Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can any1 help me?

• 16-07-2009 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am thinking about buy a scooter in poland ( as it is the half price comparing to Ireland) however, i dont know how does the tax and insurrance work in Ireland. does it worth it? if so, whats the cost for insurrance and tax? thanks guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

dny1234 wrote: »
    I am thinking about buy a scooter in poland ( as it is the half price comparing to Ireland) however, i dont know how does the tax and insurrance work in Ireland. does it worth it? if so, whats the cost for insurrance and tax? thanks guys!

Well, if the bike is less than 6 months old you have to pay 21% VAT. Than you have to pay VRT aswell, you can calculate that here: https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showBikeCalculator
    Motor tax is €43 for anything under 75cc. 76cc-200cc is €58 and €76 for anything over that.
    You have to call insurance companies to find out how much it costs for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

If it's only a scooter, you could probably pick one up cheap enough here anyway. You might consider a low cost 125cc bike too like the Yamaha YBR 125.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bongo bongo

I sell you my moped from Poland I will bring to your house after you pay me 2,000 zonks:D and maybe one goat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭gillo_100

Have you thought about how to get it back from Poland.
    I'm assuming you are not going to drive it across Europe.

You'll have to factor the transport cost in also. One thing you could possibly do is hire van to transport it. If you were doing this may as well buy a couple and sell them at a profit. AFAIK you can bring in two scooter without having to register as a business selling them. Get a mate to go with you too that 4 scooters in a van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭harly1516

I give you 2,110 zonks, a donkey and two goats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I know a young one selling a 08 scooter for 1000 its 125 and all if your interested

Advertisement