Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dubsontour

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Welcome! Feel free to start a thread on dogs on the beach if you'd like to get other posters' input.

Ok HB will do thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Uriel. wrote: »
    Coool It's going on my list of places to check out in DCN.

While on the eatery topic, does anyone know of a good Mexican Restaurant in DCN. WHile I love Cactus Jacks and Acalpulco in the city, I really don't want to have to go all the way in for some great Mexican food.

Cook it a lot at home, but it would be nice to get out and have someone else do the cooking for a change.

i know its still in town but have you tried Boojums.
    its a burrito place, actually opposite cactus jacks. lovely place. take away style.

and there is another place on camden street too. not sure there is anywhere out this way. not that i heard anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Martron wrote: »
    i know its still in town but have you tried Boojums.
    its a burrito place, actually opposite cactus jacks. lovely place. take away style.

and there is another place on camden street too. not sure there is anywhere out this way. not that i heard anyway

Hmmm, never even heard of it. Must check that out though, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Hey everyone.

I'm moving to DCN/Balbriggan soon enough so thought I'd say hi in here since we had a similar thing going over in Cork City forum! So Hi!

Hope to get to know some new people.

How is everyone in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Welcome! There will be a 'Beers' on October 1st in Balbriggan. Will you be local by then?

• Advertisement

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Welcome! There will be a 'Beers' on October 1st in Balbriggan. Will you be local by then?
    Thanks! - Yeah just replied to that thread. I'll be local next week but unfort on that Friday I won't be around! - about the only night haha.

Ah well, I'm sure more in the future :)

I take back what i previously said about the train in the morning!!!

People need to at least open the windows!!!

That is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I take back what i previously said about the train in the morning!!!

People need to at least open the windows!!!

That is all!

I used the train a few times and felt the last time it was death trap. Squashed like sardines and some fckr sneezing all over the place. No seats from Skerries on some trains and maybe further up the line.

All the more reason for people to use 33x bus service. My niece uses it and would never use the train again as she also saves on parking fee at train station

LeoB wrote: »
    I used the train a few times and felt the last time it was death trap. Squashed like sardines and some fckr sneezing all over the place. No seats from Skerries on some trains and maybe further up the line.

All the more reason for people to use 33x bus service. My niece uses it and would never use the train again as she also saves on parking fee at train station

how long does the 33 x take to get in?

i think i would put up with the train to guarentee a time in .

i agree the train is a biological health and safety disaster. to many bodily fuinctions in a crammed space is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

how long does the 33 x take to get in?

i think i would put up with the train to guarentee a time in .

i agree the train is a biological health and safety disaster. to many bodily fuinctions in a crammed space is not good.

My niece goes to I.F.S.C and it takes about 30 minutes. She leaves quite early some mornings but swears by this service.

• Advertisement

Does anyone talk in this thread :)

I'm after settling in quite well now in Balbriggan, liking the apartment too. Handy having the train into work in the morning too. No more driving!

Wouldn't mind getting to know a few people around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Haha, we do sometimes yeah :o

So busy few weeks for me have passed... became mod in photography (yay for free coke and hookers and that), am part of the team organising the Boards Photo Book (buy it!!!) and the DCN drink meet-up which was fun...

Like you read on the job thread, was made redundant from Renault yesterday, so friday will be my last working day for now... Ah well, sure other things will come my way! (and how much would I love for Mr. Cullen to come over and point at me stating "You're fired"... giggles... but he doens't work for HQ anymore, boooo).

So any news with yous?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I had some very nice chocolate cake this morning. This afternoon I'll be having some cheesecake. We like cake in the cycling forum, and when I get home tonight (after burning off 1,000+ calories on the commute), hopefully there will be a very big cake waiting for me (it needs to be big to get all the candles on;))

Beasty wrote: »
    I had some very nice chocolate cake this morning. This afternoon I'll be having some cheesecake. We like cake in the cycling forum, and when I get home tonight (after burning off 1,000+ calories on the commute), hopefully there will be a very big cake waiting for me (it needs to be big to get all the candles on;))

You mean.... Happy birthday to Beasty?? Is Mrs. Beasty making you all these cakes? Can we have some??

