Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niteline have...

Options
  • 16-07-2009 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

plastered framed posters all over the college. Anyone know anything about them? Your views,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I think a prominent niteline campaign is a good idea. It's a good service for students who need to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Maybe I'm just being grouchy, but they seem to convey terribly messages.

One boasts that they deal with undergrads, postgrads, mature students, foreign students, etc. Whenever I see it, I think, "You're suicidal, and all Niteline wants to know is whether you have a degree yet or not."

Another says that they're trained using the Samaratan model. So ring the Samaratans. They're probably more experienced anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

As a general rule i find the posters around campus a bit ott. In any case if i was suicidal i wouldn't be ringing up a college hotline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 hoorayforbacon

betafrog wrote: »
    Seriously lads calm down, a group of students are trying to do good by offering a helping voice to those in need and all you can think of is to criticise their posters..

Quite true, if they stop one student from doing something terrible then they're a success aren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

oh...................i thought ye were talking about buses.................

• Advertisement
Advertisement