Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nilesat 102 at 7.west (help please).

• 16-07-2009 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭

anyone receiving any fta channels from nilesat 102 on 7.west?

i need to realign my 1.2m dish and nilesat is about correct for me with regards to seeting the mount and dish for due south.

would like to hear from anyone who can receive channels on this sat,cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Not a chance, go for 8°w instead, there's even an analogue signal left on 12606v.
    8°e
    7,2°w map
    Even though this footprint is far from accurate I doubt that you get a signal from this bird anywhere on this island with under 1.5m.
    In my location in the west of Germany I can receive it with a 90cm Triax, but only just.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭stevethesatguy

is your 1.2m dish motorised , if so what is your location as this determines what sat you line up on ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

use 5W or 8W in Ireland.

Actually on GotoX / USALS you can advantageously line up on 42E.

Make sure all settings are correct (Dish square on arm, motor elevation and dish declination all for your loacation), but don't tighten motor on pole.

Select 42E on receiver.
    Rotate motor on pole to peak signal

Then select 8W and fine tune elevation of dish
    reslect 42W again and peak motor on pole. Lock motor on pole.
    Then adjust dish rotation on motor arm, which at 42 will be mostly an elevation change!
    Arc 42E 8W 45W should now be perfect.

With USALS/GotoX you don't need an exactly south satellite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭bassy

yes my 1.2m dish is motorised with actuator and polarmount,i am located in co.kilkenny.
    is your 1.2m dish motorised , if so what is your location as this determines what sat you line up on ?

watty i,m using a polarmount and actuator which is driven by a moteck v-box2.

so i don,t have the option of gotox/usals

watty wrote: »
    use 5W or 8W in Ireland.

Actually on GotoX / USALS you can advantageously line up on 42E.

Make sure all settings are correct (Dish square on arm, motor elevation and dish declination all for your loacation), but don't tighten motor on pole.

Select 42E on receiver.
    Rotate motor on pole to peak signal

Then select 8W and fine tune elevation of dish
    reslect 42W again and peak motor on pole. Lock motor on pole.
    Then adjust dish rotation on motor arm, which at 42 will be mostly an elevation change!
    Arc 42E 8W 45W should now be perfect.

With USALS/GotoX you don't need an exactly south satellite.

• Advertisement

Doesn't the v-box2 do USALS/GotoX when connected to a Sat receiver with the feature?

Still. Even on the traditional method, 5W is close enough to Due South in East and 8W close enough in the West. You add or subtract from your location and position motor 1 or 2 degrees east or west.

not sure watty just checked manual of v-box2 and it says nothing about gotox or usals.you have no menu on the tv screen with the v-box2.
    you can connect coax from v-box2 to sat receiver to make it work through disec 1.2

but i don,t bother with that i just run lnb coax straight to sat receiver and use v-box2 remote to change sat positions.

i have a spare technomate 1500ci receiver here i think that has usals on it,so i set dish and mount to point due south then enter my longtitude and latitude in to the technomate 1500 receiver,i select a satelite to go to then.any pointers on what i should do then which would be the best satelite to select to to get my dish tracking the arc perfectly?.

watty wrote: »
    Doesn't the v-box2 do USALS/GotoX when connected to a Sat receiver with the feature?

Still. Even on the traditional method, 5W is close enough to Due South in East and 8W close enough in the West. You add or subtract from your location and position motor 1 or 2 degrees east or west.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

Anyone have experience receiving Nilesat in East Waterford/Wexford would a 2.4 Meter Dish work

Nilesat too poor in Ireland,

Bassy, I must be thinking of a DIFFERENT Motek box. There is one that takes LNB cable loop through as alternate to separate remote.

watty my moteck v-box2 takes lnb loopthrough,could,nt i loop the technomate 1500ci then to setup usals?.

• Advertisement

Yes.

Then via the menu of your sat receiver, the Motek V-box2 converts the Diseqc 1.2 (GotoX) to 36V commands, and if your receiver emulates or has USALS/GotoX (you enter your LAt & long on Receiver), then you have usals.
    http://www.creativesatellite.co.uk/index1.html

manual http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-manuals/104388-v-box-iii.html
    (about 2/3rds down page?)
    Page 3 of manual.

I saved a copy :)

You won't need the Motek remote with any modern receiver with GotoX/USALS/Diseqc1.2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Apogee

A V-box can handle Diseqc 1.2 only. It's not possible to use Diseqc 1.3/GotoX/Usals with a linear actuator.

Advertisement