Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Congratulations! - it's nice to hear some good news for a change rather than the constant doom and gloom!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Congrats sNarah!

So folks, is there much snow back home?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hill Billy wrote: »

More like a covering of hail than snow, but everywhere is white yep. The dog doesnt like it :D

In my thermals over here. Snow,snow and more snow. Off to the Alps tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Forecast is something betwen -4 and -10 for tonight with a very cold day forecast for tomorrow.

Jeasus I just looked out in the Garden and the snow is pelting down. Out with my camera tomorow morning:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

had not looked out the window all night . read your post and was pleasntly suprised. see how long the novelty lasts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It was fun driving to south tonight and back again. Bit of drunk person dodging too on the way in city centre :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Congrats sNarah!

We're snowed in!
    No grid neither.

Had to go via Balbriggan to return home from Stamullen as the Snowtown hill is undoable in a 2-wheel-drive! Lads were sideways up there last night, same for Naul hill.

Ah well, happy days avoiding ditches!
    (unlike last year when we DID end up in one!!)

Tis a bit wintery here in Bern today.

137558.png

(Those tables were clear of snow this morning!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I see you've had a bit of a flurry there all right :D
    Bet it hasn't ground Switzerland to a halt though!

• Advertisement

It has been snowing hard all day. I've never seen it this bad over here and everything is running like cuckoo-clockwork.

It has been snowing hard all day. I've never seen it this bad over here and everything is running like cuckoo-clockwork.

The BF keeps telling me "How did you ever cope in Belgium, it snows there every year!?" (re. my nearing mental breakdown because of driving/walking in this weather)

My answer: Well, in whole my life, big snow every year, I've NEVER driven or walked on snow because the country is so well prepared for it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spidermany

I think I'd give up smoking Hill Billy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

YAY! Back home in my own bed this evening!! Fecking exhausted from sleeping on peoples floors/couches and trying to navigate around town without creaming myself on the paths/roads.

Larianne wrote: »
    YAY! Back home in my own bed this evening!! Fecking exhausted from sleeping on peoples floors/couches and trying to navigate around town without creaming myself on the paths/roads.

What ;);)

Paths were awful ok:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LittleFoot1

I am dying for a night out. I am so annoyed the venue cancelled last wednesday
    :wave:

Better not do it again this week

Taxi rip off last night...

DarrenG was charged €30 and me €40 from Drogheda to the Brig and Clonalvy respectively. I normally pay around €20-€25 so I'd think maybe a tad extra for treacherous roads up here (yes still) so where it the other extra tenner coming from??

Budget? Petrol increase? Did taxi fares go up by that much really?

Plus I had to listen to him give out about bleedin foreigners (I kept silent :)) and rogues in the trade and how they work 90hrs for €500 a week and so on and so on.... GAH!

/rant over

sNarah wrote: »
    Taxi rip off last night...

DarrenG was charged €30 and me €40 from Drogheda to the Brig and Clonalvy respectively. I normally pay around €20-€25 so I'd think maybe a tad extra for treacherous roads up here (yes still) so where it the other extra tenner coming from??

Budget? Petrol increase? Did taxi fares go up by that much really?

Plus I had to listen to him give out about bleedin foreigners (I kept silent :)) and rogues in the trade and how they work 90hrs for €500 a week and so on and so on.... GAH!

/rant over

€70 is a bit steep. Did you share the same Taxi? Last week a woman was charged €30 from Rush to Balbriggan which I thought was over the top.

Without anyone calling me a racist from what I hear and a few bits I see there are a lot of rogue Taxi drivers on the roads and they are mainly non nationals. Heard 1 story on R.T.E recently where a taxi driver was coming by Heuston station and he let a car out into the traffic. Much to his amazment it was a clone of his car, Toyota Avensis, same colour, same Reg, same taxi licence number. He followed it for a while and despite calling the Gardái he got no assistance. A lot of non-nationals share cars for the work (as do some Irish drivers) but it seems to have got out of hand. I spoke to a kenyan man, also a Taxi driver who said it was quite common and as a result the genuine non national taxi men are getting a hard time.

I saw 1 taxi driver being challenged about this in Rush as he went for his social welfare payment by a Dublin Taxi man who devoured him. The Dublin man accused him of all kinds of things from fraud to not having insurance/insurance void and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i could be worng about this as i have not got a taxiin a while but. you can get a reciept and then if there is anything strange you can contact the taxi regulator.

althought the roads are dangerous. they should technically not drive them instead of charging you more.

Consumer Affairs forum? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Sorry to take it away from taxi drivers, but does anyone know if Moti Mahal have any kind of control over their deliveries?! I love their food, but every SINGLE time we've ordered from them, they've left something out. There's never a receipt in the bag either, to check, so what are they doing? :(:(:( Nicest Indian in the town and they're doing themselves out of future business because of sloppiness :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Actually. In the vein of the last few posts. We had chinese delivered on Friday (Balbriggan) and it was delivered by a taximan.

BroomBurner - Have you asked the restaurant directly? They'd be in a better position to answer or do something about it than a DCN boardsie

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

For anyone thinking of going to JC's don't unless you have to, it's bedlam there, the car park is full, the aisles are heaving with pallets of stuff being unpacked, and every single till bar two is open and the queues are long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Stheno wrote: »
    For anyone thinking of going to JC's don't unless you have to, it's bedlam there, the car park is full, the aisles are heaving with pallets of stuff being unpacked, and every single till bar two is open and the queues are long.

Bargains must be great this week!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There must have been a run on the slippers with led lights :D

http://www.jcsupermarket.ie/images/13Dec10.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Never knew there was a website! OMG! :pac:

OMG I've just seen the slippers. Seriously, laughing my ass off here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

BroomBurner - Have you asked the restaurant directly? They'd be in a better position to answer or do something about it than a DCN boardsie

Yep, have mentioned it a couple of times. Even include the "don't forget the naan bread" when ordering, just in case! Doesn't seem to make a difference. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Yep, have mentioned it a couple of times. Even include the "don't forget the naan bread" when ordering, just in case! Doesn't seem to make a difference. :(

Did you ring back and get them to deliver what they left out at their own expense? I am surprise with such poor service your are still ordering from them.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    Never knew there was a website! OMG! :pac:

OMG I've just seen the slippers. Seriously, laughing my ass off here!!

Oh yes, if you don't get a flyer through your door you can simply view it online:)
    They have a Facebook page too.
    I saw the slippers on display in the shop on Thursday night but alas the lights weren't working :(

Advertisement