Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

bcmf wrote: »
    Harper!?! Is that you?
    Not like you to be plugging The Grill @Ollies Place run by Caroline Lacey

This is the second time I answered you on this, yes it is me. I have no problem with people knowing who I am. And of course Im gonna plug our family business...

I dont really see what your problem is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I should have added a smiley to the end of my post as it wasnt meant as as dig.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

bcmf wrote: »
    I should have added a smiley to the end of my post as it wasnt meant as as dig.

Apologies, I thought it was actually. I thought you had a dig previously too about the same thing. Again, apologies.

Friends? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Sure why not and for the record the food at The Grill @Ollies is great.:D

Had to get that in there before the Boards police delete the off topic posts.;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

listen-to-radio-old-man.jpg

One of the DCN mods demonstrating what it was like to use the internet back the pre-dial-up days in 1849. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Black Oil wrote: »

One of the DCN mods demonstrating what it was like to use the internet back the pre-dial-up days in 1849. ;)
    I can confirm it's not me ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,787 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

9600 baud - it was bitching! And when they brought out the new Skype handset - well I just had to get one!

old+wall+phone.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dad lost his wedding ring on Wednesday. Asked up in JCs had a man's wedding ring been handed in. No luck. The girl said you'd be lucky to find it. These days people would keep it and sell it for money. :( My mother was up in the store yesterday and enquired to the same girl about a product. She remembered my mam and said she thought a ring was found by the cleaners. And sure enough, it was. My Dad got his ring back! :D

So fair play to the cleaners of JC's in Swords.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Bet you have some amazing apps on that yolk, tHB.

The graphics are a bit 'wooden'.

• Advertisement

I just read this on the Balbriggan Cinema Facebook page:

"Hi All... **** 2 for 1 on all TICKETS TONIGHT ****"

I'm embarrassed to say that I read the asterisks as expletives & came up with something entirely different than was actually meant. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Your chance to win a bit of heaven.

https://www.jackandjillraffle.org/index.php?pt=prize

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Corsendonk
    Closed Account
    :eek:

Thanks for all your contributions to the forum Corsendonk - you have been an absolute mine of useful (and occasionally not so useful;)) information. Very sad to see you go, but hopefully you'll be back in a new guise before too long.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I hope you're back soon too Corsendonk, I'll miss you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I'll miss you too Corsendonk. Always enjoyed your input. Never more so then around election time. Hope you are back soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Beasty wrote: »

Thanks for all your contributions to the forum Corsendonk - you have been an absolute mine of useful (and occasionally not so useful;)) information. Very sad to see you go, but hopefully you'll be back in a new guise before too long.

Ah Fcuk.
    I dont know Corsendonk but He or She knows me which has had me wondering quite a bit when I hand someone a parcel is this them?

The contributions have been superb and very informative with some tremendous posts on a wide variety topics. I sincerley hope Corsendonk comes back in some guise.
    I hope you're back soon too Corsendonk, I'll miss you.

Most people who like a good argument will miss Corsendonk. Now where is the sherry Im going on a bender!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sad to report Shags has now closed down. Another victim of the recession :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Sad to report Shags has now closed down.

And Matthews Bar on New Street, Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

Very sad about the closures in Skerries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Oh yeah, I'm gone too :rolleyes:
    I live back in Belgium now, and himself is moving there with me and learning the lingo!

• Advertisement

Would like to give a shout out of thanks to the paramedics who brought my mother to hospital last week. :) Ambulance was deployed from Swords.

Best wishes to your Mum for a speedy recovery.

tHB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I hope your mother's on the mend Black Oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Folks, I dropped into the Garda station last night to pick up some forms etc., but I wanted to ask some questions about them so I hung around.

You can't *NOT* hear the people being seen to before you, but I just wanted to forward on the info to anyone who lives locally or attends the club.

A guy came in to report his car was broken into while he was at the Naul FC, and two other cars that he knew of were broken into. His iPhone was stolen, but he didnt know what else was stolen from the other cars, or indeed how many others had been hit.

The Garda took information from him, but told him never to leave phones, wallets etc, or anything of value in his car again. I'm just firing this up here so everyone to warn anyone against keeping anything of value in their car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Abi wrote: »
    Folks, I dropped into the Garda station last night to pick up some forms etc., but I wanted to ask some questions about them so I hung around.

You can't *NOT* hear the people being seen to before you, but I just wanted to forward on the info to anyone who lives locally or attends the club.

A guy came in to report his car was broken into while he was at the Naul FC, and two other cars that he knew of were broken into. His iPhone was stolen, but he didnt know what else was stolen from the other cars, or indeed how many others had been hit.

The Garda took information from him, but told him never to leave phones, wallets etc, or anything of value in his car again. I'm just firing this up here so everyone to warn anyone against keeping anything of value in their car.

Unfortunately it's that time of year again where these individuals can operate under the cover of darkness. It was endemic in NCD last year and seems to have started again.

Previous threads on the problem.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71070970

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71031835

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64732894

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Beasty wrote: »

Do you know that if you want a nick change you have to pay boards 5 euro, much simpler to close your account and open up a new account after a suitable period of time if your not surgically attached to your post count.:pac: I think the new nick suits me more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Do you know that if you want a nick change you have to pay boards 5 euro, much simpler to close your account and open up a new account after a suitable period of time if your not surgically attached to your post count.:pac: I think the new nick suits me more.

Welcome back!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Such a cheap skate! :p

Was just speaking to LeoB earlier and said I thought it wouldn't be long before you're back ;)

• Advertisement

Welcome back Cardinal. Does this mean there's to be an inquisition?

Advertisement