Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Congrats on the new job sNarah!
    Stheno, best of luck with the trial.

We didn't sail, but I did a couple of jobs and have been asked back!

OMG the excitement :)

And I think my mechanic might have found the OHs dream car!!!

Such a mega day!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Shocked to hear about the robbery in Balbriggan this afternoon in a jewellers.

Hope the poor staff are all ok and not too shaken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Stheno wrote: »
    Shocked to hear about the robbery in Balbriggan this afternoon in a jewellers.

Hope the poor staff are all ok and not too shaken :(

Heard nothing whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Jewelers held up on Drogheda St this afternoon. 5 men arrested in a taxi on the M1 shortly afterwards.

Jewelers held up on Drogheda St this afternoon. 5 men arrested in a taxi on the M1 shortly afterwards.

Stuff for them, husband just home and he told me.
    Animals, I hope the book is thrown at them.
    Anthony Murphy is a gent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

At least they caught them, that's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

http://www.thejournal.ie/jewellery-shop-robbery-balbriggan-904522-May2013/?utm_source=twitter_self

Scumbags. As said, hopefully the staff aren't too shaken. A horrific ordeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

That's awful. Murphy's are a brilliant jewellers. Also - some may not realise - a great supporter of local community groups and businesses. Glad they caught the alleged perpetrators and I hope the shop is repaired soon & staff are okay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

So, any time I drive past the ALSAA gym I keep thinking someone's going to put a >> :pac: symbol on the sign out the front - 'we're open, please use the rear entrance'.

Yes, rather juvenile...

• Advertisement

careful-now.jpg

:p

Getting around Swords is becoming a nightmarish experience with the amount of roadworks :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's crazy - and the Topaz service station must be losing a fortune, that road has been one-way for weeks now. In any other country they'd be working through the night to get it done quickly.

Normality has finally been restored on Main Street :)

A story in today's Indo about a few local heroes.

Well done David Grant, Alex May and Ben Graham! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AlDPal

Well I tried to make my point 2 weeks ago, and most of it fell on deaf ears, but I still remain very strongly apposed to the whole plan as laid out by the City Council......

AlDPal wrote: »
    Well I tried to make my point 2 weeks ago, and most of it fell on deaf ears, but I still remain very strongly apposed to the whole plan as laid out by the City Council......

About what?

28C at 6:15 & having a beer in the sun in the Old City in Bern.

Just sayin'...

Hi to Neil Sedaka - was really great to see you yesterday. Been waaaaay too long.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

28C? That's nothin' :pac:

Anyone been to Skerries Mills?

Looking for somewhere to go on an outing tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

If you are talking about the tour - I did it years ago & thought it was great. But I am an old codger. :)

The grub in the cafe is also pretty good. You can take a stroll to the pond & feed the ducks & swans after.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭sbkenn

Well done indeed. The problem that I have with the report is that I am not a fisherman, I live in a boat in the harbour, have probably the only 2 rezcue harnesses on the harbour, went in the waistdeep(and rising) water in my jocks, held the girl in the harness while climbing the ladder one handed as my friend and neighbour & a passer by, hauled her up onto the quay. I don't know precisely what the 3 boys did, but she would have been in the water for another 15mins if I hadn't come to their aid. All this, and the Co. Co. are still hell bent on forcing me out.
    A story in today's Indo about a few local heroes.

Well done David Grant, Alex May and Ben Graham! :)

Almost 8:30 here & still 30C. Sitting on a terrace with a large G&T. Sweating like a [insert generalisation here]. What's the weather like back home?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Torrential rain and tornado's
    not that we're jealous but, from one mod to another, is it a bannable offence to brag about the weather abroad?

Not a jealous bone in my body............
    It never entered my head the words "I hope they are riddled with Thrush".
    Nothing wrong with rain, floods , wind. Sure who needs sun shine:(
    No really enjoy it you'll be back soon and everything will be as normal.
    Rain rain rain rain etc etc.

Cathy - That thrush comment caused me to spew G&T from my nose all over my newspaper. :D
    I am leaving this bar in shame... :o

TBH - I can't wait to get home next week for my holliers. Off to Kerry for some cycling, hiking & whale-watching.
    Accompanied by some super food & gargle.

No torrential rain here now but plenty of muddy puddles :(
    tHB, here's hoping you bring the sun home with you next week.

Cathy - that cracked me up :D

Was on the M1 just before 5 - rain was mad.

Meanwhile, from broadsheet.ie

32-e1375361325630.jpg

• Advertisement

The Oh and I are a bit strange, we like to go out somewhere like our living room, I'll read, he surfs the web, and we eat and chill out.

Have found the perfect spot, The Doghouse Cafe in Howth, lovely simple food, great service, massive outdoor area with heating, and we just had the nicest day there today.

Paying the bill, my waiter noticed that I'd bought a pile of books in the book sale earlier and asked for recommendations as he is just getting into reading.

I gave him a few, then when we got to the car, remembered I've about 200 books (I'm an avid reader 6-8 books a week :rolleyes:) looking for a new home, and some of them were ones I'd recomended.

So we dropped in after picking up the car, and I asked him if he'd like a few books, he was thrilled with the offer (poor student), so result is I'll be dropping in a bag of thirty books from a variety of authors for him to get stuck into this week :)

I love how sometimes those random conversations lead to something :)

Advertisement