Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

The locally based 2 Stroke Racing Supporters Club arehaving a post race session in The Coast Inn with music by local 125 racer Ciaran Donnelly's band 'Equipped' - from 9pm - €10 on the door.
    Everybody Welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks Nodster. I copied that to the Events thread too.

Sitting outside a bar in Bern reading my paper & enjoying a few pints of cider & just noticed that the pen I used for my crossword has started to melt in the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

well just back from spain!! and its a stark difference. 36 when i left, 17 when i arrived back. ( i mean degrees not age as that would be a miracle!)

i like the heat but there is nothing like getting back into your own bed on a rainy night!!!

I hope that you had a nice holiday. Welcome back.

We've had 30C+ here for over 2 weeks now & I've hardly slept. Temps have been up to 25C overnight. That's all very well if you are on hols, can lie in of a morning & can pop into a pool whenever you like. But when you need to be up & at it in the oifig for 7am - it ain't fun. :(

I can't wait to get home on Friday & into my own cool bed for a decent night's sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Speaking of holidays; Leo B must be on one hasn't been seen around these parts in a while.

i hate sleeping in the heat. the gf loves it. electric blanket ( i kid you not) in the summer time......

have not been on here in about 2 weeks but have not seen his name in the main forum so i suppose he is awol. i am still getting my post so....... ( a bill today!!!! he told me he was still hiding them , so maybe it was a new person!!)

no holidays for a while now but a load of weddings so they will be a few weekends away , not very relaxing though. i have one in ploand in septemebr and looking forward to that. i hear polish weddings can be very good fun!!!

anyone ever been to polish wedding?

just remebered i think leo said he was going to italy.

just in case anyone is interested........

with the anti graffiti buzz that was going on in her a while back, i was in the cinema today and there was an ad on beofre the film about fines in fingal if you caught graffiting

i thought it was good. show they are trying to advertise where the people who graffiti may be watching.

that is all for now...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Martron wrote: »
    just in case anyone is interested........

with the anti graffiti buzz that was going on in her a while back, i was in the cinema today and there was an ad on beofre the film about fines in fingal if you caught graffiting

i thought it was good. show they are trying to advertise where the people who graffiti may be watching.

that is all for now...........

We had an estate cleanup recently. Many of the adult volunteers are also volunteers with a local youthclub. So they went around the estate with brushes and paint and the kids from the club painted over their own graffiti. So far (fingers crossed) we haven't had it reappearing on the newly painted walls. :D

• Advertisement

i really think it has been nipped in the bud. i have not noticed any large amounts of it reappearing anywhere in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just want to congratulate fellow North County Dubliner, Ginny on her engagement! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Congratulations Ginny!

Congrats.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Well done!:)

Congrats Ginny, always nice to see good news.

was in the library. lovely building.

libraries have changed since i used to go to them. you can borrow video games!!!

anyway they did a great job and the staff are very friendly too

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

was in the library. lovely building.

libraries have changed since i used to go to them. you can borrow video games!!!

anyway they did a great job and the staff are very friendly too

This the Rush Library? I read somewhere about it. I think the Irish Times magazine or something.

I live really near a library. I should check it out for books. I'll be back studying medical books soon enough!!

yep rush library.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

While I am quick to critise Fingal C.C they must be complimented on a wonderful project.

The history that building has is amazing so its very appropriate that it is a place to study, read and learn.
    I was christened there and made my First communion and confirmation there. My sisters wedding was the last there IIRC about 1985. The building was constructed around 1760 so has been around for some big events in Irish history, Not to mention the campaign to save it back in the 1980s when people occupied it and had all sorts of protests

Staff are very nice also.

F.C.C take a bow

• Advertisement

ah leo you are back.

there is a small section at the top of the library with old photos and what not. very interesting to see that.

lovely buildding i will definately be using it .

ah leo you are back.

there is a small section at the top of the library with old photos and what not. very interesting to see that.

lovely buildding i will definately be using it .

Bonjourno?
    Yeah back to reality. Knew I was home when we broke thro the clouds and it was still gray!! Sorry folks but 40 for the last few days was just way to hot.

Its a big regret I have is not always having a camera with me at work. Rush has changed so much over the last 30 years. Will be in the Library during the week but am sure I have seen any of the photos that are there.
    Took this a few months ago before it was opened and was delighted to see the effort that went in to retaining as much as possible of the building as local people will remember it.
    [EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]4823203221_054f5a626b.jpg[/EMAIL]">

Its amazing to go in the confession box where many a poor fckr had to admit to cursing or cuddling and now listen to music with all sorts of suggestive lyrics:)

Will post a few photos next week

Speaking of holidays; Leo B must be on one hasn't been seen around these parts in a while.

Off running about Lake Garda again. Missed a few good wins for Maurs Frank. We are looking good for play-off spot to get to A.F.L 1

Have to agree with H.B its no joke the heat on the continent at the moment. Actually I think its quite warm here at present. Ok we aint quite got the sunshine but it was a relief to get off the plane in Dublin and get a good Irish breeze into the lungs.

Did anyone see the steam engines heading south on the N1 yesterday from Balrothery? The toddler nearly passed out from the excitement.

These are the days I wish I had my camera firmly attached to my hip rather than a toddler! :rolleyes:

The sun is splitting the rocks here in Switzerland today. BBQ (beef, horse & bison) & beers later.

Hope you are all enjoying your Bank Holiday back home.

It's a bit in-between weather here. Threatening to rain from patchy dark clouds but some lovely blue sky can be seen behind. Enjoy!

Am chilling now looking at the snowy Eiger in the distance and sipping a beer. Alles güt. :)

Jeasus memories..... Sitting in Lauterbrunnen one evening having a Rugenbrau beer when a string of horse went by and we asked where they were going? The reply came "Dinner next week" I can assure you we lived on cerial and toast for the next few days.

We have just had a right haymaker here but Sun out now. Watched a great Doc on Sky last night about mountain climbing. Hard to believe some of the best climbers are from Holland, not exactly famous for its mountains.

Enjoy the BBQ there HB.

The Chocolate Calculator

This works ! some of you will discover how - I just think it is fun!

Don't tell me your age; you'd probably lie anyway-but the Hershey Man will know!

Your Age By Chocolate Maths
    This is pretty neat.
    Don't Cheat By Scrolling Down First!
    It takes less than a minute...
    Work this out as you read...
    Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
    This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun.

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate (more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50 --- I'll wait while you get the calculator

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1760...
    If you haven't, add 1759…

6... Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.

You should have a three digit number
    The first digit of this was your original number
    (i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week).

The next two numbers are

Your age! (Oh YES, it is!!!)

• Advertisement

thats very good.

i remeber a maths teacher giving this as our christmas test once . to work out the equation.

cant remeber what i got ........ but i knew my age!!!

Advertisement