Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,787 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Admin descision on Regional forum structure when they expanded the old 'East' forum some years ago. Seamus may have been the one who set it up at the time. I think it is to allow for expansion of the fora at that level.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I seem to remember that there was a Dublin15 option that popped out along with the second DCN option until a couple of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I seem to remember that there was a Dublin15 option that popped out along with the second DCN option until a couple of years ago.

D15 is in the Dublin West menu now, does mean they can add a Balbriggan/Swords sub forum if anyone gets it passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

We're never letting you goooOOOOoooo.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Found this link which will intert the Rushians

http://www.rushcoco.ie/events/

Nice designed site but needs to be updated more regularly but at least I now know who are on Rush Community Council and its various committees. Only took me 2 years:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Corsendonk wrote: »
    D15 is in the Dublin West menu now, does mean they can add a Balbriggan/Swords sub forum if anyone gets it passed.

Well there's room for it now.
    Things are getting confusing.... I live in Swords in County Dublin but in the part that is called Fingal and I'm in with Dublin West for general elections.....
    I see they're once again looking into bringing in postcodes - that'll either clear things up or confuse us even more :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It was funny coming up to the elections going through River Valley and it had all these politician people that I'd never really heard of. Madness!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Our other mod has a new moniker - apparently he's unique;)

I'm now looking for an opportunity to get "TBH THB" into a thread:)

You noticed! :D

tHB

I noticed it there a minute ago too - strange the things that register isn't it? Does this mean you're an actual hillbilly now - should we expect duelling banjos?

• Advertisement

I've been a hill billy for years. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Alright, own up, who's been organising this fine weather in NCD?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'll accept responsibility for the next hour or so, but then will be handing the baton over to someone else ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Eh, Its fairly piddling down at the moment.

Beasty dropped the baton. :(

Larianne wrote: »
    Beasty dropped the baton. :(
    No, no, no - you've got it all wrong. The sun was shining when I handed it over to Leo around 5pm ....;)

In fact, I think we should create a new Forum rule - whoever makes the first post in this thread after the weather turns bad gets blamed ....

The secret is to not mention the good weather, because then it turns bad..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've just heard they've taken the roads in! :pac:

Happy Swiss National to you all!
    It is like St Patrick's Day, but everything is red & white, & no fun.

No fun? Can't you teach 'em? :pac:

• Advertisement

I've been doing my damndest. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You'd think Bryan would have brought it to Balbriggan considering that's where he grew up in the early days.... never forget your roots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Bluetonic wrote: »
    You'd think Bryan would have brought it to Balbriggan considering that's where he grew up in the early days.... never forget your roots!
    But he play's for Skerries Harps. If anything surley the good gentle folk of Lusk and Rush should feel aggrieved as they had to go through there to get to Skerries.

Pointless/Off-topic posts moved from Sam in Skerries thread.

See these?
    handbags.jpg
    Put them away.

If you have a problem with a post - report it.

tHB

Those bags are the most hideous bags I've ever seen!! And bags are my thing! :eek:

So, it's been tried and failed before - what say you on a beers for the DCN forum?

Go for it. The last beers were in Balbriggan & not well attended (despite great efforts by the organiser ;)).

I'd suggest a new thread & we can sticky it.

A while back I was coming down an escalator in the Pavilions and saw someone reading boards on their work PC, someone working for a TV company...was lacking in handbags, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Just back from the Open Day at Balbriggan Garda Station. It was jammers! Queues out the door for mugshots and fingerprinting but plenty of info available for those who wanted it. Also loads of Garda vehicles, mounted Gardai & dogs. Very positive way to show all the family how a Garda Station works.

Tomorrow there is an accident simulation in the Church Carpark in association with the RSA and If today is anything to go by it should be pretty good. Especially if the weather holds.

Was at a pub/table quiz the other night (in Lusk Soccer Club), it was for a very young couple whose baby only survived a few weeks days after being born. The quiz was for equipment for the children's hospital, apparently over €2,800 was raised, (they need around 20k) the organiser was only expecting to get a third of that on the night. Great community spirit even in these troubled times. :) Not that you could doubt NCD's ability to help out.

(Apologies if this is the wrong thread)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

PaulD77 wrote: »
    What a few days. Was on the TV at the end of the match celebrating. Spent the night in the club celebrating. Then Monday, the missus, Caroline Lacey, from the Grill @ Ollies Place did the food for the team when they arrived in the clubhouse. Of course this opportunity was too good to be missed, so I appointed meself and me mate head of catering. We got in the clubhouse with the team and management before they went out on the pitch(Small cameo in the video above :D). Shook hands and congratualted every one of them. I was in GAA heaven.
    Then Tuesday, went down to collect the trays from the food and Bryan was there with Sam, so went straight back home, got the kids(into their Dubs gear) and went back down to get the photos down.
    It was great to see the amount of people coming into the club to get pics taken. GAA folk or not, everyone was welcome.
    Harper!?! Is that you?
    Not like you to be plugging The Grill @Ollies Place run by Caroline Lacey

Advertisement