Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa League (inc Pats and Derry)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,461 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

* Europa League

:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Whats the Europe League?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Best of luck to Pat's and Derry tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Would it really be much hassle for an irish channel to broadcast these matches? Even Tv3 or TG4? I reckon thered be a lot more interest in these than Loi matches

Would it really be much hassle for an irish channel to broadcast these matches? Even Tv3 or TG4? I reckon thered be a lot more interest in these than Loi matches
    They have no money.

• Advertisement

would it cost much more than loi? not trying to stir shít, just genuinely curious :p

They have money for minor hurling. They have money to duplicate EPL.

SectionF wrote: »
    They have money for minor hurling. They have money to duplicate EPL.
    They pull in large audiences, these probably won't.

Surely european qualifiers would generate larger audiences than loi matches?

CHD wrote: »
    They pull in large audiences

You don't say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

RTE are filming our game, its live on Maltese tv.

Jordi Cruyff is playing for them................./Swooon :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Good luck.

Especially to Derry who should completely exhaust push themselves in pursuit of a win.

Never knew he was still playing :p If i remember correctly check wikipedia hes there assistant manager?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    RTE are filming our game, its live on Maltese tv.

They are seriously going to the trouble of filming the game but refusing to show it? How crazy is that? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I reckon Pats and Derry will get through. Good luck to them anyway. Bohs set the standard last night and i hope Derry and Pats can continue that.

cant even see any highlights scheduled for tonight so it must be for the news or next weeks mns?

They are seriously going to the trouble of filming the game but refusing to show it? How crazy is that? :confused:

Goona love this so, RTE are showing it in Malta for Maltese tv :confused:

So you can watch it here http://www.tvchannelsfree.com/channels/86/Malta

dunno which station it is yet.

You don't say.
    I do. Of course there not going to show this when very few people will be interested. Get over it.

I would prefer if its shown though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

CHD wrote: »
    I do. Of course there not going to show this when very few people will be interested. Get over it.

I would prefer if its shown though.

So much for being a Public Service Broadcaster really

I think you'd get a decent number of people watching it to be honest

Theres lots of football fans out there who might not support a LoI team but would like to see Irish teams do well in Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

sugarman wrote: »
    Skonto Riga (1) Vs Derry (1) , Not sure if it is FT Score? Site's abit muck.

Great see the lads doin well tho,

What time is KO for the Pats game does anyone know?

That was a full-time score.

Pats kicked off at 19:45, 1-0 up at half time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Fair play to all the Derry players, staff and fans who made the trip.

Great result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Get in there Derry, the game was played in very bad conditions could have been called off.

Good to see all the LOI teams doing well in Europe just look at how badley the Irish League teams are doing.

Remember the draws are tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Get in there Derry, the game was played in very bad conditions could have been called off.

Good to see all the LOI teams doing well in Europe just look at how badley the Irish League teams are doing.

Remember the draws are tomorrow

Atletico Madrid please....That would be an actual meaningful match against a team from Madrid :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well done to both Pats and Derry, both getting respectful results.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

We should have won that match, if we play like that away we out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So disappointed with Pat's tonight. It's typical, we played really well in the first half, deserved our lead at half time. Then in the second, when you want them to push on and get a second, they go missing and it's the other team that start playing.

Valetta are a nothing team, we just made them look decent. The thing about Pat's though is that we have been picking up better results away from home this season so it's not over yet. Hopefully we'll have the likes of Jason Gavin and Damien Lynch for the second leg. The heat could well be a factor over there.

Well done to Derry, great result for them. Hopefully they can finish the job off next week. Same goes for Bohs. If i don't make it to Malta, then i'm gonna head on down to Dalymount. Should be really interesting!!!

Jason Gavin wont play in a game that rules him out of a future move, hence his absence in cup and uefa. Dont see us beating them as long as kenna plays what looks good on paper rather than what played well in previous games.

Quigley is booked to travel so a small ray of hope.

Jason Gavin wont play in a game that rules him out of a future move, hence his absence in cup and uefa. Dont see us beating them as long as kenna plays what looks good on paper rather than what played well in previous games.

Quigley is booked to travel so a small ray of hope.

Yeah, i didn't even think about that actually. Is there anyone in for him, any rumours or is he just keeping his options open in general?

Also, i don't mean to be bad about the bloke cos he's had his problems recently, but how bad is Glen FitzPatrick? I turned around to a friend and told him this bloke is really sh!te. First thing he does literally is give the ball away and they go up field and nearly score.

At least O' Brien broke his duck on his debut. I would have put money on him getting the first except i thought he was signed too late to play this round!

What score did it finish? I got pissed off listening to the commentry after 5mins... feckin rediculous these were'nt shown on any station:mad:

One all

• Advertisement

What score did it finish? I got pissed off listening to the commentry after 5mins... feckin rediculous these were'nt shown on any station:mad:

What was wrong with the lads? There will be repercussions if they aint earning their crack cocaine :mad::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Well done to both Pats and Derry, both getting respectful results.
    Drawing at home to a team from Malta is considered respectable now?

djpbarry wrote: »

It is when you have lost 12 out of 21 games this season :o

Pats / Valletta v Krylya Sovetov

Valletta going to Russia in next round.

Derrys draw is on now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

djpbarry wrote: »

Better than losing at home to Maltese opposition :o

Skonto/Derry V CSKA Sofia

• Advertisement

Well done Derry. Still in it Pat's... nil desperandum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Dont see us beating them as long as kenna plays what looks good on paper rather than what played well in previous games.
    That's because "what played well in previous games" is laid up with a broken leg. Or a groin strain. Or a broken jaw. Or whatever other injury you can come up with.

Advertisement