Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

caught out on email

Options
  • 16-07-2009 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭

i work with a girl whos polish and her fella works here too, she sent me an email in polish meant for him and realised what she had done and told me to ignore it, out of curiosity i got it translated and it was really really bitchy (about me) and now shes being overly nice to me now, should i let her know that i know what that email meant, moral of the story, dont make friends in work!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Id keep my mouth shut and act like nothing happened, then when she steps out of line or something you have ammunition with the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

How harshly was she bitching about you? She knows that once you received it you would find exactly what it said, so she knows that you know... Depending what her problems are with you, I'd do nothing, fix whatever her problem is, or report it to a higher up if its particularly nasty. If you confront her and ask her about it she will probably say "Oh I'm so sorry you received that , I didn't mean it etc etc"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Don't say a thing to her and send the email to HR. I'm sure they'll have words with her about it.

I detest this office bitching shoite :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

teresa2008 wrote: »
    i work with a girl whos polish and her fella works here too, she sent me an email in polish meant for him and realised what she had done and told me to ignore it, out of curiosity i got it translated and it was really really bitchy (about me) and now shes being overly nice to me now, should i let her know that i know what that email meant, moral of the story, dont make friends in work!

Save the email

Sh1t will hit the fan later so keep it if you want to get her kicked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

I agree, she sounds like a asshole. Dont bother with her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

If its particularly nasty, and also in a foreign language to disguise it, then thats more than likely a sackable offence. Forward the email to HR and let them deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

she was calling me a fat b itch and she hopes i lose my job, shes all over me like a rash now and wants to know if im ok coz i look angry, one word springs to mind, RUINED!!! seriously, she used to be really nice and then shes sends me this, i want to rip her head off but im liking letting her stew, im only giving her one word answers, im actually smiling her to myself coz i know shes freaking out, like this is the same girl that wanted me to go out with her last weekend, how two faced is that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

she was calling me a fat b itch and she hopes i lose my job, shes all over me like a rash now and wants to know if im ok coz i look angry, one word springs to mind, RUINED!!! seriously, she used to be really nice and then shes sends me this, i want to rip her head off but im liking letting her stew, im only giving her one word answers, im actually smiling her to myself coz i know shes freaking out, like this is the same girl that wanted me to go out with her last weekend, how two faced is that?!

Out with her. Send it to HR.

ah im going to let her stew, we dont have a hr dept, its just our boss, what annoys me is how nice she is to my face and then calls me names, and im not even fat!!!!!! i find alot of girls in work like that in general, its so nasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Are you sure your translation was correct and you were actually the one being spoken about?

• Advertisement

translation was correct, my friend is polish and translated it for me, there was stuff in the email i told her and told her to keep quiet but it was all in there, she calls me a horrible name in it too, im just shocked, she knows somethings up, can i just say to her if she asks me something "if its work related then ask" or is that just playing into her hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gudbuzz

send her an email 'as gaeilge' describing exactly what a two faced cow you think she is and pretend it was for some one else. tell her to ignore it, but also send a link at the bottom of the email to help her translate it. other than that i wouldnt even bring it up! u will have had a full blown argument in different languages without ever having had to confront her or either acknowledge what was said. ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OP, you sound like an office bitch yourself.

First off, why did you translate the email when you knew it was meant for her husband? Thats a pretty sneaky thing to do.

Then you give out about her bitching to her husband about you, while at the same time your bitching about her on an internet forum, and coming up with ways of 'letting her stew' more effectively.

Cop yourself on and get back to work.

fantastic!!! i wouldnt even waste my time doing that tho, shes unreal!!! she was so nice at the start, i wonder how long shes being doing it, and i used to give her fruit and lifts places, well thats all going to stop, i find alot of girls like this and i only have a handful of friends, does anyone else find this in the work place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

translation was correct, my friend is polish and translated it for me, there was stuff in the email i told her and told her to keep quiet but it was all in there, she calls me a horrible name in it too, im just shocked, she knows somethings up, can i just say to her if she asks me something "if its work related then ask" or is that just playing into her hands?

