Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Wexford

Options
  • 16-07-2009 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I just booked a 2 night stay in the Maldron Hotel for two weeks time. There'll be myself, my wife and our 2 year old girl. Can anyone recommend things to do in Wexford for the two days?

I see that the Maldron as an 18 hole crazy golf course and other things for kids.

Cheers.

Comments

Heritage Park is just down the road and its a good day out for all the family..

Bowling in the Leisureplex is an option, Kilmoe Quay can be nice as well if the weather is good. If you want a beach, Curracloe is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭poppy123

Hiya, in addition to above, theres a new petting farm that my youngest loves called secret valley farm in Camolin which would be about half hours drive (or there abouts!), or theres also a new one open in Blackwater but I dont know the name of it. Theres also shrule farm in Ballygarret which is great with small kids but again it might be a bit far out for you, would prob take about 45mins from wexford town.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

the seafood festival is on this weekend in kilmore quay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Hey Baldie,
    few tips for both the family and the adults depending on whether you want to organise a babysitter at the hotel.
    • For all-Johnstown Castle and Gardens. Lovely setting and the kid will have a ball exploring. Its about 3 miles max from your hotel.
    • Rosslare Strand-again for all. Nice beach, ice creams and a great wee playground
    • Kilmore Quay -about 20 miles from hotel but a lovely quaint village, great seafood pub grub and she/he may catch a glimpse of the local seal in the harbour
    • If you decide to get a baby sitter and want a nice evening I'd suggest The Yard in Wexford Town for a meal followed by a few bevvies in The Stores across the road.
    Enjoy the few days!

Advertisement