Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL how **** are they ??? Also Ebay scam too.

Options
  • 16-07-2009 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

I just have to write something to get this out of my head.

I bought a Phone of Ebay with the sell claiming to be in Dublin. My bad I should have read all feedback as 1 of them said. "Scam not based in Dublin but in Hong Kong." computersandphoneshop is the sellers name so people can avoid.

Call 1

I got a call on Monday that packet was in Airport and I had too pay E20 for tax. I offered to pay DHL by card but the lady messed up so I said I would pay the driver.

Call 2

Tuesday DHL called to ask if they could deliver that afternoon. I said that would be OK what time. They said afternoon about 3.pm

Call 3

Tuesday I called DHL 4.30 PM are they delievering today? No sorry can it be tomorrow. We will call you at 9.30 am to confirm. I said OK.

Call4

Wednesday 11.15 am DHL why di you not call me about packet? Oh sorry I will get on to the wear house and call you back.

Call 5

2.30pm I called as they did not call back. Oh seems they can not find packet and we have look everywhere. We will call you back after 4pm as new shift start and they will look for it.

3.45 pm text we still have not found packet will call you at 4.30.

Call 6

4.55pm Why have you not called me? Sorry about that 3 people are now looking for packet but it can not be delievered today. OK please delever to diverent address as I can not take delievery is that OK DHL yes they said.

Call 7

It is with a driver now for deliver I was told. Can you check please I ask. Oh no your friend said she would collect it is that ok? I said fine and called my friend.

Call to friend They said it was with drive to deliver to old address and they said could not deliever to me. You have to collect it yourself.

Call 8

12.15 pm Could I speak someone about this delievery I am angery and would like it delievered today please. Girl is on a call I will get her to phone you right back. 30 min later still waiting.

I am going to call now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

DHL "misplaced" a camcorder that I ordered from Pixmania. In other words some1 in the DHL office nicked it as they had to "open an investigation". That took over 4 weeks and then I had to keep following up with them before I had to deal with bloody Pixmania for a refund

I'l try never to use DHL again

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

DHL are discontinuing domestic delivery services as of 24th July anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

now you know what the name stands for...

Dont Hurry Lads

:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Have to say I've never had issues with DHL, but then I've always got them to deliver to my work address same for GLS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Cabaal wrote: »
    Have to say I've never had issues with DHL, but then I've always got them to deliver to my work address same for GLS

+1 never a problem with work related deliveries or stuff I've had sent to a work address and thats because the work address was on a regular delivery run.

NEVER EVER would use them agan for a home delivery. Drivers don't bother and in my experience write out a tried to deliver slip and throw it away and don't even call. If they get caught out they pretend they put the slip in the wrong house.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

ttm wrote: »
    +1 never a problem with work related deliveries or stuff I've had sent to a work address and thats because the work address was on a regular delivery run.

NEVER EVER would use them agan for a home delivery. Drivers don't bother and in my experience write out a tried to deliver slip and throw it away and don't even call. If they get caught out they pretend they put the slip in the wrong house.
    As already mentioned, using them in future is a moot point...cos they are closing down. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Last two packages I recieved from DHL I had no problem with. Driver actually rang me ahead of delivery and informed me of the charges on each package and told me how long he'd be. Was fairly impressedd with the service. This was to my home address too.

As for stuff going missing, if you work in a sorting office you get to know the regular packages coming through and whats in them. As in all walks of life your going to have an opportunist taking items. Cant blame DHL if its to be investigated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

DHL the worst courier service I have ever come across. Two of three parcels delivered monday. Rang them asking where the third was after three calls I was told it was mis-routed and would be with me tuesday. Guess what the parcel came back to Dublin only to be mis-routed again. Now they dont know where it is. The w***kers have just cost me €500 in lost business.

Advertisement