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

sNarah wrote: »
    You mean.... Happy birthday to Beasty?? Is Mrs. Beasty making you all these cakes? Can we have some??
    Thank You sNarah

I think the cakes wil be made by my good friends Spencer and Marks - you're welcome to some if you are ever in the Milverton area:)

(don't let on to RobFowl or bcmf though, as if they find out there will be none left)

sNarah - Sorry to hear about your redundancy. I hope that you pick something up soon.

Beasty - Frohes geburtstag!

Yeah Sarah sorry hear that! :(

Is everyone in North Dublin a mod or what ha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Happy Birthday Beasty!

Been very busy myself lately. There were 2 community meetings in Balbriggan last night which meant I could only go to one. Very frustrating - but the meeting about the public realm plan was quite interesting. The other half went to the other but couldn't take the negativity (and needed to let the babysitter go home) so they left early.

There's a big Halloween festival happening in Balbriggan next weekend. I should have the full details to post in the events thread later on today/tonight. Hopefully it will draw families into the town that don't normally head down.

Loathe as I am to mention the "C" word I'm already prepping the food here. I'm kind of wondering when I will dip my toes back into that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I'm a lot happier arriving into and leaving work these days since I changed from the M1 to the R108 through Ballyboughal & The Naul. I work at the airport and live in Balbriggan. J4 was driving me nuts in the morning on the M1. My fuel economy is better too and although it's a longer drive I don't mind as it's a lovely drive. The light in the mornings has been amazing. I'll stop one of these mornings with the camera.

Also preparing for the party to end all parties this Saturday. Can't wait :D

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Does anyone talk in this thread :)

See - we can get really off-topic when we put our minds to it ...:)

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Is everyone in North Dublin a mod or what ha :pac:

You're living with quality folk now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

and I should have added Happy Birthday Beasty

Happy Birthday Beasty!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Happy birthday Beasty. Speaking of cake, a friend in Holland who has a bakery sent me lots of chocolatey goodies and I've been baking up a storm this week :)

sNarah, commiserations on the job front - I hope you find a new job soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

DarrenG wrote: »
    I'm a lot happier arriving into and leaving work these days since I changed from the M1 to the R108 through Ballyboughal & The Naul. I work at the airport and live in Balbriggan. J4 was driving me nuts in the morning on the M1. My fuel economy is better too and although it's a longer drive I don't mind as it's a lovely drive. The light in the mornings has been amazing. I'll stop one of these mornings with the camera.

Also preparing for the party to end all parties this Saturday. Can't wait :D

Ssssh it's a secret! ;)

Not that big a secret... I'm there every single morning and what, with the detour of Rolestown the road get's well busy these days!!

Details up on the events thread for the Halloween Festival Lads! :D

Anyone going out for Halloween?

Much happening in Balbriggan I wonder? :)

sNarah wrote: »
    Not that big a secret... I'm there every single morning and what, with the detour of Rolestown the road get's well busy these days!!

Jaysus, t was bloody nightmare this morning! M1 crash, adding to more delays then usual + crash at Blake's Cross, which is a pain on any day, so the back roads were well busy again!

Not sure about Halloween, they built a massive fire on the Naul-Balbriggan road (near Delahacey) and up where I am, there have been plenty of bonfires alit for the last couple of weeks!

• Advertisement

There's a show going on down at George's Square on Halloween night. See the events thread for more information.

The kids finish for mid term tomorrow and are back in school on November 1st unusually so I'm hoping that the levels of hijinx will be down on Sunday night. Our smallie & not so smallie will be tucked up in bed by 9pm at the latest due to early starts on the Monday for school.

Advertisement