Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Online

Options
  • 16-07-2009 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I have gone through countless websites looking for information on when this game will be released. To no avail.

Does anyone know?

I've seen some screenshots and the graphics already look a bit dated.

I hope this is not going to turn out to be another Duke Nukem Forever fiasco.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I'm scratching my head as to why they can't get their act together. Pretty useless if you ask me. They already have a market that will snap it up and if its even half good I would probably play all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

January-March 2010 is the estimated release window.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I've seen some screenshots and the graphics already look a bit dated.

I think that's because it's an MMORPG. When you're designing a game designed to work for thousands of players at once the more complicated the game, the more data the servers have to handle. I'd say to make sure the game is playable on thousands of PCs, they have to make things relatively simple, hence the older looking graphics.

I've noted a lot of these MMO games die mid-development, so I'm hoping this one won't. I don't like the genre that much, bit if it's star trek I might give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

March 31 2010 is the estimated release...subject to change of course.

I'd love to play it, but I'm not paying a monthly subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

If they have some of the actors, ie Patrick Stewart, narrating it will be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I noted the "new constitution" class they have recently released there the other day.

IMO easily the coolest looking ship ever in Star Trek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

i will actually buy a computer, to play this, if it is any good
    There is a massive market out there, for a good Star Trek game

Advertisement