Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yeah Yeah Yeah's belfast gig

Options
  • 16-07-2009 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are playing st. geogre's market on wed 26th aug
    anybody going?
    id love to go, i would actually kill to go to this gig. but my mates arent into them.
    any ideas? :(:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yip. Go on your own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭digital pimp

is it ok to go to a concer ton your own? lol
    i mite have too :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Of course its not ok, if the yeah yeah yeahs catch you, they'll stop playing, and wait until you leave before starting again....

Of course its ok! I go to gigs all the time on my own (yes even in letterkenny...the horror of it!!)
    Go and have "the craic"

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭meenmore

I'm in EXACTLY the same position. I asked a few mates about it, and some were still interested in heading up until the last minute, all citing 'lack of funds'.

I've a mate or few from Dublin heading to it, but it'd still mean me travelling from Letterkenny to Derry to Belfast on my own, going to the gig, perchance some drinks after, and heading back on my own again the next day. That's the only thing putting me off, the fact that, although I'll probably end up meeting those Dubs, I'll still be a party of one. I haven't gotten to many gigs this year at all, and I wouldn't mind to at least one, seeing as hotels are so cheap, and the one I have my eye on is only up the street from St George's Market.

First off, are ye still going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭digital pimp

Not as of yet no lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭meenmore

Well, I'm still undecided myself.
    I'm only half an hour from Letterkenny, Fintown to be exact.
    I don't mind getting a few buses to get there and back. I'd just rather have an accomplice.

Where are you 'stationed'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Go on your own!

If your really really into their music then it shouldn't bother you.

I've got different tastes to many of my friends and gone to things on my own.

Its good, you've got no one to worry about but yourself!

if your worried about your friends thinking your lame then just tell them your meeting some one there or something. Little white lies never hurt anyone! i've grown out of that little white lie now, i actually find i get much respect from people for going on my own.

Advertisement