Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folks, seriously a little bit of decorum

Options
  • 16-07-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

After seeing this and then seeing how it was quickly locked, I advice people to use some tact and decorum when starting threads of this nature or really asking themselves "is there a chance that the college authorities might read this forum?" Seriously, this is the kind of thing that draws unnecessary attention and might get people (boards.ie) into trouble.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Under the Arts building works

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

El Siglo wrote: »
    "is there a chance that the college authorities might read this forum?"

You better believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Preusse wrote: »
    You better believe it.

And that's why it helps to have a little decorum. "Loose lips sink ships" folks, keep these things to yourselves, it's unnecessary and will only draw unwanted attention to the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭StopWhispering

Holy cr@p! That was totally my bad!

New to this...think I will now read the rules before going any further!

Again, sorry.

:o

Again, sorry.

Yes that would help and at least then you won't get banned for such posts and starting such threads.:)

• Advertisement

Yes that would help and at least then you won't get banned for such posts and starting such threads.:)

Well, I definitely don't wanna get banned.

Okay off to the UCD Forum Charter for me then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is this thread really necessary...? :confused: Thanks anyway...

Dave! wrote: »
    Is this thread really necessary...? :confused: Thanks anyway...

Yes, and you're welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Students? Talking about having sex? ON THE INTERNET!?

It truly is a shocking and horrifying turn of events, I can see why you felt the need to warn the forum populace of the dangers of this sort of thing

Blut wrote: »
    Students? Talking about having sex? ON THE INTERNET!?

It truly is a shocking and horrifying turn of events, I can see why you felt the need to warn the forum populace of the dangers of this sort of thing

I don’t give a shít what you talk about, but not on this forum should you never talk about the best place to have a ride in UCD. That’s the kind of thing that interests UCD admin, and gets people into trouble and they do read this forum. I’m not a prude, talk about fúcking positions, talk about whatever the fúck you want, but when it involves UCD and specifically where, then this can come around bite you, it’s call using your sense. Would you go to cinema and tell people the ending or the plot twist of a film? No of course not, you’d keep your mouth shut, well the same thing applies to this situation. There’s a sex and sexuality forum on boards, go to that, or just pm each other instead, but talking about in open like this is not what anyone needs and it’s the kind of thing that attracts unnecessary attention. Hence a little decorum goes a long way, especially for avoiding bad publicity for boards, the forum, avoid unnecessary bannings etc... Easy way of remembering:

Sex = Good (that's why there's a private forum on it)
    Place to have sex in public in UCD = Bad, leads to bannings and trouble for all concerned.

So, if any mods are out there, lock this thread because it’s going to turn into a stupid debate about free speech crap and how people opposed to discussion on where the best place to have sex in UCD is, are just prudes.

• Advertisement

Although El Siglio has a strong point. I can't help but think why the "Rape Lane" thread was not also closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I had rape in Rape Lane last night.

Jesus dude. :eek:

That's more of an AH response, I expected more from you Economist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

jesus h christ..... perhaps this could be closed and we might get on with our lives...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

That's more of an AH response, I expected more from you Economist.

I'm very sorry to disappoint you El Siglo.

Can we still be friends? :(

I'm very sorry to disappoint you El Siglo.

Can we still be friends? :(

Apology accepted.
    Of course we can still be friends!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Library study rooms ftw ;)

Grimes wrote: »
    Library study rooms ftw ;)

Ha ha! Apparently that's bold, Grimes. Down with that sort of thing!

By the way, Paleontology rocks...even more than Geology! I'm aiming to complete a degree with that in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Again, sorry.

Tom was just locking it to see if Myself and Raphael (or Raphael and I) would keep it open or not.
    It isn't specifically against the forum rules (search for "sex in the disabled toilets" for a previous incarnation) but it should be noted that the UCD authorities do read boards, and action has been taken in the past against a certain careless student who said too much.

So if you want to start a new thread (including a warning that UCD authorities might read it) then go ahead. Tbh, unless it was in a lecturers study your probably grand. Just keep in mind that Big Brother is watching.
    They know all the tutors are ridin' students, and they don't seem to care;)
    Don't.
    Unless you were eating rape seed.
    I don’t give a shít what you talk about, but not on this forum should you never talk about the best place to have a ride in UCD. That’s the kind of thing that interests UCD admin, and gets people into trouble and they do read this forum. I’m not a prude, talk about fúcking positions, talk about whatever the fúck you want, but when it involves UCD and specifically where, then this can come around bite you, it’s call using your sense. Would you go to cinema and tell people the ending or the plot twist of a film? No of course not, you’d keep your mouth shut, well the same thing applies to this situation. There’s a sex and sexuality forum on boards, go to that, or just pm each other instead, but talking about in open like this is not what anyone needs and it’s the kind of thing that attracts unnecessary attention. Hence a little decorum goes a long way, especially for avoiding bad publicity for boards, the forum, avoid unnecessary bannings etc... Easy way of remembering:

Sex = Good (that's why there's a private forum on it)
    Place to have sex in public in UCD = Bad, leads to bannings and trouble for all concerned.

So, if any mods are out there, lock this thread because it’s going to turn into a stupid debate about free speech crap and how people opposed to discussion on where the best place to have sex in UCD is, are just prudes.
    The above is what we call back-seat modding. It's naughty.

I'll leave this thread open for a bit of discussion then lock it.

• Advertisement

The above is what we call back-seat modding. It's naughty.

I'll leave this thread open for a bit of discussion then lock it.

Okay, I am new to this but I also thought this "back-seat modding" wasn't really on.

Spot the virgin.

Tom was just locking it to see if Myself and Raphael (or Raphael and I) would keep it open or not.
    It isn't specifically against the forum rules (search for "sex in the disabled toilets" for a previous incarnation) but it should be noted that the UCD authorities do read boards, and action has been taken in the past against a certain careless student who said too much.

From El Siglo's comment and also his/her thread thereafter, I thought I had made a mortal mistake here. I understand that it was borderline bold and, in fairness, caused me to actually read the rules. But I was never going to name offices, names or anything.

But again, I get that I was threading a thin line and I appreciate El Siglos comment. Although the new thread ("Folks, seriously a little bit of decorum") was a bit much (and slightly humiliating to a new member).

Thanks Mods (and pseudo-mods). :)

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Spot the virgin.

I prefer "Where's Wally".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Tom65 wrote: »

Ha ha ha! I would buy you a pint for that one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Tom65 wrote: »
    I feel so peaceful and relaxed after listening to that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Dose UCD have access to the IP adresses on the forum ?
    If not how can they link a profile to a student ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

They can't. And the lazy sods should be doing something other than trying to link fictional names to students. Admin have some cheek to ever ask for stuff to be removed, the boards rules (i.e. no libel) are sufficient IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Dose UCD have access to the IP adresses on the forum ?
    If not how can they link a profile to a student ?
    If they got a court order then Boards would comply.
    They won't get a court order unless someone does something rediculously stupid and criminal.

However, if a student leaks enough facts about himself - a smart man can figure out who they are.

Advertisement