Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Walking Tour

Options
  • 16-07-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

I had a lovely time today, was stuck in town with a couple of hours to kill and saw a sign for a free walking tour of Sligo.
    It started at the tourist office at 11am and finished at 1pm.
    I found out loads of things I never knew about Sligo.
    Art the tour guide was a mine of information. Best of all it was free and included was a free tea or coffee at the Bistro Bianconi.

I've done a few bits of video which I'll put on youtube when I get a chance.

I'd recommend this to everyone, it was brill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

That sounds great. How often does the tour start on a day? Do you know any times?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

It's just once a day. I don't think they'd be enough people to run it more then once.
    You can join the tour whenever you like, the list of times and places is up in the library. You can leave whenever you like as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

magnumlady wrote: »
    It's just once a day. I don't think they'd be enough people to run it more then once.
    You can join the tour whenever you like, the list of times and places is up in the library. You can leave whenever you like as well.

Thanks we will have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Sounds great ML, my daughter would love this. Not being from Sligo myself, but my daughter looking like she's going to be a fully paid up townie :pac:, this would be great for us.

Advertisement