Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legal Highs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Had some of this stuff before and I thought it was alright. Felt a bit more chillaxed and conveniently it only lasted 45 minutes or so. It's good for if you wanna just chill out for a while before doing something else.

Still dosen't beat the real stuff. If you wanted to get totally monged out with your mates off that stuff you'd have to smoke a lot of it and doing so would probably give you a throbbing headache and leave your mouth tasting like complete ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

While on the legal high thing I was just wondering what you guys think of the research chemicals on the Market at the minute. To be more specific the one that my friends are all enjoying mephedrone!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

zimmii wrote: »
    A guy at college used to always buy Buzz and Pulse almost everyday and we'd smoke it almost every night, usually Buzz. But I never got any 'hit' off it and just seemed like a waste of lung health. It seemed to work for other people but I don't know if they were just being placebic or actually buzzing off it :/

ANYWAY. A few weeks ago I smoked some Pulse with a few people and suddenly I got the feeling that my nose was running or bleeding so I wiped but nothing was there, then realized that I could hear blood squirting inside my head behind my nose and could feel all the blood gushing up from my neck and into my brain. Then suddenly my heart started FREAKING out and I started tremoring beyond control.. mind you this was freaking me out so I'd panic, but the fact that my heart was already skipping beats just made it worse.. I genuinely thought I was going to die :(

It took 2 or 3 hours of freaking out to even notice any effects subside, and since that night I've been getting horrible 'cold' head rushes and general random wooziness or my eyesight warping. I went to A&E a week later because this was seriously scaring me but they said nothing was wrong with me and sent me home, assuming I was going in making something up. I still get head rushes and wooziness every single damn day now thanks to that pointless little piece of crap I smoked.. say even, 4 drags?
    It was enough to make me quit smoking and I doubt I'll ever touch any narcotics again. FML :/
    Whatever about the persisting head rushes, possibly being stress related, I would imagine if you 'heard' blood squirting INSIDE your head it was probably all part of your head being in a world of it's own, and the thought sent your heart into a state of shock, which isn't rare, just your typical stoned panic attack.

Blood always squirts inside you. Everywhere. You don't usually 'hear' it.

As for the hash, I thought it was far too boot to the back of the head, like the rest of this muck. And it crumbled into a fine brown powder by the time I got home which looked eerily like what I would imagine junk to look like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gasolinehorsey

greyed wrote: »
    May have been mentioned, but "legal hash" as its called, a sort of yellowish crumply powdery stuff available in head shops is excellent. Extremely similar to weed, but no drowsies after. Slightly cheaper too, definete significant "buzz"... none of this spice gold crap.

i was in buying records the other day in a shop in mary mall and there was a big head shop beside it, i got talking to the guys and their job was basically to sit there all day rolling joints, they sell the legal smoke prerolled, i tried a few and its really good

a decent record store and head shop beside each other, i shall return :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 florio

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    While on the legal high thing I was just wondering what you guys think of the research chemicals on the Market at the minute. To be more specific the one that my friends are all enjoying mephedrone!

Mephedrone is just incredible. If there was ever a drug that blows the whole "ah sure if it's legal it must be crap" argument out of the water, this is your man. Educate yourself about it first, and take low doses originally as a few people experience vasoconstriction off it, but when you find your dose... wahey :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

This legal stuff is getting so good at reproducing the effect of cannabis, I recently tried this stuff called Ice Gold. I think it's new enough because I couldn't find anything on it online except a Facebook page, it's also only in Ireland I think.

Anywho, it's basically just soft mushy hash that smells and looks (except for the mushiness) like real hash, the only difference is that it's like smoking a massive bong of the strongest weed you've ever tried x2. One bong of this and I was in absolute fits of laughter, laughing at nothing and just being ridiculously baked :eek: I smoked in or around 4 times the amount in weed the day before and wasn't nearly half as stoned!

