down from hell in fact .whats the story with these i took 3 a few weeks ago and they were perfect.really lovely, no ****ty comedowns at all.today im in hell ,pounding heartbeat . feels like im going to have a heartattack .have not slept all day (it now 8pm)and i still feel like im of my head ..(abit).anyone any recommendations on how to end this nightmare.and which pills are good instead of these horrible things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

sf wrote: »
    HI THERE
    i took 3 lime fantasy tabs last night. great night very bad come down today .come down from hell in fact .whats the story with these i took 3 a few weeks ago and they were perfect.really lovely, no ****ty comedowns at all.today im in hell ,pounding heartbeat . feels like im going to have a heartattack .have not slept all day (it now 8pm)and i still feel like im of my head ..(abit).anyone any recommendations on how to end this nightmare.and which pills are good instead of these horrible things

Did you mix them with alcohol? What are the dosage instructions, did you dose to many at once?

Maybe they weren`t the same blend of chemicals as the last batch you got? They do change the 'recipe' on these things at times.

I can`t imagine quality control being great with a lot of these party pills either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

HI THERE

One would think if you were so worried by your drug usage, you would have gone to see a doctor first thing this morning, as opposed to coming online to After Hours on boards.ie and asking in a thread about Legal Highs.

Seriously, if you are worried, go to a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sf

Did you mix them with alcohol? What are the dosage instructions, did you dose to many at once?

Maybe they weren`t the same blend of chemicals as the last batch you got? They do change the 'recipe' on these things at times.

I can`t imagine quality control being great with a lot of these party pills either.

took 1 at 9 took the other at 10 and took the other at 2am and of course i had a few beers ,still though i shouldnt feel like this .this is a living nightmare

• Advertisement

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Your source is an anonymous comment from a sensationalist online article on a conservative news site?

I quoted something i actually saw on TV and was broadcast and the people in the program were checked to see if in fact was true.They had all their medical history as proof of fact that legal highs are overly dangerous.

I don't care take them and believe you are safe,they didn't know cigarettes and alcohol were bad for you years ago did they? :rolleyes:
    Just because sold in shop the warnings are not real :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

they didn't know cigarettes and alcohol were bad for you years ago did they? :rolleyes:
    Just because sold in shop the warnings are not real :P
    I believe there are warnings about alcohol in the Bible. Why do you think most religions are dead set against them? People have always known drugs have side effects.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I believe there are warnings about alcohol in the Bible. Why do you think most religions are dead set against them? People have always known drugs have side effects.

Thats because of inhibitions and losing all control,nothing to do with health.No warning on health was there then.There was no warning on smoking until (So when did we become aware that cigarette smoking was bad for us? It would seem to be on January 11, 1964, when Surgeon General Luther Terry issued a landmark concluding, for the first time, that smoking is a direct cause of lung cancer, heart disease, and [COLOR=#009900 !important][COLOR=#009900 !important]emphysema[/COLOR][/COLOR].)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Detanon

Has anyone tried a smoke xxx joint? I bought one a few days ago and just tried it last night and i didnt feel anything at all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Thats because of inhibitions and losing all control,nothing to do with health.No warning on health was there then.There was no warning on smoking until (So when did we become aware that cigarette smoking was bad for us? It would seem to be on January 11, 1964, when Surgeon General Luther Terry issued a landmark concluding, for the first time, that smoking is a direct cause of lung cancer, heart disease, and [COLOR=#009900 !important][COLOR=#009900 !important]emphysema[/COLOR][/COLOR].)
    The surgeon general didn't just pluck that thought out of thin air, it was obvious and he eventually made that ruling.

Do you honestly believe that over the course of a few thousand years of alcohol use nobody noticed that it had effects on the health of those that abused it? The fact is if it wasn't for the obvious health risks associated with drug use there'd be no reason at all not to do drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PostHack

Detanon wrote: »
    Has anyone tried a smoke xxx joint? I bought one a few days ago and just tried it last night and i didnt feel anything at all..

Not the ready roll joint, just the loose stuff.

It's not bad, although the first time I used too much and had to go to bed!

ScumLord wrote: »
    The surgeon general didn't just pluck that thought out of thin air, it was obvious and he eventually made that ruling.

