Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couples at work

Options
  • 16-07-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else here have to deal with couples who work together?

I mean, when they do 'couple-ey' things together , in the office...

Tis weird!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Seen it in the past alright,swooning over eachother that kind of crap.Its gag inducing.

Just try and ignore it and wait for the fireworks if it goes tits up,that makes for a much more interesting atmosphere.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I work with a chap who''s getting married to a bird in another department, he lives with her allready.

They're both hard workers and lovely people, but I wonder how they're not sick of eachother!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Does anyone else here have to deal with couples who work together?

I mean, when they do 'couple-ey' things together , in the office...

Tis weird!

That drives me mental. I work with a couple, but they are completely professional about it. I didn't even know they were a couple actually, until one of them said so on a night out.

How bad are the couple you work with? It's just not appropriate at all to be all smoochy at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

eoin wrote: »
    That drives me mental. I work with a couple, but they are completely professional about it. I didn't even know they were a couple actually, until one of them said so on a night out.

Would have been funny if you were puttin the moves on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Scubachick

DH and I work for the same organisation. It was only after I had accepted the job and handed in my notice at the old place that HR said we would never be placed in the same office together - probably coz she never wanted to see any "coupley" stuff you talk about. I can understand that - I would hate to see it myself. Even outside of work we are not into PDAs.

We now work in offices 2 hours apart and both have an hour commute. This was not part of the whole "move to the country and work together in a small town" plan! :mad: But I am grateful that I have a job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I think it would depend on the two individuals in question, rather than the fact that they're a couple. What I mean is, you could get a couple who are totally professional and don't let their relationship affect their work in any way, or I can also see how some couples could be very irritating to work with.

But at the same time, you could be working with two people who are very close friends, and they could allow their personal relationship to interfere with their work just as easily as a couple could.

One couple I worked with were totally professional as part of the job, but they were quite lovey-dovey in the canteen on breaks etc. It didn't bother me or anyone else at all, but of course it would have been totally inappropriate if they did it in front of customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I was once out at a works function and thought I had struck it lucky when a woman was all over me until a co-worker warned me off to the fact she was the bosses wife and was well known to cause trouble like this with her husbands workers just for the hell of it. I pitied the man after that for having such a bitch as a wife and thanked my lucky stars as he was a type not to suffer fools gladly and could have made things very difficult for me in the workplace.

Advertisement