It really is mental, anywho who's into this stuff should try it out, I think it's €25 for a small enough bag but it's very strong. Also be careful with it because any more of it and I probably would have started freaking out :p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

zimmii wrote: »
    A guy at college used to always buy Buzz and Pulse almost everyday and we'd smoke it almost every night, usually Buzz. But I never got any 'hit' off it and just seemed like a waste of lung health. It seemed to work for other people but I don't know if they were just being placebic or actually buzzing off it :/

ANYWAY. A few weeks ago I smoked some Pulse with a few people and suddenly I got the feeling that my nose was running or bleeding so I wiped but nothing was there, then realized that I could hear blood squirting inside my head behind my nose and could feel all the blood gushing up from my neck and into my brain. Then suddenly my heart started FREAKING out and I started tremoring beyond control.. mind you this was freaking me out so I'd panic, but the fact that my heart was already skipping beats just made it worse.. I genuinely thought I was going to die :(

It took 2 or 3 hours of freaking out to even notice any effects subside, and since that night I've been getting horrible 'cold' head rushes and general random wooziness or my eyesight warping. I went to A&E a week later because this was seriously scaring me but they said nothing was wrong with me and sent me home, assuming I was going in making something up. I still get head rushes and wooziness every single damn day now thanks to that pointless little piece of crap I smoked.. say even, 4 drags?
    It was enough to make me quit smoking and I doubt I'll ever touch any narcotics again. FML :/
    That's just ignorant.
    You're ignorant.
    Legal highs are legal because they get you high and the big bad government only make them illegal because Harney is fat.

There's no way that legal highs made you freak out. It's all your fault and the government and the anti-drugs brigade. The drugs are fine. It's all your fault.

Some of you may be too stoned to realise, but that was sarcasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 florio

Terry wrote: »
    That's just ignorant.
    You're ignorant.
    Legal highs are legal because they get you high and the big bad government only make them illegal because Harney is fat.

There's no way that legal highs made you freak out. It's all your fault and the government and the anti-drugs brigade. The drugs are fine. It's all your fault.

What are you talking about? Nobody is saying that legalhighs don't need to be treated with respect andcaution and that they can't do harm, but we believe we're not children and can be responsible enough to use them safely. And don't use "legal highs" as a collective term when stating they do such and such a thing or have such and such an effect, the variety in strength, category and research knowlegdge from type to type is such that such statements make you look the ignorant one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭thatsa spicy

I hate **** who are vehement that certain drugs should be legalised. Get some proper interests, you self-indulgent, loud-mouthed, uninteresting twats. And quit being so anti-establishment and liberal, you'll all look back with embarrasment in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

I hate **** who are vehement that certain drugs should be legalised. Get some proper interests, you self-indulgent, loud-mouthed, uninteresting twats. And quit being so anti-establishment and liberal, you'll all look back with embarrasment in a few years.

obvious troll is obvious

also troll is in flame on mode

lock this thread please and let it die,it benefits no one.

except these kinds of sites-

www.smokedealer.org! LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Vertigo100 wrote: »

you can take on the world with mephedrone, it really is very very good stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I hate **** who are vehement that certain drugs should be legalised.
    I hate trolls
    Get some proper interests
    rather than posting in threads which obviously aren't your thing
    you self-indulgent, loud-mouthed, uninteresting twats
    described yourself there didnt you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

obvious troll is obvious

also troll is in flame on mode

lock this thread please and let it die,it benefits no one.

except these kinds of sites-

www.smokedealer.org! LMAO
    dmcg90 wrote: »
    I hate trolls

rather than posting in threads which obviously aren't your thing

described yourself there didnt you?

1. Report trolls.
    2. No back seat modding
    3. Quit trolling
    The three of you quit it - you are very lucky to escape without an infraction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

florio wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Nobody is saying that legalhighs don't need to be treated with respect andcaution and that they can't do harm, but we believe we're not children and can be responsible enough to use them safely. And don't use "legal highs" as a collective term when stating they do such and such a thing or have such and such an effect, the variety in strength, category and research knowlegdge from type to type is such that such statements make you look the ignorant one.

:rolleyes: Read the last line of Terrys' post again.

EDIT; Please disregard this post as it was a failure of comprehension on my behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Terry wrote: »
    That's just ignorant.
    You're ignorant.

