Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Welcome back sNarah :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Good lord, the traffic around Swords is a royal pita this week with all the roadworks.

Saw where that fatal accident occurred on the Rathbeale Road when I was out today, very close to where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Anyone know what the big works are going on beside the m1 on the naul road? Fair amount going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Anyone know what the big works are going on beside the m1 on the naul road? Fair amount going on.

Apparently a big warehouse/depot for the NRA & Fingal CoCo Roads Dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Eoineo wrote: »
    Apparently a big warehouse/depot for the NRA & Fingal CoCo Roads Dept.

Ahh, thank you. My curiosity was itching something awful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I was bored so I madeth something :o

tumblr_mm32r72SZO1ql8x1wo1_1280.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's lovely sNarah. I'd love to be able to draw or paint, I can just about draw matchstick men. My daughters still jeer me over the one thing I could draw for them to colour in when they were young - a clown :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What's going on on the Dublin road in Swords with the roadworks?

I'm not sure - I thought maybe it was the laying of new cables for Eircom? According to AA Roadwatch they'll be there until mid May and then moving on up to between the Forest road and the Garda station - and that will take until June http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch/Story.aspx?id=135074

I'm not sure - I thought maybe it was the laying of new cables for Eircom? According to AA Roadwatch they'll be there until mid May and then moving on up to between the Forest road and the Garda station - and that will take until June http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch/Story.aspx?id=135074

I thought the same, but the contractor notices say they are working for Fingal?

They were down in Boroimhe a few weeks ago, caused traffic hell coming home :)

• Advertisement

It seems they're upgrading the water mains - finally: http://www.swordsdublin.net/news_swords_county_dublin.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Bit of a crazy evening here in Zürich Airport. Some woman burst through boarding card control just ahead of me & then somehow cleared the security check area without any ID. The whole place went into lock-down with armed police running around.

They managed to catch her after 10 mins or so. It there's nothing like the sight of lots of nervous policemen & -women with machine guns to get the nerves jangling. :o

Off to the lounge for some free brandy & gummy bears to calm my nerves! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Bit of a crazy evening here in Zürich Airport. Some woman burst through boarding card control just ahead of me & then somehow cleared the security check area without any ID. The whole place went into lock-down with armed police running around.

They managed to catch her after 10 mins or so. It there's nothing like the sight of lots of nervous policemen & -women with machine guns to get the nerves jangling. :o

Off to the lounge for some free brandy & gummy bears to calm my nerves! :)

In all my years of going through Zürich airport I have never seen or witnessed anything like that.. I am guessing the strong police reaction is all the worse since the Boston attack and political incident in Italy recently. I am sure they're being very watchful all over Europe at the moment.

Safe journey home, HB.. and I hope that Brandy is working by now :)

Which brandy exactly? There have been a few already. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

That's your excuse for Mrs THB , and your sticking to it.:p

Too damn right Cathy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

..sounds like there might be yodeling and Switzerdütsch songs aplenty on the streets of Skerries later on.. for sure 'twill be the auld earplugs for me tonight lest I think I am in Berner Oberland or the Appenzell :D

(psst, someone needs to ring poor Mrs HB and warn her, methinks..)

Sounds like you've recovered well from the shock tHB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ah wow, NCD really is a lovely place to be. The missus and myself went out for a short drive last night. From Balbriggan we headed into Naul and from there to Ballyboughal and then onto the R132 back to the 'Briggan. Rolling countryside, quaint cottages, winding country lanes...... it's hard to believe you're still in Dublin and so close to the city.

It's fantastic, I really love living here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What Skerries looks like on the wireless.

• Advertisement

Guess who has found herself a new job after moving back 5 weeks ago and is totally excited about "making dinner and cleaning the house" no longer being my main activities? Start on may 20th so 13 more days of sleeping in and reading books in the sun... 't is hard knock life I tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

sNarah wrote: »
    Guess who has found herself a new job after moving back 5 weeks ago and is totally excited about "making dinner and cleaning the house" no longer being my main activities? Start on may 20th so 13 more days of sleeping in and reading books in the sun... 't is hard knock life I tell ya!

Crap- does this mean I might encounter you on the train now? :pac:

No! You evil git! Commuting to Navan so no chance of needing to have awkward chat with me :rolleyes: But, here sir, we need to catch up! You around any of the evenings, I'll drop in to say hello! Maybe we'd better discuss this somewhere other than here though!

Congrats sNarah!

I'm taking a plunge into learning how to sail after the open day in Howth Yacht Club last weekend, off for a trial as crew tomorrow!

Try to not drown, I think that's the main thing really isn't it? :rolleyes: No, have fun though, do report back to us non-sailing chumps!

sNarah wrote: »
    Try to not drown, I think that's the main thing really isn't it? :rolleyes: No, have fun though, do report back to us non-sailing chumps!

Lolol I used teach lifesaving and was a lifeguard, still a decent swimmer. And I've a lifejacket, and nothing could be worse than the three mile swim to qualify as a lifeguard!

All I can say for now, is I'm amazed at how welcoming folk were to anyone like me with a small bit of enthusiasm.

I would have been the sort who would have seen yacht clubs and being part of them as being out of my league.

Congrats Snarah on the job.

Sailing course at this time of the year is a fantastic idea. I recently joined a new (unrelated) club myself and also found it very welcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Know that even if your boss comes out every 15 mins bangs you on the head and kicks your shins , every day , your day will still be better then mine.cleaning the house and making dinner and RUNNING around after a 16 year old traped ina 19 month olds body .
    Some days I'd say going to work would be a rest.
    I have mastered how to go to the loo and sing a verse of the wheels on the bus go round and round. I'm sure my neighbour thinks I'm strange.
    I think they should so a sticky where we say what job we do so if we are looking for a person skilled in that area we at least know them from here .so if anyone wants to know how to master the sing/ pee/ wave at the baby in the cot skill , let me know.
    Well jealous . Well done .xx

I think I'm good with the keeping the 18 month old amused so I can get a toilet break. I know what you mean Cathy!

• Advertisement

Congrats on the new job sNarah!
    Stheno, best of luck with the trial.

Advertisement