Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Went to see "Dial M for Murder" on Saturday night in the Millbank Theatre in Rush. Quality!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Oh, as in an adaptation of the Hitchcock film?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Oh, as in an adaptation of the Hitchcock film?

I imagine its the original play that was then adapted by the playwright Frederick Knott into the script for Dial M for Murder.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Heh, I should have figured it was something original before reaching the big screen. Still, guess it says something that it can have an impact many years later.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Back home after two weeks travelling for work, can't beat it :)

Two months of home to look forward to :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Stheno wrote: »
    Back home after two weeks travelling for work, can't beat it :)

Two months of home to look forward to :)

It's tough at the top eh?

Two months at home and no work would be even nicer though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Any pubs in Balbriggan have Mutv for the Barca v United game this evening would anyone know?

So, a few weeks back I get on a bus that I think is the 33, except it's not. It was at the 33 stop, the digital display said a 33 was due in less than 5 minutes, but I didn't check the front of the bus. :o Sober as a judge, btw, 4pm.

Grand, head along anyway...get to Swords, cue interesting detour, turn a left just near Airside, there's me thinking 'this is an interesting 33'. A little bit later I hop off, walk back into where I know a 33 will be, less than 10 mins later one shows up. :)

Dublin Bus 1
    Me 0

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That'll learn ya! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

A 41c that was. But sure you didn't miss your 33 bus so I don't think Dublin Bus won. Tried to though :pac:

• Advertisement

Going to check Google Maps to see where I was. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What is the madness with junction four of the M1? I was driving from Balbriggan to Swords yesterday and as you head down towards Swords they seem to have a left hand and a right hand turn now for Balbriggan?

Walked past Brendan Glesson at the train station on Saturday. They were making a filum.

DCN folk looking forward to Winter? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

"Looking forward" ... ???
    It is already here.
    View from my apartment this morning...

226223.png

Again with the snow and scenery envy. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's lovely fresh snow with sunshine and happiness - not the slushy mucky misery we get here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Aye, but it is a bitch to make a snowman out of it. #firstworldproblems

Yeah, but you just end up arranging postcard scenes instead. :p

Off to Ollies for Sunday lunch later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I am searching about an hour now and cant find it.

Anyone have the link to the map on Fingal CO CO website that shows all the planning permissions by location?

This link doesnt seem to show it

http://maps.fingalcoco.ie/LOCATIONPUBLISHER/Layout1.aspx

• Advertisement

Our resident Beast has been nominated as a legend of boards

Quare fog about today!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

We are -um- moving back! Yay :)

Welcome back sNarah! :)

Welcome back :)

we are contemplating our long term future, where we want to live in the next few years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Groetjes

Stheno wrote: »
    Welcome back :)

we are contemplating our long term future, where we want to live in the next few years :)

And? Found somewhere?

we are 100% happy to move back here, the Irish boy and me. Our standard and quality of life were much better than what we had in Belgium... Though it was so lovely to be near friends and family. But, what do ya know, turns out Ireland isn't that bad after all. I think himself is more suprised by this fact than I am :rolleyes:

There are a couple of teenagers hanging around the church on Church Road in Swords throwing empty drinks bottles at cars, if any of you are about that way. Mind yourselves!

I'm back, back!
    In Stamullen, which according to me is NCD as NCD should annex it ;)

And I haz broadband, weeeeeeh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Sure ye could throw a stone from there & it'd land in the North County...

Welcome home. :)

Advertisement