What are you on about? No one suggested the drugs weren't to blame. Weed can induce panic attacks, so I'd imagine synthetic cannabinoids could easily do the same - personally, I'd be very wary of any unresearched chemicals, particularly with these headshop products where the ingredients aren't listed. Why do you seem to think that most drug users are naive, self-righteous twats?
    wudangclan wrote: »
    Read the last line of Terrys' post again.
    I think he got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Why do you seem to think that most drug users are naive, self-righteous twats?
    Sorry, that's probably my fault.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Sorry, that's probably my fault.

lol
    strongr wrote: »
    you can take on the world with mephedrone, it really is very very good stuff!

yes but tolerance rises quickly and watch your health mate,Im at it since January,awake for 5 days straight sometimes,I get slight convulsions when trying to sleep after a few days on it.

small doses and dont go tony montana on it like i have done

This legal stuff is getting so good at reproducing the effect of cannabis, I recently tried this stuff called Ice Gold. I think it's new enough because I couldn't find anything on it online except a Facebook page, it's also only in Ireland I think.

Anywho, it's basically just soft mushy hash that smells and looks (except for the mushiness) like real hash, the only difference is that it's like smoking a massive bong of the strongest weed you've ever tried x2. One bong of this and I was in absolute fits of laughter, laughing at nothing and just being ridiculously baked :eek: I smoked in or around 4 times the amount in weed the day before and wasn't nearly half as stoned!

It really is mental, anywho who's into this stuff should try it out, I think it's €25 for a small enough bag but it's very strong. Also be careful with it because any more of it and I probably would have started freaking out :p:p
    That's the stuff I tried, but to be honest it hits me so hard and fast that I find myself unable to enjoy it. As in ... like ... my surroundings were starting to pulsate a little bit.

It does your head in, man.

That's the stuff I tried, but to be honest it hits me so hard and fast that I find myself unable to enjoy it. As in ... like ... my surroundings were starting to pulsate a little bit.

try AK from the Amsterdam Shop in Rathmines (2 doors up from Dominos pizza),youl be pleasantly surprised at the taste/smell and also the more genuine effects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

yes but tolerance rises quickly and watch your health mate,Im at it since January,awake for 5 days straight sometimes,I get slight convulsions when trying to sleep after a few days on it.

small doses and dont go tony montana on it like i have done

:eek::confused::eek:

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    :eek::confused::eek:

have a mate on anti convulsants also the last while over it,he has lost most feeling between his knee and ankle in left leg too,though myself and him would have been overdoing it,there are circulation and nerve problems involved with Mephedrone use,google it.

nothing to do with contaminated batches either,it just happens.

Sorry to hear it. Meph is incredible but it's also very moreish and easy to binge on. I can imagine it's a fairly addictive compound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Pat Sheen

Here's a good story from The Business Post from last month http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2009/10/18/story44991.asp. In it Sasha Shulgin speaks about his upcoming and much anticipated Psychedelic Index book, John Huffman gives a slightly different take on JWH-018 from that reported elsewhere,including this thread, and Les King, formerly of the ACMD, recommends adding more catch-all clauses to the misuse of drugs act to control legal highs before they've been seen in the wild.

Sorry to hear it. Meph is incredible but it's also very moreish and easy to binge on, I can imagine it's a fairly addictive compound.

most definitely addictive in a way,still have a good go at it now and again,there are other interesting ones out there too though,milder,easier on the nose and less morish...lol mmmmmmmm...in the mood now lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Pat Sheen

Moreish excerpts:
    Dr Alexander Shulgin is a busy 83year-old. The psychopharmacologist and creator of more than 300 psychedelic compounds, including ecstasy (MDMA), is documenting his life’s work for a forthcoming book. ‘‘I love making new things, publishing the details to let other people do what they wish,” says Shulgin, speaking from his home near Berkeley in California.

‘‘You’ve heard of the Merck index? This is what I call the psychedelic index. It outlines all the drugs that are psychedelic, semi-psychoactive and those that are not psychedelic but could be illegal or poisonous. Everything is covered, the good and the bad.”

