Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric guitar .. yeeoooww

Options
  • 16-07-2009 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi lads and lassies

I've just picked up my first electric guitar (Yeeooww! I'm 27 .. am I a bit auld? Arraa feck it) as I've played accoustic for a couple of years. Very exciting amping it up for the first time... (Why did I wait so long?!) I need to get a good teacher to show me the ropes. I'm a singer as well and would like to play around a bit and sing me little heart out whilst rockin out with the geeetar.

Anyone know anyone decent in Galway city that doesn't charge the world?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Best head over to the Services Requested section of Adverts.ie and ask there.

http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=39

But yeah I love the versatility the electric gives me, clean to bluesy overdrive to chugging riffage and back again.

Oh and you're never too old to rock! What kind of guitar did ya get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Skipper1

Can't wait to chug me riffs :p

Yeah, there is no comparison. It just feels so different from the acoustic. Thanks for the tip.

I got an epiphone. Red.... Never too old to rock is right! The music is flowin . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

fobster wrote: »
    Oh and you're never too old to rock!

+1. Good luck with it. :)

Thanks Rigsby..

I was playing it in bed last night with the lights off before I went to sleep. Didn't want to put it down. I'm like a child.

Skipper1 wrote: »
    Thanks Rigsby..

I was playing it in bed last night with the lights off before I went to sleep. Didn't want to put it down. I'm like a child.

I only took up the bass guitar a few years ago.......... when aged 49 :eek: , so you are still only a young fella !! :D Enjoy.

• Advertisement

I'm not young fella... Jeasssuz ... Nope. I'm a laaadeeee, don't you knooow :D

49? Sure you're only a baba in this day and age... G'wan ya good thing ya.

Skipper1 wrote: »
    I'm not young fella... Jeasssuz ... Nope. I'm a laaadeeee, don't you knooow :D

Oops !! :o Sorry "Ms" Skipper1. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have a look at Channel 256 now. All the guitar legends you'll ever want to see are in concert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I can only speak from experience....in my early and mid 20s I did the acoustic-electric transition... and without any lessons. I basically just studied whatever I saw on telly, recorded it and copied with the pause button held repeatedly.....guitartists like Gilmour from Pink Floyd, Frusciante from the Chili Peppers, and with the purchase of a delay pedal you'll be sounding like The Edge in no time! :D

Advertisement