Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameservers.ie - Looking for testers!

Options
  • 16-07-2009 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi all.

Gameservers.ie is a startup providing game server hosting and related services to the Irish gaming community. Our infrastructure is located in Telecity, CityWest - one of Ireland's two hubs for Neutral Internet Exchange, with multiple carrier uplinks (including a presence on both INEX LANs).

While we still have some work left to do on our portal site and product set, we are looking for clans/gaming societies/avid individuals to help test our infrastructure, debug any latency issues, problems with our control panel etc.

To this end, we are offering one months free gameserver hosting for any of our current supported games (current complete list available on www.gameservers.ie). Slots are limited, with precedence being given to groups/individuals likely to spend the most time gaming.

To avail of this offer, head over to the gameservers.ie storefront, select the package you'd like, fill in the appropriate details and select "Free Testing Account" as your payment method.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Regards,

Paul

-Gameserver.ie Support Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This thread will self-destruct in 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

He has the "Official Rep" tagline, so its OK. Probably. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Mr E wrote: »
    He has the "Official Rep" tagline, so its OK. Probably. :)

I thought official company rep names should be in red, such as the Gamesnash and Magnet people have?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Spear wrote: »
    I thought official company rep names should be in red, such as the Gamesnash and Magnet people have?

Newly registered users cant edit their tag-line though? Also VIPs can be spotted with colored stars which he doesnt have :)

Nick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

yoyo wrote: »
    Newly registered users cant edit their tag-line though? Also VIPs can be spotted with colored stars which he doesnt have :)

Nick

I'm not aware of anything stopping someone regging and subscribing immediately to give them a custom tagline and avatar.

• Advertisement

Only cool people like Pat in Gamesnash get their name in red.
    Paul has to prove himself first. :)

Seriously, only subscribers can change their tag line, and subscribers have coloured stars. I'll check anyway....

OK, I checked and Paul is legit.
    Enough of the conspiracy theories! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Gif free L4D server, want to see if i can add custom campaigns to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Gameservers.ie: Paul

Hi all,

This account is official sanctioned and comes with boards approval! :)

(I thought that would have been implied with the custom tagline and avatar?)

I hope this isn't overstepping boards.ie courtesy, but any questions/queries on gameservers.ie can be posted to this thread.

Regards,
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Hi all.

To this end, we are offering one months free gameserver hosting for any of our current supported games (current complete list available on www.gameservers.ie). Slots are limited, with precedence being given to groups/individuals likely to spend the most time gaming.

The requested page could not be found

The actual link is http://www.gameservers.ie/game_servers

Also, may I just add....welcome to boards, and good luck with the server business.
    Hope yous make it a succesful one :):D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

and related services to the Irish gaming community.

To avail of this offer

its phrases like this which make me believe that this is nothing more than sanctioned marketing crap.

boards.ie Ltd nowadays tho innit? classy

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Wow a guy comes on offering free servers and gets derision and suspicion in return.

Welcome to Boards.ie.

Deh howp yer not when a dem bidness types.

Dey tik ur jibs dammit.

Dey tik UR JIBS.

By the way Paul, good luck with your enterprise. Maybe think about adding Arma2 into your list? It seems to have a growing number of players here at the moment, looking for a home.

Iv submitted a form plus referral, i still be waiting.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Iv submitted a form plus referral, i still be waiting.

I'm pretty sure that it says after you make your submission that processing the freebie servers is a manual process and can take some time!

You should be good to go as of now.

Regards,
    Paul

I'm pretty sure that it says after you make your submission that processing the freebie servers is a manual process and can take some time!

You should be good to go as of now.

Regards,
    Paul

Cheers for the response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Deffo need to add Arma2 to that list, it needs an Irish server and is gaining momentum

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Applied for a TF2 server. Best of luck with the business.:)

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Deffo need to add Arma2 to that list, it needs an Irish server and is gaining momentum

I've no problem with that! I'll add it to the poll on the main site. If there's enough interest we'll look into offering.
    Applied for a TF2 server. Best of luck with the business.:)

Thanks for the well wishes, that's quite a userbase you have available! :)

Regards,
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Paul's username is now appearing correctly (in red) - the mistake there was mine. He is most definitely approved for being here both by me as Community Manager and by Kinetic^ who is the Cat Mod for games.

Best of luck with it Paul, already off to a good start it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Jazzy, if you have an issue with how the site is run then take it to help desk. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Applied for a TF2 server

How do I edit my server settings? Do I log in or what? Can I change the map rotation, gravity, and sv_pure settings?
    Also can I spontaneously set people I don't like on fire?

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Applied for a TF2 server

How do I edit my server settings? Do I log in or what?

Yup, when your account is accepted and server deployed you'll get your control panel login details sent to your email address.
    Can I change the map rotation, gravity, and sv_pure settings?
    Yes, yes and yes. Pretty much all configs can be tweaked and edited.
    Also can I spontaneously set people I don't like on fire?
    Most certainly... I believe "Pyro" is the class you're looking for :)

Yup, when your account is accepted and server deployed you'll get your control panel login details sent to your email address.

Yes, yes and yes. Pretty much all configs can be tweaked and edited.

Most certainly... I believe "Pyro" is the class you're looking for :)

Thanks. I also believe there is a Console "code" to spontaneously set annoying people on fire. I have my "=" key binded to explode :P

Also how do I do all of the aforementioned? I just wanted to sound geeky :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Applied for the Left4Dead one just there,

Thanks and Welcome to Boards
    Good luck with the business

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Also how do I do all of the aforementioned? I just wanted to sound geeky :D

We don't have documentation for game specific setups/configs, you'll have to check your games docs. (Perhaps a wiki would be useful for such things?)
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Applied for the Left4Dead one just there,

Thanks and Welcome to Boards
    Good luck with the business

Thank you kindly.

Regards,
    Paul

Cheers Paul. And forgot to wish you all good luck in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Haha, I recently bought a TF2 server from e-frag...

What kind of prices would you be selling them for?

EDIT

I see the prices.. 24 slot = €20.40 :/

That's about another €6 more then e-frag.

I reccomend (if you can) you reduce your prices slightly.

CutzEr wrote: »
    I see the prices.. 24 slot = €20.40 :/

That's about another €6 more then e-frag.

I reccomend (if you can) you reduce your prices slightly.

The prices you see on gameservers.ie are only placeholders for now (there is no payment method available that actually creates a charge).

Even though the cost of Irish hosting generally tends to be degrees more then that in the UK, we hope to at least come close to matching the best prices from over the water. It is a tricky balance - covering costs and competing with british hosting!

Thanks for the input!

Regards,
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Nice to see a game server vendor finally in Ireland.

I notice you don't have prices or information on the voice servers, any idea of rough prices.

Also are the server ranked ones in the case of the BF series ?

Advertisement