Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish sail training scheme stopped for good

Options
  • 16-07-2009 2:46pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Remember Asgard 2 sank in Biscay and the government promised something would be done to get the scheme back up and running? Oh, and the insurance company said they were happy to pay out on the claim of the value of the Asgard 2?

In Programme D - Defence policy (page 41) of "an bord snip's" report;

"Close the sail training scheme (Asgard II)" saving €0.8 million.

As the fat cartoon pig said,

"That's all folks..."

Remember that a FF & Green party government put the final nail in the coffin of the Irish sail training scheme!!! :mad:

And just where did all that insurance money go...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭icedtea

Dyflin wrote: »
    Remember Asgard 2 sank in Biscay and the government promised something would be done to get the scheme back up and running? Oh, and the insurance company said they were happy to pay out on the claim of the value of the Asgard 2?

In Programme D - Defence policy (page 41) of "an bord snip's" report;

"Close the sail training scheme (Asgard II)" saving €0.8 million.

As the fat cartoon pig said,

"That's all folks..."

Remember that a FF & Green party government put the final nail in the coffin of the Irish sail training scheme!!! :mad:

And just where did all that insurance money go...?
    .8 million?

Wasn't the insurance payout like 2.3?

An Bord Snip Nua is a joke, I want to go on a sail training ship next year, but it looks like I'll Be going on the English Yacht, The Lord Rank, at least the British Government won't shut it down.

A foundation/charity should be set up to run sail training in Ireland.
    I feel much better after that rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

Meh. More banter to be had at sailing courses i'd imagine than a big green tub!

Advertisement