Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

6 weeks!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Martron wrote: »
    6 weeks!!!!!

Yep. It was like pulling teeth trying to get back in and I subscribed just before the emergency gonna have to see will they add another six weeks on to make up for it.
    LeoB wrote: »
    Welcome back, Jeasus I thought Parnells nailed ya;)

Will ya feck off. People will start thinking I'm from Laois. Did ya see the draw for the championship? Not a bad draw for your lads. Could have been a lot worse.

is that what the 4 red stars means? whats the benefits of subscriptions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

is that what the 4 red stars means? whats the benefits of subscriptions

* Upload custom avatars (90px by 90px)
    * Increased private message quota (5000 as opposed to 500) updated!
    * Change the tag line under the username
    * Request a username change
    * Can send PMs to more than 5 users simultaneously
    * Access to the Albums system (PhotoPost)
    * Access to the Subscribers forum
    * Access to the Sex / Sexuality forum
    * Get an e-mail account at bmail.ie
    * Can enable and disable the banner advertisements

http://www.boards.ie/subscribers.php

Nothing too fancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Will ya feck off. People will start thinking I'm from Laois. Did ya see the draw for the championship? Not a bad draw for your lads. Could have been a lot worse.

Jeasus thats tough. St. Marys are a very good side nothing fancy just very organised and a few really talented players. They got to the semi-final last year and were beaten by Judes. St. Marys beat us by 2 points out in Perigrines, a game we should have won. Some good games especially Parnells V Crokes. Hope Parnells get a right hiding.
    We are not playing very well at the moment but hopefully we can improve over the next few weeks. Good few injuries at moment.

• Advertisement

* Upload custom avatars (90px by 90px)
    * Increased private message quota (5000 as opposed to 500) updated!
    * Change the tag line under the username
    * Request a username change
    * Can send PMs to more than 5 users simultaneously
    * Access to the Albums system (PhotoPost)
    * Access to the Subscribers forum
    * Access to the Sex / Sexuality forum
    * Get an e-mail account at bmail.ie
    * Can enable and disable the banner advertisements

http://www.boards.ie/subscribers.php

Nothing too fancy!

extra stuff all the same

How is the photography going leo?

How is the photography going leo?

Disasterous at the moment. My good 70-200 f2.8 lens has a motor gone which will cost minimum £120 stg to fix. I dropped my 55-250 and broke the mount. Gave someone a lend of my 400d and they tried to put memory card in wrong way, €240 to have repaired. And my 17-85 is due for repair to diaphram. I am sick of it.

What the hell!!!!!

i was thinkin you were going to say the sunshine is great and i am pumping out loads of shots. thats a lot of mashed up gear!!!

the 6 year old point and shoot is the only camera i lend to people!!! the Sony alpha stay in view the whole time!!!

some nice lens you have got there leo.

55 - 250 is a great little lens. Its pin sharp and so light, no problem having it as part of a kit. You would comfortably walk around with it in your inside pocket. The 70-200 is also a good lens great for football and hurling.

I gave the 400d to my nephew as he was in all Irelans final for dog handling. Tried to put memory card in wrong way. Lesson learned.

• Advertisement

i only have 18-70mm lens and 50mm f1.8

i think if i had anymore i just would not use it.

the batterry is on charge as we speak i might head out this evening.

This evening!!!!! I will be heading to Doc for anti-biotic, when I say I am having a bad run of luck I am having a bad run of luck.

Would highly recommend the 55-250 super all round lens but its Canon

i only have 18-70mm lens and 50mm f1.8

i think if i had anymore i just would not use it.

the batterry is on charge as we speak i might head out this evening.

Any decent shots to put up. I am in rag order but and my daughter playing in Parnell Park today. In two minds whether to go in.

Do you live in Ravenswell?

nope no decent shots. i had a spot on my lens that i did not see until there were on the computer.

take 2 tommorrow. i am not in the healthiest state today either!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Am up The Alps in Waldspitz having a beer and watching avalanches pouring down the Eiger. What a way to spend a Saturday!

DAM YOU!!!!!

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Am up The Alps in Waldspitz having a beer and watching avalanches pouring down the Eiger. What a way to spend a Saturday!

We are basking in bright sunshine on the tropical island of Ireland, looking at some beautiful sights that the sunshine has brought out;). Waiting on the Rugby to start now

After that performance from Ireland we all go on the Piste:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Some of the team played with sNOwballs yesterday from what I heard.

where is the report function for bad jokes

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

where is the report function for bad jokes
    If it's bad jokes you want, Carry on Matron ....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The Star pub in Swords open on Good Friday serving food only. Would many people go? I didn't think many pubs would do this?

you being a Mod you should be Down with this sort of thing.......... i have a feeling you are as bad as hillbilly......... so why fight it........:rolleyes:

Larianne wrote: »
    The Star pub in Swords open on Good Friday serving food only. Would many people go? I didn't think many pubs would do this?

ah i have seen a few do it beofre. handy for lunch where people would not be drinkin anyway i figure.

i would reckon pubs that had a good lunch trade would open up.

i could be wrong but i reckon pubs like blue bar, stoop, harbour bar will not close but will still sell food.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

ah i have seen a few do it beofre. handy for lunch where people would not be drinkin anyway i figure.

i would reckon pubs that had a good lunch trade would open up.

i could be wrong but i reckon pubs like blue bar, stoop, harbour bar will not close but will still sell food.

Ah right. I don't think I've seen it before or maybe just never noticed it before.

Jeasus its Good Friday and there is no way I would have pubs open. Have to say I dont drink but used to and Easter Saturday night was a good night out. We here so much of our dangerous drinking habits and once pubs open for food it will then be wine with food, then pints and then pubs giving plates of chips or cocktail sausages for 1 cent so you can have a few pints.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Some of the team played with sNOwballs yesterday from what I heard.

Yeah it was a right old cock up:)
    The miles are starting to show on a few clocks. Few players looked tired. Should have emptied the bench much earlier to give lads a run.

LeoB wrote: »
    Jeasus its Good Friday and there is no way I would have pubs open. Have to say I dont drink but used to and Easter Saturday night was a good night out. We here so much of our dangerous drinking habits and once pubs open for food it will then be wine with food, then pints and then pubs giving plates of chips or cocktail sausages for 1 cent so you can have a few pints.

sure its illegal anyway to serve booze. but if your pub sold good food. you can open as far as i know to serve food only. you wont be legally allowed to serve alcohol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Listening to NPR's Car Talk and one of their callers is ringing from Lusk, Wyoming. :D

• Advertisement

Meant to p0st this earlier...... all the parking meters in the train station in rush and lusk were broken into. except for one down the back on the rush side of the station. i reckon the clampers will have a field day as that meter is still operational. so be careful

Advertisement