Do you honestly believe that over the course of a few thousand years of alcohol use nobody noticed that it had effects on the health of those that abused it? The fact is if it wasn't for the obvious health risks associated with drug use there'd be no reason at all not to do drugs.

And do you honestly think that it will not take a certain amount of years of this stuff been available,and more people having same problems as that young man and woman before they will realise same about this?

Sure what about other medicines.We wont know for what they say 6-8 years to find out what the effect are.I am sure in years before there was proper medical knowledge of body they had no clue what drink was doing inside.
    And yet they still sell drink and cigarettes.Dont figure does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Detanon wrote: »
    I don't mean to sound like a smartass here but are you sure you actually inhaled the smoke? I've found a full joint of that gets me fairly blitzed; usually half, or even less, is enough if I'm just having a quiet toke before bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

And do you honestly think that it will not take a certain amount of years of this stuff been available,and more people having same problems as that young man and woman before they will realise same about this?

Sure what about other medicines.We wont know for what they say 6-8 years to find out what the effect are.I am sure in years before there was proper medical knowledge of body they had no clue what drink was doing inside.
    And yet they still sell drink and cigarettes.Dont figure does it?

It would have been obvious that alcohol was having a detrimental effect on the body. Look at any chronic alcoholic to see how. The lack of Vitamin B and cirrhosis plus a vast increase in cancer incidence occur from chronic alcohol abuse. However the social aspects outweighed the medical problems. Therefore it never fell out of favour. However, it's medical side effects would definitely have been noted. They are too obvious not too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

took 1 at 9 took the other at 10 and took the other at 2am and of course i had a few beers ,still though i shouldnt feel like this .this is a living nightmare

You're NOT supposed to drink alcohol with them. Why do people choose to ignore the instructions? Why does everyone think they're bullet proof until it goes wrong for them? It's so annoying to read these comments.

These are the very people & the reason everything will be banned or illegal. It's down to ignorance & gluttony. It must be an Irish thing.

Nobody seems to go out for a few pints in Ireland they just head out to get smashed. The same with legal or illegal drugs. Everyone takes what they can (especially if the drugs/drink are free) They get annihilated at any opportunity!

Most of these legal highs should be taken while with friends & in a controlled environment (A party etc) Not a pub or a night club etc.!!!!

You should drink plenty of water & NOT alcohol. This will make sure you don't put so much stress on your body & have a cleaner buzz!

On the other hand, just ignore what I've said & go to your nearest head shop, buy whatever pills you want, double drop them, make sure you wash them down with plenty of alcohol. Don't bother reading the instructions on the back as that's only for other people. Make sure you follow up with one or two pills every hour until you can't see properly & are completely incoherent. Enjoy you night & best of luck with the horrible come down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Hey, I just woke up after a few hours spent in Emergency Room of Jameson Hospital, last night..very deserved, in fact.
    This happened Saturday night cause I took two “legal-pills “ purchased from NIRVANA SHOP, it is called LIME SENSATIONS ( MINT MANIA ) anyway I understood that they are kind of egal-ecstasies.
    I searched the web, about unwanted’ side effects ‘and have not really found anything conclusive, so I thought to tell people what affect it had on my body.
    For the beginning I would like to remove the question of "Why did you get it’ for the deed that is already consumed, and YES, I know it would be very wrong to answer '" I took it because it's LEGAL ""..it is,anyway.,my discussions here are the effects, and finally the factors,
    I think the effects of a drug on the human body depend on the state's health and in my case I do not remember to have had bad health problems, I think I'm healthy enough and I do my best to keep it.
    The first pill (Lime Sensations) I took a Friday evening, I think 1st effect appeared after about 2 hours and 3 beers Corona. I can not say that I felt bad, we continued the party to end, a total of 7 beers Corona.
    We came home and after several discussions with friends I realized that I can not speak coherently at all and can not finish my sentence, forget what I say from the beginning, and confused
    Towards morning, after a half a glass of wine, I took the 2nd pill( Lime Sensations )
    I felt it after approx one hour. My friends left home, and then I start feeling the effects. First vomiting ,and then I had the impression that I’m close to make a heart attack and was in an advanced state of panic, heart palpitation just began. then standing in the living room my whole body started shaking out of control, I control at all for about 10 min. this really scared the hell out of me.
    After the intensity of shaking was calmer, then I sat on the sofa trembling, stand like a rock, but at the same time very paranoid, the next effects were: loss of concentration and short term memory, which still have left traces on my brain.