Don't bother I say, keep it at one word answers and she'll know you got it translated. Total head melter for her but she deserves no less!

its ridiculous, she keeps looking over at me and sighing trying to get my attention, im just refusing to acknowledge her, i just cant get over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

fantastic!!! i wouldnt even waste my time doing that tho, shes unreal!!! she was so nice at the start, i wonder how long shes being doing it, and i used to give her fruit and lifts places, well thats all going to stop, i find alot of girls like this and i only have a handful of friends, does anyone else find this in the work place

No wonder you only have a handful of friends if you go around reading emails destined for other people.

ah no i wouldnt actually be bothered doing that myself was only messing really.. seriously u should probably have a quiet word with her about it sometime at the end of the day tell her you know what she said and that you found it quite insulting and that you'd rather leave the chit chat small talk out in future but keep things civil as u have to work with her. wouldnt make a huge deal about it she is only a colleaugue and was never really a 'real' friend... count yourself lucky that theres a bit of drama going on! i work with the village people and am so bored every day in work cos theres no one to talk too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

TBH, stay polite to her, but thats all - don't go out of your way for her. Keep your relationship business like & don't engage on a personal level.

Don't mention the email, but keep a copy in case anything occurs in the future - then produce it & claim that she has been leading a bullying campaign agianst you for a long period of time...

syklops wrote: »
    No wonder you only have a handful of friends if you go around reading emails destined for other people.

oh come on! who wouldnt. i dont care if that makes me nosy, thats the way i am and most people are. seriously if had been read on the other girls sent box then that is really bad form but she read it on her own inbox so fair game really...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

its ridiculous, she keeps looking over at me and sighing trying to get my attention, im just refusing to acknowledge her, i just cant get over it

Stop posting on boards at work or you'll be in trouble just as she is, she'll have leverage against you too.

and how is that? explain please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Be very careful with emails. They stand as evidence in court etc. so don't do what anyone suggested about retaliation, even though they meant it in jest. Remain professional and if you don't wish to speak to her, don't. But I would confront my Manager with it, print it out and keep a copy and delete your internet history as well. Explain that you feel it is harrasment and that you are upset and traumatised if you feel that strongly about it, it is, after all a personal attack.

Stupid cow. I worked with someone like that, used to tell me that all the girls in the office were fat or ugly, except me and one other girl and that was meant to be a compliment, taken as a nice thing to say. Obsessed with herself and a complete pain in the nads, but then, I never became friends with her, because I thought she was a twat...be more selective in future! Good luck, try stay as professional as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

What I would personally do (being an adult and all) is go to your boss (without her knowing) explain to him what happened. Tell him that you don't particularly want anything done to her - but you just want him to be aware of it in case the situation gets any worse (as they say for bullying and the likes - you have to keep a note of things). Then walk up to her and tell her that you had the email translated, you know what she has said and that you would appreciate it if she kept any contact with you to a minimum. Rise above it.. we left school a long time ago. Don't drag yourself to her level by doing anything petty. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

trustno1 wrote: »
    What I would personally do (being an adult and all) is go to your boss (without her knowing) explain to him what happened. Tell him that you don't particularly want anything done to her - but you just want him to be aware of it in case the situation gets any worse (as they say for bullying and the likes - you have to keep a note of things). Then walk up to her and tell her that you had the email translated, you know what she has said and that you would appreciate it if she kept any contact with you to a minimum. Rise above it.. we left school a long time ago. Don't drag yourself to her level by doing anything petty. ;)

I have done something similar in the past - asked for it not to go any further, that I just wanted to register the fact... I ended up being scrutinised by 3 senior members of staff - was seen as a trouble maker & the other employee was seen as a victim because I had raised the issue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I have done something similar in the past - asked for it not to go any further, that I just wanted to register the fact... I ended up being scrutinised by 3 senior members of staff - was seen as a trouble maker & the other employee was seen as a victim because I had raised the issue...

The exact same thing happend to me (in that I too was seen as a trouble maker etc).. but in the end more complaints started to roll in about this person and I was glad that I had dealt with the problem professionally. Most HR departments hate this sort of stuff and generally try bully tactics themselves to stamp out the headache of compliants against members of staff. But she does have an email with nasty content which is her proof which is more than I had.

shes not worth the effort of complaining, were all adults but she has shown her true colours and ive lost any respect that i had for her so she can get lost if she ever wants anything again from me, im past all the trivial bitchi ng, im just going to rise above it, she isnt worth anything, just looked at her there and she looks really worried, haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

herya wrote: »
    and how is that? explain please

You are posting on the internet during your working hours and from what you write she can see it. You try to complain about her, she tells them you've just spent an hour discussing it on boards. Who gets bollocking? You both equally.

• Advertisement

she cant see what im writing, i havent mentioned names either, i was just annoyed that she would say such horrible things behing my back and tell me how well i look today, how spineless is she

Advertisement