Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

sNarah wrote: »
    + crash at Blake's Cross,

A cyclist was knocked down

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Very nice

How's everyone this evening? - I had a long night last night. 9am I arrived in home from neighbours 21st!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Very nice
    I had a long night last night. 9am I arrived in home from neighbours 21st!

Thats a good session you had, I would say I feel a little better than your good self this evening.

I am tip top after my walk in Ardgillen. For pennance you do 2 laps of the park tomorrow:D

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Very nice
    I had a long night last night. 9am I arrived in home from neighbours 21st!

Thats a good session you had, Oh to be 20 or 21 again. I would say I feel a little better than your good self this evening.

I am tip top after my walk in Ardgillen. For pennance you do 2 laps of the park tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

LeoB wrote: »
    Thats a good session you had, Oh to be 20 or 21 again. I would say I feel a little better than your good self this evening.

Yeah it was a great night though. Plenty food and drink.

Waste of a day though, 7pm I got up!

I'd love to for a walk. Might do it when I get up to Balbriggan again. Back home in Kerry at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Couldnt find or spot H.B anywhere
    I was winging my way to Genf to head back to work.
    Am on mobile, but will move pics to the right thread in the morning.

Thanks Leo!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hill Billy wrote: »
    ...will move pics to the right thread in the morning.

Done

Thanks Beasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Relevant posts moved from zombie abduction thread.

HB

Thanks, I got confused by the Zombie reference, I thought somehow the Zombie(there is one) forum had got some posts. Slightly off thread now but to avoid further confusion any chance of a jargon buster guide? Maybe other mods have drawn up one, explaining trepanning(my dictionary says drilling a hole in your skull to relieve pressure), flaming, trolling etc I still think a troll is a creature from scandanavian folklore. Noticed some of the younger mods like yourself are more up to date with these terms than myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Trolls are bellends who make inflammatory posts with the intent of getting a rise out of another forum user, they then feed on the reaction and make further annoying posts, hence the term 'Dont feed the troll,' If you suspect someones a troll, report the post.

You should also try googling terms youre not familiar with.

• Advertisement

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Noticed some of the younger mods like yourself...
    LOL!!! I'd imagine that I'd be one of the older Mods actually. :D

If you're looking for a glossary of terms/jargon buster/whatever - maybe ask in the Feedback forum. Or maybe check out the biki (boards.ie wiki).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭poochierockz

I am tip top after my walk in Ardgillen.

Hiya! Just moved here to Balbriggan.. on Drogheda street. How can I get to Ardgillen without a car? Is it a super far walk from the town centre? I used to go with my ex and I loved it and would love to go for weekly walks there but he drove so I haven't a clue on how to reach it! :confused:

It's not too far. Head towards Skerries on the coast road for around 2km until you come to The Lady's Stairs (a footbridge across the railway line) & you can enter the park there.

So folks - what the hell is it with all these threads about lost dogs & cats in DCN? Has one of you taken a sudden interest in Korean cookery? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i was just thinking the same thing.

mind you there is nothing like the taste of a freshly roasted cat. :D

It's not too far. Head towards Skerries on the coast road for around 2km until you come to The Lady's Stairs (a footbridge across the railway line) & you can enter the park there.

Thanks!! I just checked Google's walking distance there and it says it takes about an hour and 20 mins! Would have gotten a nice long walk in there already by the time I got there! :D

That walking distance is probably Balbriggan to Balrothery to Blackhills (Ardgillan).

From George's Square it should take no more than 30 mins to The Lady's Stairs.

Here you go...

132464.JPG

ahhh fantastic thanks a million for that!

it was the same road and direction I was lookin at but it added the extra distance to walk around ardgillen into the main entrance im assuming..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

If you're coming from Balbriggan / Skerries and don't want the trek to get there you could always take the 33 Dublin Bus and get off at the stop outside of Lady's Stairs.

It's a pity the NIFTI transport bus is finished for the winter. There was a free service from Balbriggan Library directly to Ardgillan over the summer and it was brilliant.

Eoineo wrote: »
    If you're coming from Balbriggan / Skerries and don't want the trek to get there you could always take the 33 Dublin Bus and get off at the stop outside of Lady's Stairs.

It's a pity the NIFTI transport bus is finished for the winter. There was a free service from Balbriggan Library directly to Ardgillan over the summer and it was brilliant.

Great thanks!! Might use that on days I'm too lazy to walk there.
    That bus in the summer sounds great.. Tis a shame its not running anymore as I'm jobless and the free service would have defo helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

So ... I started a new job yesterday.... and lasted 1.5 hrs! :o

my agency rang me last week for a position in a call centre using my Dutch, doing mystery shopping over the phone... So I asked them 7 times, just make sure it's no cold calling or telemarketing, or I'm not doing it (it's the ONE thing I refuse to work at!!)

Arrived yesterday... turned out to be cold calling! So still did it for an hour or so, and then left with tears in my eyes :o

Sorry to hear that. Chin up! :)

Sorry to hear that. Chin up! :)
    Ah no worries at all - I was actually very proud of myself! Agency got me working tomorrow and friday in Navan in admin, so happy enough!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Aw sNarah, that's awful. Hope the Navan job is much better. My daughter did quite a bit of temping a few years ago and you do get the odd stinky one.

sNarah wrote: »
    So ... I started a new job yesterday.... and lasted 1.5 hrs! :o

my agency rang me last week for a position in a call centre using my Dutch, doing mystery shopping over the phone... So I asked them 7 times, just make sure it's no cold calling or telemarketing, or I'm not doing it (it's the ONE thing I refuse to work at!!)

Arrived yesterday... turned out to be cold calling! So still did it for an hour or so, and then left with tears in my eyes :o

Fair play to you. Hope all goes well in Navan.

Navan only an hour from Dublin.

We had one girl who came to work with us a few years ago at christmas and she lasted about 15minutes when she saw the postbike. She went for pkt of cigs and that was it!! Gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Heard Ollies is showing the fight tonight, if anyone has been in since sunday, can you confirm??

Would be my preference of a pub to watch it in, beer, wings, boxing and a laugh with the staff, fingers crossed the lad who told me is telling the truth.

Hey guys,

We over at the photography forum are launching our yearly photobook this Saturday over at Dublin Camera Club, this Saturday at 8 PM, so I would herewith like to extend a warm invitation to all of you NCD'ers!

More details on http://boardsphotobook.wordpress.com/press-release/

And also feel free to buy some copies :o

Hope to see some of you there, myself, DarrenG & KintaroHattori will be representing NCD!

• Advertisement

So the launch went well, great turn out!

Got a new job too :) delighted!

Somehow I find myself teaching these days! In the Centre for European Schooling in Dunshaughlin - a nice way of using my languages, and finally something that is much more fulfilling! have 2 kiddo's for beginners French, a Dutch kiddo in primary 3rd year and one in transitition year and 2 Irish kiddies who I'm teaching Dutch! Happy days!

Advertisement