Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exhausted broadband options - please please advise

Options
  • 16-07-2009 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,

Does anyone have an experience of Quantum Broadband? I am living in Kildare and am thinking of signing up to their service.

Cheers

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 john_buoy

I am living in Allenwood, Co Kildare and am so so so so so fed up looking for a broadband service provider that provides a half decent service at a decent fair price. So far these are all of my options and their outcomes:

1. Esat BT (no dsl exchange in area) - rules out all other landline bb providers
    2. vodafone 3g stick (no high speed connection at my location(in the house))
    3. o2 3g stick (no high speed connection at my location(in the house))
    4. 'three' 3g stick (95% of reviews on the internet are bad - hense im reluctant to go with these)
    5. quantum broadband solutions - expensive installation - dont know what their service is like
    6. leinster broadband - expensive - have read their service is not the best - dont know about their coverage
    7. Ice broadband - don't even go there - ive read oh so many bad reviews and about 99.99999999999999..................99999999% of them are bad
    8. Satellite broadband - too expensive - too much hassle.
    9. Last Mile broadband - no coverage

Can anyone please please tell me that there is a decent provider of broadband that covers the allenwood area, and is reasonable with their costs.

Cheers

J

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

DSL based broadband including line rental starts at €50.

Satellite based Internet at better than 3G performance starts at €30. Though install is expensive, it's less than 2GByte of excess traffic on 3's PAYG Mobile Internet!

Advertisement