Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bikini Wax

• 16-07-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

I am contemplating getting a bikini wax, or something more :eek:. Any tips, advice etc. as am worried of the potential pain etc. I get a half leg wax done, and have done for for the past 13 years, but as the bikini is more 'intimate' area am worried.

Also, is there anything I should do to prep the area, such as trimming etc? If I need to trim, how much?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Trimming is good - trim the hair so it is quite short, about a centimetre or two.

Exfoliate the area.

Take two paracetamol an hour before your wax. I have been getting my bikini line waxed for 10 years and this is the best tip ever! It's over very quickly, you'll be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭gccorcaigh

I often have a vodka before going for a bikini wax. Takes the edge off haha! Make sure you hold the skin taut when the beautician is waxing, it wont be as painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Beautician

Dont be affraid! It can be in pain a bit just firs time. Best time for doing that is after your periods (sorry about but is true), before is more painfull. Ask your beatician to use Hot Wax(no papers) for most intimate areas. My experience shows me this is better way.
    It last about 2-3 weeks for 1st time and 4 for next.your hare beacome very thin and weak. But! If your have decided to do bilini wax every time dont shave!!! couse after shavind your fillings during waxing will be like 1st time.
    or wax with no pain or shave :)
    more carridge! It is not horrible pain.you can do it.

Advertisement