Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FC CARLOW

Options
  • 16-07-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I have been keeping an eye on FC Carlow mine and your local league of Ireland club.
    This is a great what they are doing and Im hoping to get to one or two more games before the season finishes with the "A" Championship.

U20s will be kicking off soon.

Any fans on board here?

Discuss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Definite fan here futsal, Try and make as many home games as possible. Its great to see a local team playing football at this level and great for the top players in the junior league to be able to progress.
    Niall Phelan, Gavin Dowling and Davy Walker look by no means out of place at this level and seem to have brought real strength and experience to an otherwise young squad.
    Its a team well worth supporting and hopefully we can get some Boardsies at the remaining fixtures.
    Next scheduled home fixture is on the 2nd of august Vs Cobh Ramblers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

thats something I may be interested in alright, it's on in Tullow is it?

patrickc wrote: »
    thats something I may be interested in alright, it's on in Tullow is it?

The Senior team in the League of Ireland play out of Burrin Celtics pitch in Ballon. The U20 side play out of Parkvilles pitch in Tullow.
    I think the under 20s may have ther e first match this weekend although I'm not sure. Should be more info here http://www.fc-carlow.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Ive only made it to one game but keep an eye on the results and reports. It is very encouraging for the local soccer scene to have a LoI club. Heres hoping for steady progress over the coming years.

FC Carlow will play Cobh Ramblers in Ballon tomorrow Sunday at 3PM. Should be a good game that we have every chance of winning. Hope a few boardsies can make it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 futsal

The game was played on Sat 1st August

FC Carlow 1
    Cobh 0

futsal wrote: »
    The game was played on Sat 1st August

FC Carlow 1
    Cobh 0

I know that now lol. Coverage of the games is crap. None of the local papers give either fixtures or match reports. I was going on the assumption they normally play on sundays. Ah well apoliges if I sent anyone on a wild goose chase. Good win for the lads anyway. Daragh Walsh scored the only goal.

watpos11.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

how did they do yesterday sat? I watched about 10 mins but did'nt find out final score

kwalshe wrote: »
    how did they do yesterday sat? I watched about 10 mins but did'nt find out final score

Carlow won 2 1

Waterford took the lead in the first half although Carlow had been on top for much of the half.
    Robbie Farrell got the equaliser before half time from a Damien Byrne corner kick.
    Andrew Hickey got the winner from the penalty spot inside the last 15 min. Daragh Walsh had missed a penalty earlier in the half.

It was a good game. New players played very well. Shane Howard looks very impressive. 3 Irish internationals on a carlow team. Good to see:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

mickos wrote: »
    Carlow won 2 1

Waterford took the lead in the first half although Carlow had been on top for much of the half.
    Robbie Farrell got the equaliser before half time from a Damien Byrne corner kick.
    Andrew Hickey got the winner from the penalty spot inside the last 15 min. Daragh Walsh had missed a penalty earlier in the half.

It was a good game. New players played very well. Shane Howard looks very impressive. 3 Irish internationals on a carlow team. Good to see:)

That's great.. You can really see the gradual improvement in every part of the pitch , especially in the confidence.. nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

Wasn't at the game myself, but got the result by text from The Nationalist. Carlow's goals came in the second half from Greg Sykula, Andrew Hickey and Alan Wren.

C'mon Carlow!

legendal wrote: »
    Wasn't at the game myself, but got the result by text from The Nationalist. Carlow's goals came in the second half from Greg Sykula, Andrew Hickey and Alan Wren.

C'mon Carlow!

It was a good win for the lads today. Poor first half playing against a strong wind. Played well in the second half and fully deserved the win. Inspired substitutions from Pat Purcell with Greg Sykula and Alan Wren scoring as second half substitutes and Shane Clarke, the 3rd sub, set up 2 of the 3 goals. Greg Sykula a polish player who played with St. Pats boys last season looks a real class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

They have a facebook page thats updated constantly

FC Carlow U20s Fixtures

Wednesday 2nd September v Cork City Kick off @8.00pm.
    Venue is Buckley Park, Kilkenny (Callan Road, Kilkenny) smile.gif

Sunday 6th September v Wexford Youths kick off @2.00pm.
    Venue is Hawkins Lane, Tullow (Parkville United) smile.gif

futsal wrote: »
    FC Carlow U20s Fixtures

Wednesday v Cork City Kick off @8.00pm.
    Venue is Buckley Park, Kilkenny (Callan Road, Kilkenny) 2nd September smile.gif

Sunday 6th September v Wexford Youths kick off @2.00pm.
    Venue is Hawkins Lane, Tullow (Parkville United) smile.gif

AFAIK the match wednesday night is off. Buckley park didn't pass an inspection.

Advertisement