Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Welcome back Cardinal. Does this mean there's to be an inquisition?

Only for the poster that called me a cheap skate:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

:pac: I think the new nick suits me more.
    Ah No way
    Welcome back!! :)
    It cant be!!!
    Larianne wrote: »
    Such a cheap skate! :p
    Could be considering the shots he or she has popped over numerous threads
    Beasty wrote: »
    Was just speaking to LeoB earlier and said I thought it wouldn't be long before you're back ;)
    I hope it is Champ. See new thread about our (CHAMPION MOD)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

LeoB wrote: »
    I hope it is Champ. See new thread about our (CHAMPION MOD)
    That's old news LeoB. Even made the Fingal Independent. Didn't pick up my gold medal until last Sunday though:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Khannie wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why it's:

region->east->dublin county north->dublin county north

instead of just:

region->east->dublin county north

?

I often think about this type of thing when I log on here. You don't hear people saying 'I'm from DCN, me'. What happened to good old NCD? Bloomin' oppressed by DCN.

Splitters! :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This was the structure that was decided on when the East forum was expanded back in the day. It allows for expansion of the sub-fora if required, while maintaining the mid-level folder conventions.

Also, the fora don't necessarily correspond to defined 'political' regions - more just general locations. Eg, the 'political' region of Fingal is split across a number of fora - DCN, D15, DCW & probably part of Dublin City.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks, tHB. I wasn't really looking for a serious explanation as it was mentioned elsewhere in the thread, though do let us know if you ever run for office. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just noticed the sign "Easter Eggs coming to JCs on 21st December". :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Larianne wrote: »
    Just noticed the sign "Easter Eggs coming to JCs on 21st December". :pac:

I saw that earlier this week and nearly puked.

They were the same last year.

Whilst they have great offers, for core shopping they are not great on price for a lot of stuff I've found after price comparing.

You think the Easter Bunny would know better and hibernate, although maybe he feels he has to measure up to Rudolph and co.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

JC prided himself on having the first Easter eggs in before Christmas, and it looks as though the family are keeping up the tradition. :)

• Advertisement

NCDers, choc 'til you drop. :rolleyes::pac:

[/groan]

I couldn't quite post this in the Fave DCN pic, but I thought I'd pop it here instead. These are the trees outside my house in Switz this morning... :)

185858.jpg

Just leaving snowy Bern on my way home for Christmas. DCN - here I come!

Safe travels.

Does anyone here do the Christmas Day (?) swim? I've not been in the sea in ages.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hope you're home safe and sound HB.

Thanks - I am indeed. The last of the pressies bought already this morning & looking forward to a few scoops in Ollie's tomorrow night with family & friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Black Oil wrote: »
    Safe travels.

Does anyone here do the Christmas Day (?) swim? I've not been in the sea in ages.

You gonna try it this year? My friend does it every year, up at Gormanstown beach (I think). Nut jobs. :pac:

If I do, I'll be one of the ones turning orange/blue due to the cold, :rolleyes: though it doesn't seem too cold this year.

The timing of tHB's return is suspicious. He could in fact be the DCN Santa. If so, shall we leave anything out for yourself and Rudolph, tHB?

Ho! Ho! Ho! ;)

Aon sneachta?

• Advertisement

Kein schnee.
    But am in Dublin Airport heading back to -17C.
    Brrrrrrrrr!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Have heard this weekend how cold it is in Zürich, you better wrap up warm.

They reckon if the cold snap continues, some of the smaller lakes will freeze over by the end of the week.

Have you packed your ice skates? :D

Jaysus! Just back in my apartment. Fffffrrreeezzzziiiinnnngggg!

No ice skates, but looking forward to sledging in 2 weeks time. :)

What's the coldest you've been over there? Think we've really escaped compared to most of Europe.

Previously the lowest temp I was in here was -16C & sunny with no wind. Tonight was -17C & a bit breezy (20kph). It made a big difference. Still - everything works & it really is just a minor inconvenience. Tomorrow we are due to have -23C.

Edit: -18C right now & time to head off to work. Brrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Previously the lowest temp I was in here was -16C & sunny with no wind. Tonight was -17C & a bit breezy (20kph). It made a big difference. Still - everything works & it really is just a minor inconvenience. Tomorrow we are due to have -23C.

Edit: -18C right now & time to head off to work. Brrrr!

Last year when we came to a standstill with -14 I actually didnt find it that cold, and I am outdoors every day, it was more crisp whereas some mornings over the last 2 weeks there has been a chilling wind which I felt was colder yet it was only -1 or -2.

Safe sledging HB

It was -15C a while ago when I was on my way home & it wasn't that uncomfortable, but the wind was non-existent.

Thanks Leo. Have a trip planned in a couple of weeks. Fondue & schnapps session booked afterwards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

I hear you might have a warmer -3C tomorrow in Switzerland.
    One less layer needed, perhaps.. :D

First BBQ of the season today, not here, but got the smell from across the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Black Oil wrote: »
    First BBQ of the season today, not here, but got the smell from across the road.
    Fired up 2 of my disposables from the shed which I had set aside for the big freeze yesterday. ;) It really heralds a change in the seasons to smell lots of them in the neighbourhood though. That and a glut of icecream vans....

Advertisement