So, for the next seven hours I stood motionless with eyes just lost not able to do and think nothing, took me 2 hours to send a message to somebody. Then I came a little to reality and I decided I should move to the bedroom, I lay in bed and I continued to look blank for a half hour.
    What ended this state was when I tried to relax to get some sleep, my whole body started shaking out of control, and only then I realized what actually is happening to me. Anyway I was not not able to take a decision and didn’t now what to do,at all !!
    . So I called the Nirvana shop, and I explained the symptoms and, I asked them, what they think should I do? Their advice was "Relax, sleep and you'll be all ok! Not worry! Then they said that those pills ‘‘ARE NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION "".:)))))))
    So ,they do not really helped me, I could not stop shaking, I’ve searched ''Help Line “' on Google http://www.na-ireland.org/contact/helplines/, I called and talked to a lady who had the patience to listen my symptoms and give me some advice what to do next, checking me by phone every half an hour after. Thank you! You’ve been very helpful and I appreciated.
    I should mention that I was in a state where I no longer managed to speak loud, at all and take so long to speak a word.
    I am finally in the emergency room, of course, led by my friends! And after just 15 minutes I was taken in, and followed a few tests and analysis, I was held 5 hours there and then I was free to go home. Testes of blood and liver function came out ok.
    I still have small problems concentrating and speaking, I shake my hands sometimes, a reaction that I can not control, that to the delight of my friends, are amused by it.:)) I thank them for their help.
    It was not an experience I want to repeat ever!
    So, YOU think TWICE before you swallow something and always read the package very carefully, most important: to stay away from them!
    My conclusion is that this DRUG (Poisons), which is sold LEGAL, is extraordinarily powerful and they can do a big hole in your health and life, and most important they can brain damage u, even without an over dose.
    They are sold legal, only for the simple fact that they have a message printed on the back package (saying Not for Human Consumption)???? Have you ever seen the drawings on their packaging? Exactly, PEOPLE are drawn to it! no ?
    TO finish, I express my desire to stop these drugs (poisons) ever to be sold on the market.. But probably are already many who want the same thing. .. I'm sorry for delay; it seems that it took some time to convince myself.I am curious to know if anyone has ever sued these shops? If yes, for what reason and what was the sentence? PLEASE write me back if you have any information about it !
    THANK YOU to those who had the patience to read this, if it was someone!:)
    And THANK YOU to the nurse and the doctor from ER. !

Sounds like you have a few too many dodgy beers ;)

Were you still high when you wrote this? ;)
    Odysseus wrote: »
    I have found this so far, which after a quick scan goes against the above comment as to her son dying.

Addictiveness
    If used frequently it can cause physical dependency.[citation needed] Currently not much is known about GHB/GBL dependency syndrome. It can be characterized as “round the clock” use, where users may have to dose from as frequently as every forty minutes to an hour. This is because withdrawal symptoms can begin as quickly as 40 minutes from the last dose. There appears to be a temporal pattern of withdrawal symptoms which include extreme anxiety, sleeplessness, feeling shaky, confusion, nausea and vomiting. In addition further withdrawal symptoms may include auditory and visual hallucinations, delirium and psychosis. These symptoms can be mistaken for psychosis[clarification needed] as GHB/GBL can be difficult to detect in the system. Withdrawal from GHB/GBL is similar to withdrawal from severe alcohol dependency.

Withdrawal symptoms seem to increasingly begin quicker if GHB/GBL is used "round the clock" for an extended period of time, like several years.

Dangers from withdrawal symptoms: As with chronic alcohol addiction, withdrawal from GHB/GBL dependency should be done under medical supervision and preferably on an inpatient basis. It can be dangerous to suddenly stop taking GHB/GBL. In addition care should be taken when using GHB/GBL with other substances including alcohol as this could easily result in accidental overdose.

