Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Hill billy, not a good night for Young boys;).................

Beaten 4-0 by Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You could say that Young Boys got a good seeing to last night. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Hill Billy wrote: »
    You could say that Young Boys got a good seeing to last night. :p

*not sure whether he should report this post or not .......*

Martron wrote: »
    *not sure whether he should report this post or not .......*

No I better not say what I was going to say,
    Was Donal Og Cusack playing in goal for the young boys?

whats the story with the 40ft container parked on a trailer behind the millbank. blocking half the road. surely you just cant park them whereever you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Yeah you can if you been let do it for years! Hard to fit a 40ft in your driveway.

i was just in the library drove past it and thought to myself " hmmmm this cant be right"

never noticed it before.

yeah tradition seems to be a big rule breaker in ireland. like the whole farmers putting muck on the roads. they do it because they always have.

Nah the farmers putting muck on the roads is reportable. Risk of accidents and flooding. Same issues as buildings sites suffer.

whats the story with the 40ft container parked on a trailer behind the millbank. blocking half the road. surely you just cant park them whereever you want.

They are not there as often as they used to be. I actually havent seen them in quite a while. One driver can barely get his lorry to his house

got the train into town this morning. got the 7.54 train i think. was dreading it. was quite pleasant. ( well as pleasant as it gets i suppose)

is the train always that empty at that time? or did i get lucky?

• Advertisement

Wait till all the schools are back. From what I remember it was jammers and a health risk. People coughing and sneezing all over the place.

ah thats what it was!!!

oh jaysus the last one is desperate!!!!

oh jaysus the last one is desperate!!!!

So which chermist are ya going to try it out in? I will go to the other one accross the road.:D

We have a Humor forum for jokes. You can put them there.

Thanks,

HB

Ok H.B.

Just said to myself for the regulars that a little joke might lighten things up a little.

Feet up now for 2 hours to watch
    Ag dul I dthro a Cuig:)

LeoB wrote: »
    Ok H.B.

Just said to myself for the regulars that a little joke might lighten things up a little.
    No problem. If someone needs a diversion from the hot topics here, they should head off to another forum for a break.

God knows, but I need to do it myself more and more often these days. :)

is it just me or has the main forum got pretty heated the last while.

i know we have had a few hot topics in the last few months but the last few weeks seems to have got very intense in here.

p.s. was in Wroclaw poland over the weekend. very nice. was at a wedding. lovely experience.

Days are getting shorter, mood swings, jeasus could be a long winter. Moody shower of gits!!

Some good exchanges ok. H.B and Beasty are neck n neck for Nobel Peace prize. But who has who by the neck.

you commetating on a GAA match or something else? ha ha.

• Advertisement

http://www.jimcorr.com

I think he is in direct contact with some of the posters here.:D

I agree. It has been a bit more tense than usual. Probably due to a combination of there being a few emotive topics under discussion & also the fact that there are a few posters that are new to boards.ie & also DCN.

It can take some people time to realise that this isn't just a message board where they can come along & be 'keyboard warriors' - rather this is a community of users with a common interest in discussing topics relevant to DCN. Also, it can take time for established posters to get used to newcomers' posting styles. I'm not saying that forums users should agree with each other or back away from debate - far from it. But they should respect others' points of view & be civil in their discussions.

If I've been a bit 'testy' recently it is probably due to the volume of off-topic posting that has been going on. It ain't easy trying to keep threads tidy & it can take up quite a bit of a mod's time. Ie, personal time that could be better spent doing something else. Beasty is doing his best to restrain me from whipping out the ban-hammer. :)

i remember a while back you were toying with the idea of a ban-stick. but the ban hammer must be the working prototype.

It is bigger, faster & lasts a lot longer. :)

you could market that to other mods.

"the ban hammer, Bans faster, longer and HARDER!"

Following on from my earlier post - If you are finding DCN a bit hot & heavy, go have a root around some of the other fora for a bit of a break. I generally head to Humour/Nein 11, Astronomy & Space, the Food fora, Feedback & Help Desk (to make sure none of you are complaining about me :p).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Just stay away from the Accommodation & Property forum if you're looking for light relief - they'd eat you in there :eek:

KFC is due to open in the Pavilions next week - we'll all be happy bunnies then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Following on from my earlier post - If you are finding DCN a bit hot & heavy, go have a root around some of the other fora for a bit of a break. I generally head to Humour/Nein 11, Astronomy & Space, the Food fora, Feedback & Help Desk (to make sure none of you are complaining about me :p).

Ssssh! It's a secret!! ;)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

i remember a while back you were toying with the idea of a ban-stick. but the ban hammer must be the working prototype.
    To put it in perspective:

HB when wielding his banstick:

Banstick.jpg&t=1

This is him with the banhammer

banhammer.jpg

• Advertisement

LOL! Just took a swig of beer before looking at that and it is running out my nose now.

Advertisement