‘‘Every compound related to cannabis is different in one way or another -more bitter, more potent, longer-lasting effects - but everything that is new is different and a marvellous thing to explore,” he says. ‘‘Sure, the authorities are unhappy with the idea of my new book, but I don’t think it will be censored because there’s nothing fictional; it is all fact.”

http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2009/10/18/story44991.asp
    I was getting the feeling Sasha had ditched the project so its good to hear it's still on. Interested parties, read the entire article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I'm personally a big fan of Pulse. It's like... fabulous.

Myself and my mates do it the odd time. You should wait a week or two between each time you do it, or else the effect is lessened, at least that's the case for me. No horror stories or anything, definitely worth it if you want a good laugh.

Yeah I have gotten in to the habit of bonging it with mates every second weekend. Good laugh.

Smoke XXXX out now. Comparable to mild salvia doses by all accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Yeah I can see where you're coming from, it's really strong but not in the same way as strong weed :o

Unless there's actually salvia in it I can't imagine they're comparable, it's a completely inimitable substance.

• Advertisement

Unless there's actually salvia in it I can't imagine they're comparable, it's a completely inimitable substance.
    Bong a high dose and get back to me.

Of course it's not pharmacological the same as Salvia, but it has all the hallmarks of slipping into a Salvia coma. Pulsating surroundings, feeling of 'sinking in' to wherever your sitting, forgetting to actually breath or blink, bizarre racing thoughts, sense that a loss of grip on personality is just around the corner...

...I'm sure anybody who has smoked a strong Cannabinoid too much can confirm this for me. These thing's are not to be taken lightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I had Smoke XXX a while ago and didn't think much of it, it was strong alright, but not a very interesting high, you just sit there and do nothing, and then a while later remark that 'this **** actually does work'. As legal highs go I'd easily prefer Salvia, although I've a feeling a lot of the salvias they're selling have been treated chemically, as you get a different high from it depending on what shop you get it in. I'd take weed over either anyday, I consider them just a substitute during a drought really.

As for the legal coke, Blow, I havn't had it, but I've heard ridiculous stories about it, apparently the serious coke-heads are doing it now, because the coke on the streets in so ****, and that it's just as addictive: the junkies on the streets are injecting it like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Have been told by a very sheepish friend who's a very heavy smoker that a single joint of this made her think she was having a stroke with massive waves and pulsations being the last thing she remembered before she completely blacked out on her bedroom floor.

Now this woman would put the 'hip' in hippy and I've seen her put away 7-8g of weed or any of those legal highs in one sitting, so I've been urging caution on anyone I know in college who frequents headshops about it. I've zero interest in trying it so take this as 'caveat emptor' rather than gospel truth.

(Anyone who wants to get really messed up legally, get yourself a big chunk of cashel blue or stilton and horse it into you before you go to bed. Cue dreams that will have you shouting yourself awake in a puddle of your own sweat. I suggest a boycott of Sheridans immediately - won't somebody think of the children etc...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

As for the legal coke, Blow, I havn't had it, but I've heard ridiculous stories about it, apparently the serious coke-heads are doing it now, because the coke on the streets in so ****, and that it's just as addictive: the junkies on the streets are injecting it like.

Ye, I've heard weird stories about it. A lot of my mates who have tried it said it's comparable to MDMA, while friend of a friend type thing who sells Coke is actually buying Blow wholesale to cut his Coke for a better quality high and it's getting him a lot more customers. I have heard it's easy to make into an injectable solution, most people I know who like it mix it with a drink instead of snorting it.

I'd be really interested to know what's actually in it and the effects of it on various body systems compared to Coke / MDMA.

RMD wrote: »
    Ye, I've heard weird stories about it. A lot of my mates who have tried it said it's comparable to MDMA, while friend of a friend type thing who sells Coke is actually buying Blow wholesale to cut his Coke for a better quality high and it's getting him a lot more customers. I have heard it's easy to make into an injectable solution, most people I know who like it mix it with a drink instead of snorting it.

I'd be really interested to know what's actually in it and the effects of it on various body systems compared to Coke / MDMA.