Withdrawal times: varies depending on a range of factors but is usually between 5–10 days. Some users who have taken GHB/GBL for several years reportedly feel withdrawal symptoms for up to six months after they stop taking it, although not as intense as the initial symptoms.

The recommended treatment; is to stabilise symptoms of anxiety and psychotic symptoms. High doses of diazepam are usually indicated to control psychotic agitation. Patients with GHB/GBL dependency have a high tolerance to the sedating effects of benzodiazepines and require large doses similar to those for alcohol dependency. Patients also require frequent monitoring of their symptoms.

Long term recovery: early reports are that recovery from dependant use is promising after detoxification, although this is an area which needs more research.

Clients with GHB/GBL dependency should contact a doctor for medical advice. Under no circumstances should excessive users stop dosing themselves until they've seen a doctor or medical professional.[citation needed]

Not sure what your point is, but quoting wiki is not a good thing. ;)

Not sure what your point is, but quoting wiki is not a good thing. ;)

Of course wiki is not the place to quote, but with these substances there is little else to work from. My point is I remember correctly, I was responding
    to a post that was claming that the particular substance was highly addictively, I have worked in stbstance treatment for the past 12 years, I never came accorss anything like that story that I was responding to, utter crap. It's too early in the morning to re-read the whole lot and I posted it a few weeks ago, so I will have to go from memory.

I know quite a bit about substance use, apart from working with addicts on a daliy basis, I also teach about addiction issues on quite a few courses. I had to resort to that bad place:) as I keep all my references in work. However, with these substances any addiction specialist will tell you, we just don't have enough info on them. I was responding to a post that was utter sh!te and smacked of "won't someone please think of the children".

I have been waiting the past few years to see problems with these substances, however, I haven't seen one person present with any significant problems associated with there use. Yet the media has been running amonk with horror stories about people taking them, them only problems I have seen so far, are with people who already have significant mental health issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 164 ✭✭yogy

. !

So you were obvious ****ed up by the time you got home and still decided to take more? That's just idiotic. It's people with no cop on like yourself who keep churning out these nightmare experiences which will mean these legal highs will soon be banned. It's the same as going out, drinking a bottle of vodka and then posting about how dangerous alcohol is because you got your stomach pumped..

I went out on friday night, bought a half gram of Wild Cat for 20e. Had a great night, drank like a fish thou, went back to to a house party. Home at 8am up at 2pm. Felt fresh as a daisy so I went down and bought another half a gram and watched the match in the Odeon while dipping into the Wild Cat to get me trough the day.

A fantastic night night was had by all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

As a matter of interest, was there any warning/info on the packet about how to use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

Originally Posted by sf

IDIOT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

On Frontline tonight lads. Should be fun.:D Hopefully the two side a listened to.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

hahahaha this rant from the chap with the paddy power docket is heroic.

Edit: "Dee banned dis drug "TCP" lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    On Frontline tonight lads. Should be fun.:D Hopefully the two side a listened to.:rolleyes:

Quite happy with the debate. Both sides were heard. I think the overall result was that headshops should to be regulated i.e. don't serve anybody under 18 or anybody intoxicated. These shops shouldn't be allowed to open to 4am.

I'm still undecided on this arguement. On one hand business is being taken away from aggressive criminals who lace these drugs with dangerous subtances such as rat poison. Once regulated the drug trade will be more controlled and the government can make a profit, thus putting money back into the economy. On the other hand, these substances sold in headshops are extemely powerful and I dont want to promote any substances that turns people into zoombies. There's no doubt that demand has sky rocketed lately. Headshops offer quick, cheap and easy alternatives to the illegal stuff. People who previously found it very hard to get there hands on drugs on such quick notice can just walk into these shops and buy them in a matter of seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

God I got so indignant at the Frontline tonight. Maybe I'll write a strongly worded letter to my local councillors and TDs, or rant on Facebook or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

As fair as I could have hoped it would be. Pat Kenny was progressive and open and allowed for balance. Brennan FF was frank very realistic about the situation and was a surprise for me. The bloke with the bookie docket was gas, summed it really.
    I think 'Regulation' came out on top.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement