Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which account would be best for me

Options
  • 16-07-2009 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I am opening a new account but don't know which bank is best.

This is what I want:
    • Personal account with trading as business name attached so I can lodge cheque and invoice people with the account details
    • Online banking a must. Want to pay bills Ntl, credit card etc online
    • Minimum charges. Don't want to be charged for every transaction I do
    • Cheque book. Also maybe laser
    • ATM. Card needs to work in 365 or Banklink machines. Ideally both

can anyone recommend a few banks who fit this criteria

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I'd say every account would fit this bill, but once you ask for a business name on the account, you will be charged business transaction rates

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭noreds

ah not good news.

i dont get many business payments which is why I wanted to just have a normal current account.
    Dont really like all the extra charges just because its a business name.

Is there any other way I can do it to avoid being charged business rates

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Bank of Ireland do what's called a Business Start Up package, which gives you two years free banking and the other facilities you require. I'm sure AIB do a similar thing.

Advertisement