I've yet to do it, but everyone says it's like the euphroric high you get with MDMA, mixed with speed, and apparently not much of the agro thing you get with coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Has anyone tried the new resin, Ice Gold? It brings me back to the soap-bar days.

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the new resin, Ice Gold? It brings me back to the soap-bar days.

I don't really see the point of legal weed, seeing as actual weed is just as easy to get, and a lot cheaper. Legal E and Coke make more sense, seeing as it's bad quality, expensive and hard to get on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liamk

I smoke pulse the odd time and found it to be one of the best. always prefered it to smoke xxx however i bought the new formula whacked from a shop in dun laoghaire and it is by far the strongest longest lasting out of anything i have tried including that herb stuff that is very similar to the real thing but doesn't last any length. it lasts a good length but most importantly it doesnt just give you that legal high head buzz it leaves you properly stoned and giggly... highly recommended by all accounts!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

The "Snow" stuff is pretty good, just gets you chatty/alert for about 20 mins or 30 mins. And a bag of it lasts a few people a whole night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I don't really see the point of legal weed, seeing as actual weed is just as easy to get, and a lot cheaper. Legal E and Coke make more sense, seeing as it's bad quality, expensive and hard to get on the street.

Its not cheaper than legal weed, and to be honest, half of the "illegal" **** around at the moment doesn't have half the strength of the legal smoke. Try "Sky High" and see if it changes your opinion of legal smokes, its easily the best on the market right now.
    BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    The "Snow" stuff is pretty good, just gets you chatty/alert for about 20 mins or 30 mins. And a bag of it lasts a few people a whole night.

Charge is what you're looking for if you want the authentic experience. Snow and Blow have something in them that just burns and burns:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

burns your nose you mean? That's true. What is charge? is it powder or pills?

DarkJager wrote: »
    Charge is what you're looking for if you want the authentic experience.
    It's not even close, it's much more like sticking a hand full of ephedrine up your nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

has anyone seen the effects this legal crazy sh*t has on ppl !! i was only told a story abt it today and then shown vids on youtube :eek: im shocked to the core that this stuff is legal , has anyone had an experience wit this stuff salvia ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

If you are going to experiment with that stuff make sure someone is with you that isn't smoking.
    I can only describe my own experience as being very bizzare.
    I had a certain amount of control over my body but not fully.
    I kept wandering around and touching the windows, my body felt so light.
    My other two friends just passed out.

I wouldnt recommend it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

i would normally in the company of fellow drunk people give most things a try "legal of course" but after seein the video of that on youtube i can honestly say im officially past it ! wayyy too scary lookin :eek: gas tho lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

been covered a million times but each to their own and all that.

personally wouldnt do salvia, was in the states where people are mad for doing it and its crazy (and somewhat hilarious) at the effect it has on people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭esskay

IMO if someone walks in to a shop to purchase a legal high without even taking the time to google what they are about to take, they could get quite a shock, and deservedly so. Some of the stuff can be potent, some is muck, either way I wouldn't take anything without doing at least a minimal amount of research.

I think the problem is people not being the least bit responsible for their actions. You, with a small amount of searching found information to make you wary of salvia, and rightly so. To someone unfamiliar with it's effects it could be a very unpleasant experience. To a more "experienced" or a more prepared person it could be an absolutely wonderful experience.

We can't go about criminalizing everything that gives you a high. Nature has supplied myriad ways to get a buzz and lots of medicinal drugs to keep us healthy, imo they are there for a reason :D

Even something like nugmeg can be turned in to a psychedelic, should this be banned?

Esskay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

It's crazy stuff, pretty unpleasant too. It's not really a drug that you'd even want to do that often. I have some videos of friends on it and they're hilarious, one guy pisses himself.

It's not that bad though, it's over within 5 minutes and is worth the experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's crazy stuff, pretty unpleasant too. It's not really a drug that you'd even want to do that often. I have some videos of friends on it and they're hilarious, one guy pisses himself.

It's not that bad though, it's over within 5 minutes and is worth the experience.

I think I'd rather no experience than to piss myself!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement